More interesting autopsy details from John Dowd, Trump's former lawyer during the Mueller investigation for a period of time. Mueller was apparently perfectly understanding of Trump's Twitter outrage; there was a political side to the investigation as much as there was a legal one, and Mueller understood this. The only concern Mueller apparently had was that Trump's comments would act as a message to potential witnesses not to cooperate, but according to Dowd, he was reassured and given full access to all witnesses and it never came up again.

Mueller's appointment and the actions of Rosenstein are apparently a complete mystery. Jeff Sessions was in the oval office with his chief of staff, talking to Trump, when they were all informed Mueller had been appointed, and Sessions was, according to Dowd, mortified. Trump ripped into him, asking how this could happen and how could he not have known? Sessions' chief of staff marched into Rosenstein's office to get answers and Rosenstein was allegedly very hat-in-hand, asking, "Are they going to fire me"? Dowd points out that the investigation never specified a crime; instead, it was a counter-intelligence investigation. Such an investigation is suited to serve the president; it's not an adversarial matter. For that, you specify a crime that requires a special counsel investigation.

The appointment of Mueller by Rosenstein was a complete surprise, and how it came to be is shrouded in mystery.

About the firing of Mueller, and whether that was ever a consideration, Dowd calls it absurd, stating, "Why would you want to do the investigation all over again when you're fully cooperating?" The intent from Trump's legal team at the time was to try and expedite the investigation as much as possible to get it concluded, and there was frustration that it took as long as it did.

If you have an opportunity, John Dowd has a two-part interview with Byron York where he talks about all this, and it's all very, very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    There wasn't a special counsel and Obamas campaign was not spied on by an opposition party
    What? No, seriously, what? The fuck does any of that have to do with anything I just said. Also, Barr literally said he had no evidence of any of this and just a FEELING, so why you immediately think it is true is anyones fucking guess.

Remember when someone in Trump's administration, and Trump himself, said there was spying being done on him, like in his microwave, and that turned out to be fucking nothing? Trump isn't worth spying on as he just fucking projects everything and anything he doesn't is leaked by people in his own administration.

So go ahead and believe yet another low class conspiracy that even the person starting it says there's no evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    More interesting autopsy details from John Dowd, Trump's former lawyer during the Mueller investigation for a period of time. Mueller was apparently perfectly understanding of Trump's Twitter outrage; there was a political side to the investigation as much as there was a legal one, and Mueller understood this. The only concern Mueller apparently had was that Trump's comments would act as a message to potential witnesses not to cooperate, but according to Dowd, he was reassured and given full access to all witnesses and it never came up again.
    Where are you getting this from?

Also, how the fuck can it be politically motivated when the GOP started it? Will you answer any question?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Also, how the fuck can it be politically motivated when the GOP started it? Will you answer any question?
    What's meant by "a political side to this" is simply that Trump was getting bludgeoned in the press over these accusations, and that it was expected that Trump would push back publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    What's meant by "a political side to this" is simply that Trump was getting bludgeoned in the press over these accusations, and that it was expected that Trump would push back publicly.
    Pushed back in a way that made himself look guilty as all fffffuck. Also, responding back isn't a "political side", that's not it at all.

Someone should start a Mega-Thread: Trump Campaign Spying

Quote Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
    I mean, that would be a conspiracy theory that has no basis in truth beyond wildly dishonest claims that it's totally true, whereas this one is based on a mountain of evidence that turned up dozens of charges. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    boy, this whole Muller thing went from some peoples wet dream to worst nightmare. I wonder how many people that started this whole thing will be indited for spying, collusion and / or obstruction of justice? Nadler should be the first in my opinion he has been screaming for months now to have proof; which honestly so has a bunch of people, but in the end the American justice system prevailed again...Amazing the length that some will go to undermine persons they dislike.

God Bless America!
    Have you tried not being like your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    conspiracy theory that has no basis in truth beyond wildly dishonest claims that it's totally true

That is, in itself, a dishonest claim. I'm starting to think the right wing only peddles in lies and dishonest horseshit.

Sorry, that was dishonest of me. I figured that out years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e7/Adam_Schiff_official_portrait.jpg/220px-Adam_Schiff_official_portrait.jpg
    An investigation isn’t a conspiracy theory. Demands for transparency, is the opposite of a conspiracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    That is, in itself, a dishonest claim. I'm starting to think the right wing only peddles in lies and dishonest horseshit.

Sorry, that was dishonest of me. I figured that out years ago.
    An investigation that supposedly found Trump not guilty and trying to get a 400 page document showing he isn’t guilty, is a bizarre thing to call a conspiracy... in defending Trump. If this were not a conspiracy, would Trump be found guilty? Loony toons... it’s Daffy Duck screaming rabbit season.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

We should start a mega thread titled "Mega-Thread: Barr Literally says he has no Evidence".

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    We should start a mega thread titled "Mega-Thread: Barr Literally says he has no Evidence".
    C'mon, you know it feelz before reelz, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    C'mon, you know it feelz before reelz, yo.
    I know, I know, but this is probably the biggest thing of "Barr says spying happened!!!!!111!Fart!!!!!" while they skip over the "he also said he has no evidence" part. It's honestly infuriating that public schools failed us this hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, those accusations that the Trump Campaign colluded with a foreign government to spy on the other campaigns and the American people should be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I agree, those accusations that the Trump Campaign colluded with a foreign government to spy on the other campaigns and the American people should be taken seriously.
    It was - They got nothing. Now we should hire a special council for the Spying on Trump campaign! Don't you want transparency?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was - They got nothing. Now we should hire a special council for the Spying on Trump campaign! Don't you want transparency?
    Yes, I want transparency, which is why we should investigate Trump spying on other campaigns. He has a habit of projecting when he does onto others, so we should check Clinton's microwaves. Trump just might have had them tapped.

If you weren't paying attention, that hasn't been investigated yet.

Naw, they just want folks to nod their head in agreement that everyone in the rightwing is a nazis and trump is their fuhrer.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I wouldn't call everyone to the right nazis. But, people who are white nationalists/neo nazis are now republicans and enthusiastically supporting Trump. They're also in the administration and working to achieve their racist goals.

But again, please keep dragging this out instead of ripping off the bandage. Let's make sure the full report gets released to the public even closer to election day. Really dumb moves by Barr and Trump on this one.

Was there evidence of people in Trump's team of wrong doing?

If the answer is YES, the investigation was justified.
    If the answer is NO, the investigation was not justified.

Things that point to YES:
    - Evidence given to obtain FISA warrant
    - Numerous indictments
    - Numerous lies under oath from various people on Trump's team
    - Trump constantly obstructing the investigation

Things that point to NO:
    -
    -
    -
    -

Oh yeah, not one fucking thing.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Was there evidence of people in Trump's team of wrong doing?
    And let's follow up with "was there evidence of Obama spying on Trump's campaign?"

Because even Barr said there was no evidence. Not that he couldn't disclose it. That he didn't have any. And he read the Mueller report, so, Mueller didn't have any either.

Starting a politically-motivated investigation with no evidence is dramatically different than starting an investigation that both sides agree upon based on public evidence. The rabid fanbase aren't interested in transparency or they'd be demanding the Mueller report. They're desperate for a distraction before the report hits Congress.