Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    IAM ON THE HYPE TRAIN FOR SATURDAY!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lol. Legion had the same development as every other expansion, it has nothing to do with stuff going wrong. Last tier > announcement > beta > release. Every single one of them was a year.
    What does the development of Legion have to do with my example? There was also over a years worth of content drought when Legion was in development. I'm referring to post release development, which is obviously a lot different than an entire expansion, but also shows that Blizzard is more than capable of pushing out an expansion in under a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    What does the development of Legion have to do with my example? There was also over a years worth of content drought when Legion was in development. I'm referring to post release development, which is obviously a lot different than an entire expansion, but also shows that Blizzard is more than capable of pushing out an expansion in under a year.
    It does not show that because we don't have an example of it happening yet. It's wishful thinking on your part compared to the examples of the other expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    The Devs themselves are hyped about it. Seems likely they have something worthwhile to show us.
    Probably because this is the first time the new blood have actually created something entirely without Metzen driving the narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Now I know I could be really wrong and missing something but the only minor indication that Blizzard would announce new expansion this Blizzcon was something that Ion said at last Q&A and that was really vague... he only said that new stuff would be announced.

Again I could be wrong and might have missed some blue post but... I don't see anywhere official that next expansion will be announced at Blizzcon.
    Yes, because Jaina being plastered everywhere and shots of Lordaeron sign are totally relevant to upcoming Antorus raid.

Wake up, new expansion will be announced, that is 100% pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Too late, already completely overhyped theres no going back
    CHOO CHOO
    /10chars

Deleted
    Arguably i would expect an announcement. I would expect to finish with artifact during the next month and even level artifacts for os and alts to max next 3-4 months. After that and with only one (max 2) raids it would feel quite weird drifting around only for some current and old achievs. So an announcement is expected.
    The rest of the hype is just youtubers/streamers creating excitement about staff to get some extra viewers and money.

No more hype here cause we all now they'll keep destroying even more the game if that it's even possible this days...

Lol. Legion had the same development as every other expansion, it has nothing to do with stuff going wrong. Last tier > announcement > beta > release. Every single one of them was a year.
    Pretty sure Ion and a few of the CMs said that Legion was actually in pretty heavy planning/development at the same time as WoD. They cut WoD off to focus on Legion because they knew WoD was a trainwreck. I think the results speak for themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Pretty sure Ion and a few of the CMs said that Legion was actually in pretty heavy planning/development at the same time as WoD. They cut WoD off to focus on Legion because they knew WoD was a trainwreck. I think the results speak for themselves.
    And yet it still took 13 month from hfc to launch. If 3 is a pattern, then 6 is a certainty.

2 days to go, and my HYPE meter is reaching dangerous levels! I have a really good feeling that the next expansion is gonna amazing

This is their last chance at revealing a expansion without letting antorus go for over a year, which is just not gonna happen.

And yet it still took 13 month from hfc to launch. If 3 is a pattern, then 6 is a certainty.
    I guess I just don't agree. Given the raw amount of time they've clearly sunk into making Legion a better product, both in terms of quality and release schedule, I don't see how they could do the same for the next expansion without sacrificing a big chunk of Legion to do it.

Maybe that's why Argus is such a shite-hole of backwards, no flying, garbage terrain? I don't know. Could be. Maybe we'll have another 13 months of Argus. That'd fit the pattern pretty well too. :/

Either way I think it's pretty well established that whatever the next expansion is, and whenever it's released, it won't be worth playing until 6 months in. Everything during the first few months of launch is usually pretty weak in retrospect. I don't see any reason to get worked up over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I guess I just don't agree. Given the raw amount of time they've clearly sunk into making Legion a better product, both in terms of quality and release schedule, I don't see how they could do the same for the next expansion without sacrificing a big chunk of Legion to do it.

Maybe that's why Argus is such a shite-hole of backwards, no flying, garbage terrain? I don't know. Could be. Maybe we'll have another 13 months of Argus. That'd fit the pattern pretty well too. :/

Either way I think it's pretty well established that whatever the next expansion is, and whenever it's released, it won't be worth playing until 6 months in. Everything during the first few months of launch is usually pretty weak in retrospect. I don't see any reason to get worked up over it.
    Personally i think it will be 9 months. They also gave us a weekly upgrade and it's a long instance so of course we're going to get a lot more time than the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Now I know I could be really wrong and missing something but the only minor indication that Blizzard would announce new expansion this Blizzcon was something that Ion said at last Q&A and that was really vague... he only said that new stuff would be announced.

Again I could be wrong and might have missed some blue post but... I don't see anywhere official that next expansion will be announced at Blizzcon.
    We're in an expansion announcement year. Last expansion was announced August 2015. That's 2 years and 3 months ago. We're at the final patch with the final raid in Legion. An expansion announcement now would still mean probably a year of alpha and beta testing before the game gets released. If they don't announce an expansion at Blizzcon, they are in trouble.