10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Id say the Democrats realized the same thing I did over a year ago. Thinking that Trump would be impeached is as much a pipe dream as thinking the states would definitely the EC and vote against him in December 2016.
    Honestly, it's a really simple issue to grasp.

Impeachment is a political process, not one that abides by ethical principles of justice. The only reason truth and decency matter, to an impeachment proceeding, is to the extent that it matters to each individual member of Congress.

It doesn't matter how incompetent Trump seems to be, how clearly it appears he's obstructed justice, how deep his connections to criminal underlings. What matters is if Republican members in the House and Senate will vote "yea" to impeach him. If they won't (and I'm comfortable saying they won't, on purely partisan grounds), then unless you've got enough votes to push it through in House and Senate regardless, impeachment is a waste of time and effort. The Dems might get the House, but not the Senate, the way things are right now. That's likely to change in 2020, but it may also no longer be an issue in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The toxicity here is also starting to wear on me and I may be taking a break from this cesspool as well.
    Oh please spare us from your post history you love cesspool and fully support expanding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, it's a really simple issue to grasp.

Impeachment is a political process, not one that abides by ethical principles of justice. The only reason truth and decency matter, to an impeachment proceeding, is to the extent that it matters to each individual member of Congress.

It doesn't matter how incompetent Trump seems to be, how clearly it appears he's obstructed justice, how deep his connections to criminal underlings. What matters is if Republican members in the House and Senate will vote "yea" to impeach him. If they won't (and I'm comfortable saying they won't, on purely partisan grounds), then unless you've got enough votes to push it through in House and Senate regardless, impeachment is a waste of time and effort. The Dems might get the House, but not the Senate, the way things are right now. That's likely to change in 2020, but it may also no longer be an issue in 2020.
    What youre describing is that Trump was being looked at for political violations of his position as opposed to criminal violations. This video does a pretty good job outlining the distinction with a case where impeachment proceedings actually occurred

You know, if you have two hours to spare to look at the finer points of US law. :P

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I mean, you're agreeing with someone whose stance is basically summed up as pretty left, who wants to give help, amnesty, citizenship to the immigrants in the country immediately.
    I don't have a problem with disagreeing with another person on various issues. I found him to be reasonable, fair-minded, intelligent and objective (a rarity in this forum). I respect him for it and hope to find others here like him.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with disagreeing with another person on various issues. I found him to be reasonable, fair-minded and objective (a rarity in this forum). I respect him for it and hope to find others here like him.
    Translation: He agrees with my position on the Russia investigation so I'm going to fluff him up as an upstanding individual.

I'm sure the instant the issue of immigrants comes up between you two, you'd degrade back into your usual condescending, shit posting memes self.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Translation: He agrees with my position on the Russia investigation so I'm going to fluff him up as an upstanding individual.

I'm sure the instant the issue of immigrants comes up between you two, you'd degrade back into your usual condescending, shit posting memes self.
    This really isn't that hard. I respect people that treat me with respect...and disrespect those who treat me with disrespect.

- - - Updated - - -

Back on topic...it looks like Barr will release the report by mid-April at the latest. He also wants to publicly testify before Congress after the report is released.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Back on topic...it looks like Barr will release the report by mid-April at the latest. He also wants to publicly testify before Congress after the report is released.
    He's also removing from the report all evidence that was presented to the Grand Jury. Which is one of the main things both Congress and the public have been asking to see.

Handing over a water down report is just as good as handing over no report at all.

Report to Congress soon, hopefully my fellow liberals will give up on this damaging charade and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Report to Congress soon, hopefully my fellow liberals will give up on this damaging charade and move on.
    How is it a charade when 6 people from the president's inner circle are in prison or on their way? This is about holding people accountable to the law. No one forced Trump to lie about everything or to hire felons and con men.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How is it a charade when 6 people from the president's inner circle are in prison or on their way? This is about holding people accountable to the law. No one forced Trump to lie about everything or to hire felons and con men.
    I should have specified a charade, re: collusion and obstruction.

I wonder if after seeing the report will Adam Schiff resign? I feel embarrassed for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the republicans proved anything, it's that continuing to slander someone well beyond any relevant legal proceedings actually does continue to denigrate the slandered in the eyes of the public.

Turnabout's fair play, no? And I honestly see nothing wrong with continuing to damage Trump's reputation.

And of course, Trump's legal proceedings aren't even over.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I should have specified a charade, re: collusion and obstruction.

I wonder if after seeing the report will Adam Schiff resign? I feel embarrassed for him.
    I feel Adam Schiff is doing democrats proud, republicans spend 6 fucking years on Benghazi and people on the left are afraid of their own shadow for fuck sake.

15+ Year Old Account
    What damaging charade? What's with these "both sides" people and your run of the mill deluded conservatives not wanting the investigative and oversight process to be completed?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. AG Barr said they'd get his summary when they did, so I trust they'll get the report by mid-April. How much of it is redacted remains to be seen.
    Congress won't accept anything short of the full report to the committees with proper security clearances, no one cares about another edited Trump lackey summary. Democrats need to grow a spine and milk this for all it's worth.

There are still portions that could require redaction as it’s not a security clearances matter. It’s a legal matter as some parts pertain to ongoing proceedings.

I still think they should get the full unredacted report, but that’s what will happen.
    While I can understand redactions before making it public, Congress should absolutely get the full, unredacted report.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    While I can understand redactions before making it public, Congress should absolutely get the full, unredacted report.
    ...so Adam Schiff can leak it?

I'll pass, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll pass, thank you.
    Remember when transparency used to be considered a positive?

We shall see what happens in the coming weeks. Right now I’m more focused on Trump’s desire to close borders and end the ACA.
    "I can't focus on this big huge presidential scandal because of this other big huge presidential scandal" is basically the theme for Trump's entire presidency.

I'll pass, thank you.
    ya...how dare the public find out information...that American public doesn't deserve to know anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    "I can't focus on this big huge presidential scandal because of this other big huge presidential scandal" is basically the theme for Trump's entire presidency.
    cant remember where i saw the quote but it was 'if trump was half as bad he would seam twice as worse".

I'll pass, thank you.
    See, this is wrong. If congress has the right to see it, then they have the right to see it. You can't argue to a Judge, "your honor, I'm pretty sure they will leak it if we give it to them" because the judge will just say, then prosecute the leak.