The two hardest losses for me were...

My Siberian Husky. My dad named her Boo, after that one song. She was in my life from the age of 10 until the age of 23. Lots of memories of her. She was definitely my childhood best friend. I was able to teach her to roll over at the age if *eight*! I proved you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

The other one was my ferret, Penelope. She lived a ripe 8 years (I got her at age 16, she died when I was 24) I know it seems weird, but she had more personality than most animals. She would play this game with me where she would gently bite my down on my finger and I'd lift her up, and we'd see who'd cave first (I put her down or she falls off my finger). She would get angry when I won and keep biting the same spot until I had to put her down. It was so adorable. She would crawl under the sleeve of my shirt and fall asleep, and she found out if she poops on newspaper she doesn't go back in her cage. She was SO intelligent. I've had other ferrets but none like her. She always had playmates until the last one died six months before she did. I actually had to put her down, she didn't die naturally. I could write paragraphs about how unique she was but this isn't facebook. XD