Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Why doesn't Blizz improve the visuals of WoW like other devs?

If we look at League of Legends and other such games, over the years there have been massive graphical improvements.

But with WoW it looks fairly similar to when it first was developed. I get that they want to go for a certain artstyle but some of the textures in particular look like a game from the ps2/xbox era.

Shouldn't Blizz give this more attention? It no doubt is a major factor why new players don't bother trying the game out.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    If we look at League of Legends and other such games, over the years there have been massive graphical improvements.

But with WoW it looks fairly similar to when it first was developed. I get that they want to go for a certain artstyle but some of the textures in particular look like a game from the ps2/xbox era.

Shouldn't Blizz give this more attention? It no doubt is a major factor why new players don't bother trying the game out.

Blizzard not updating every little texture =/= blizz not updating at all.

There have been many major improvements throughout the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Blizzard not updating every little texture =/= blizz not updating at all.

There have been many major improvements throughout the years.

I agree there have been improvements but major ones. I've read game reviews which are independent and they say the same thing. That the game looks old and dated. It's what people see.

Eeeeh, last expansion was a major graphical overhaul when it came to character models.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree there have been improvements but major ones. I've read game reviews which are independent and they say the same thing. That the game looks old and dated. It's what people see.
    For curiosity sake I would love to see some of them.

"No doubt". I doubt. I doubt it quite a bit actually. Unless you have a survey of 1,000 players who started and quit the game regarding why they quit.

Also if WoW looked like LoL i'd quit.

For a 10 year old game, WoW looks amazing. Hell for a current gen game WoW looks amazing. Of all the things to complain about in the game, the visuals are low. The worst issues exist in some character models and animations, but slowly and surely Blizz has been working on them.
    Also actual old content can look dated, but I like the way it looks in contrast with the rest of the game. It's a reminder that this zone has been here since the beginning.

Do you recall Vanilla? Remember the old character models? There have been major improvements to the game's visuals since its launch.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

Legion just added hundreds of new models, effects, spells, and updating is still in progress mostly for npcs, as they usually don't do massive terrain changes when an expansion is underway.

Now to mention, the particle density, anti aliasing options, shaders/ light effects, view distance, clutter density etc....

I used to raid molten core/blackwing lair with a dense red fog back in 2005, now even at view distance 1, it's much better...

Yeti, Kobold, Trogg, Rabbit, Naga, Bear all got updated in Legion.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-29 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Do you recall Vanilla? Remember the old character models? There have been major improvements to the game's visuals since its launch.
    Do you have visual proof so we can compare side by side?

You mean a Old world update?While im not agaisn't considering the uproar the community would do if the world would to be changed again.I don't think is a good idea.

Also, just look at the last 3 expansions.They updated the character models, made weapons, maps, objects, itens, mounts, pets and everything else with good models and textures.

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you never played in vanilla or even anytime before wrath.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Fine, go back to the old water, shadows, lighting, texture resolution, and effects. Suit yourself.

Outland still looks like crap compared to the latest expansion, but nobody ever complains about how crappy Vice City looks in the era of GTA:V.

10+ Year Old Account
    they already have... have you actually compared MoP-Legion zones to screenshots from vanilla? Difference is night and day.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post

lol you beat me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The new character modells looks like shit i only say human male running...

Sadly they scrapped the option to use the old models for yourself entering Legion.

They have updated. They haven't updated older content though. Textures could be upgraded but currently there is no reason since older content isn't made relevent.

I said this in another thread, when they stop supporting people who play on potatoes they probably could make the game look much better.