Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Safe to say Kapernick has more money then that cop will make in his life.
    Well, if that kind of thing matters to you...

I don't see a problem with it. People have been dressing up as various prominent celebrities for Halloween for quite a long time. They've also been dressing up as various politicians too - and I have a suspicion that many of those 'outraged' over this would have no issue if the costume happened to depict a politician they dislike - even if it drew attention to specific features of their appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much of a shitstorm given this is the first I heard about it.

That being said, a police officer mocking Kapernick is incredibly tone deaf and it's not exactly surprising that people would find it in poor taste. However halloween costumes are nearly always in poor taste and this is pretty tame all things considered. So it's a big fat "meh" which is likely how people are taking it given the lack of actual "shitstorm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    What team does Kaepernick play for now again?
    He is well enough set, to donate millions to charity. He doesn’t need to kneel for food... why the sign?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if that kind of thing matters to you...
    The cop is wearing that banner and it’s not like you are voting for president...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's still one of the best scenes ever.
    Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog was better.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    1. Why would you buy a jersey of somebody you don't like . Possible revenues could get back to the player.

2. Because Kaep has a big fucking nose.
    1. I'm more bashing the guy for being super low effort.

2. Just looked at his draft photo, and holy shit. Witch nose objection withdrawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

I love stories like this because it just shows the hypocrisy on display from the extremes of both sides. NFL players kneel, one side says "That's offensive!" and the other says "It's their right, stop being so easily offended". Cop dresses in this costume, latter side says "That's offensive!" and the former says "It's his right, stop being so easily offended!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenx View Post
    I heard nothing about this until you posted it, so I doubt people are as bothered by it as the OP claims.
    Ditto.

Seems conservatives are doing their usual of finding something two people are upset about and going "LOL LOOK AT THIS THING THAT'S TRIGGERING LIBERALS EVERYWHERE"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thats no offensive.

Just because you dont like something means its offensive and he has the right to wear the costume just like Kap has the right to protest. Tasteless if taken at face but being tastless isnt illegal. Hell this might be the most ironic costume ever if you know the cop.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Daily Mail is a tabloid. You really shouldn't be taking it seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop giving attention to the people and theyll stop complaining. In the grand scheme of things no one takes the complaints seriously ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Daily Mail is a tabloid. You really shouldn't be taking it seriously.
    The site being a shit hole doesn't make the blog and the sentiments of SJWs the article is about not real?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Stop giving attention to the people and theyll stop complaining. In the grand scheme of things no one takes the complaints seriously ...
    YouTube demonetization drama... Every other major brand of any particular product issuing apologies and pulling ad campaigns for every little slight SJWs complain about (a recent example with Kellogg's and how they are racist)... Celebrities apologizing for "racially insensitive costumes"... Etc...

Me complaining about them isn't giving them attention, they already have attention and influence.

The site being a shit hole doesn't make the blog and the sentiments of SJWs the article is about not real?
    It's giving the false impression that the insane ramblings of an isolated crazy person are more commonplace than they actually are.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

YouTube demonetization drama... Every other major brand of any particular product issuing apologies and pulling ad campaigns for every little slight SJWs complain about (a recent example with Kellogg's and how they are racist)... Celebrities apologizing for "racially insensitive costumes"... Etc...

Me complaining about them isn't giving them attention, they already have attention and influence.
    The kelloggs thing is stupid that I laugh at someone being that stupid to make the graphic before getting offended by it.

I dont mess with blackface at all but that celebs costume isnt even blackface.

And lets be honest about Halloween costumes and sensitivity...its kind of the point to wear insensitive stuff Halloween. I still dont mess with blackface though

I find it offensive.....that he put so little effort into the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
    I love stories like this because it just shows the hypocrisy on display from the extremes of both sides. NFL players kneel, one side says "That's offensive!" and the other says "It's their right, stop being so easily offended". Cop dresses in this costume, latter side says "That's offensive!" and the former says "It's his right, stop being so easily offended!"
    That is what makes the MMOC-Pol echo chamber(Gen-OT sometimes too) so entertaining! You have two sides viscously “battling” nothing out actually thinking they are serious. And then you have a few of us observing them and having fun.

Enjoy your week everyone. Go Astros!!

https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/cont...for-halloween/

Nobody has a sense of humor anymore.
    It’s halloween. People should just relax and have a good time. Not try to ruin people’s careers.

These are either both ok or neither of them are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    It’s halloween. People should just relax and have a good time. Not try to ruin people’s careers.

These are either both ok or neither of them are.

Its really not an either or though. You example presumes that the cop did blackface, which he didnt. That being said, theres well documented reasons why blackface is taboo, youre painting a false equivalences. Like saying dressing up as an American WW2 is offensive because everyone knows dressing up a German one would be offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Its really not an either or though. You example presumes that the cop did blackface, which he didnt. That being said, theres well documented reasons why blackface is taboo, youre painting a false equivalences. Like saying dressing up as an American WW2 is offensive because everyone knows dressing up a German one would be offensive.
    The article is calling the cop racist.