And back to a waste of 5 minutes with Chuck Grassley.

Of Course Chuck Grassley is a fucking piece of shit that is trying to relitigate things that have already been taken care of. Talking about the Steele Dossier, Lisa Page and Peter Strzok.

And from what I saw, Barr already lied in his opening statement. Saying that Mueller had no problem with the way the report was released and his letter. Because Congress released Mueller's letter last night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    And back to a waste of 5 minutes with Chuck Grassley.
    I can't wait til that fucker dies. Because my state is stupid enough to keep electing him and racists like Steve King.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-05-01 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

Man this is like Democrats version of Benghazi.

WTB Mueller in front of Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Man this is like Democrats version of Benghazi.
    Not even close. There hasn't been 8 more investigations that get no results. But keep lying for your Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Not even close. There hasn't been 8 more investigations that get no results. But keep lying for your Trump.
    It's as similar to Benghazi as Zenkai is a woke independent.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-05-01 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Don't feed the woke independent.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-05-01 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

It's as similar to Benghazi as Zenkai is a woke independent.
    Yeah there were 8 investigations, millions wasted, no indictments, Hillary actually testified in front of congress, etc. Pretty much the exact opposite of what Trump did when cooperating with this investigation.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of Course Chuck Grassley is a fucking piece of shit that is trying to relitigate things that have already been taken care of. Talking about the Steele Dossier, Lisa Page and Peter Strzok.

And from what I saw, Barr already lied in his opening statement. Saying that Mueller had no problem with the way the report was released and his letter. Because Congress released Mueller's letter last night.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait til that fucker dies. Because my state is stupid enough to keep electing him and racists like Steve King.
    Wishing death upon others? Really? Maybe it's time to step back and reassess what kind of human being you want to be. When politics generates this kind of reaction, something is wrong, very wrong with one's world view.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Leahy is ripping Barr a new one.

Facts, page numbers etc..

"You learned the filibuster rules better than some Senators"

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again it's time for Guess the Speaker Writer!

The summary letter the Department [of Justice] sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature and substance of this Office’s work and conclusions. We communicated that concern to the Department on the morning of March 25. There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation.
    That is, of course, Mueller's letter as written to Barr and released by Congress. So, Mueller asked him twice to be honest and Barr still lied in front of Congress today.

18. Barr says there is a difference between saying "fire Mueller" and "have Mueller removed"

THIS IS THE ENTIRE BASIS OF BARR DECIDING THERE WAS NO OBSTRUCTION
    https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status...498028544?s=09

Wow.....

Yay I've got an admirer!

And another waste of 5 minutes. HILLARY COLLUDED WITH A FOREIGN POWER BECAUSE OF MENTAL GYMNASTICS! /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Give Sethrak Blizz View Post
    God, people that split hairs on language like this need to be slapped a couple of times with a thesaurus.

Then they need to be slapped a few more, and repeat until they get the message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.....
    I hate to quote Family Guy, but it's just too perfect.

"And it's not so much that I want to kill her...it's just...I...I just want her, not to be alive, anymore."

What Family Guy did as humor/satire, Barr is now doing to try to defend Trump. This adds to "Is there a Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemistry?" in a mounting list of "things Team Trump did that's literally cartoonish levels of evil"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    God, people that split hairs on language like this need to be slapped a couple of times with a thesaurus.
    To be fair, there are lots of legal terms where splitting hairs is a really big deal.

But this is not one of them. Barr's desperate and it's showing in his lack of composure, and he doesn't have the imagination to improvise.

Barr is losing his cool.

Aren't there 7 more investigations still ongoing?

18. Barr says there is a difference between saying "fire Mueller" and "have Mueller removed"

THIS IS THE ENTIRE BASIS OF BARR DECIDING THERE WAS NO OBSTRUCTION
    ---

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status...498028544?s=09

Wow.....
    (OK, I revoke my original promise not to post in this thread, I took just a single look and it's just too hilarious / stupid to say nothing. Normally, when I say I am not going to post, I don't post, but threads on Trump are going to be an exception.)

The above is a mischaracterization of what was said.

There is a link in prior posts to the CNN page that posts detailed updates. Citing the exchange that the tweet references from there, in full, omitting nothing, altering nothing:

---
    Feinstein: You still have a situation where a president essentially tries to change the lawyer's account in order to prevent further criticism of himself.

Barr: Well that’s not a crime.

Feinstein: So you can, in this situation, instruct someone to lie?

Barr: No, it has to be, well, to be obstruction of justice, the lie has to be tied to impairing the evidence in a particular proceeding. McGahn had already given his evidence, and I think it would be plausible that the purpose of McGahn memorializing what the President was asking was to make the record that the President never directed him to fire. And there is a distinction between saying to someone, “Go fire him, go fire Mueller” and saying, “have him removed based on conflict.” They have different results.

Feinstein: And what would that conflict be?

Barr: The difference between them is that if you removed someone for a conflict of interest, then there would be presumably another person appointed.
    ---

Do you see what "have Mueller removed" refers to in the above? The full phrase is "removed someone for a conflict of interest".

The tweet omits that in order to rage. This is dishonest and stupid.

"We haven't waived executive privilege."

Glad to know you're the representing the American people Barr.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We haven't waived executive privilege."
    Wow, Barr really shouldn't have said "We" there. Yes, that's Barr admitting he and Trump colluded on the defense on this one. On live TV no less.