Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And it seems you like to throw out fancy words when there are no valid reasons to. Our immigration should be merit based and better/stronger vetting involved is my stance. Just like the left wants stronger background checks for gun purchases, which I am not against if they are reasonable. We would be dealing with a Constitutional right after all which every US citizen have.
    But our immigration system is not merit based it never was, I don't see you railing against people like Jared Kushner selling visas to foreigners. Let's not forget that if we use Trump's standards his ancestors would have never been allowed to come to the US and extreme vetting is already implemented.

What do you mean by stronger and better? do you have any idea how long and painful the process is now? you are being vague, be more specific.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But our immigration system is not merit based it never was, I don't see you railing against people like Jared Kushner selling visas to foreigners. Let's not forget that if we use Trump's standards his ancestors would have never been allowed to come to the US and extreme vetting is already implemented.

What do you mean by stronger and better? do you have any idea how long and painful the process is now? you are being vague, be more specific.
    More than you think. This is a section of a article on the subject.

One of the first significant pieces of federal legislation aimed at restricting immigration was the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882, which banned Chinese laborers from coming to America. Californians had agitated for the new law, blaming the Chinese, who were willing to work for less, for a decline in wages.

For much of the 1900s, the federal government had left immigration policy to individual states. However, by the final decade of the century, the government decided it needed to step in to handle the ever-increasing influx of newcomers. In 1890, President Benjamin Harrison (1833-1901) designated Ellis Island, located in New York Harbor near the Statue of Liberty, as a federal immigration station. More than 12 million immigrants entered the United States through Ellis Island during its years of operation from 1892 to 1954.
    European Immigration: 1880-1920

Between 1880 and 1920, a time of rapid industrialization and urbanization, America received more than 20 million immigrants. Beginning in the 1890s, the majority of arrivals were from Central, Eastern and Southern Europe. In that decade alone, some 600,000 Italians migrated to America, and by 1920 more than 4 million had entered the United States. Jews from Eastern Europe fleeing religious persecution also arrived in large numbers; over 2 million entered the United States between 1880 and 1920.

The peak year for admission of new immigrants was 1907, when approximately 1.3 million people entered the country legally. Within a decade, the outbreak of World War I (1914-1918) caused a decline in immigration. In 1917, Congress enacted legislation requiring immigrants over 16 to pass a literacy test, and in the early 1920s immigration quotas were established. The Immigration Act of 1924 created a quota system that restricted entry to 2 percent of the total number of people of each nationality in America as of the 1890 national census–a system that favored immigrants from Western Europe–and prohibited immigrants from Asia

I agree. But it would not be just for the sake of it, but for the sake of possible more victims in the future.
    But I thought trying to prevent murders was wrong. Something something Orwellian pre-crime something something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    you can thank chuck shummer and the diversity visa bill he snuck into something else in 2007 for this trash bag being in our country in the first place.
    How did he sneak in a bill that was law before he was elected?

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Why would I?
    Logically speaking, it would be difficult to obtain visa information about someone whose name you don't know.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Why doesn't Japan get those attacks then? Or Eastern Europe for that matter.
    Well could it be cause they did not bomb the shit out of the countries in the middleeast?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Wth is wrong with fox... DEADLIEST TERRORIST ATTACK IN NY SINCE 9/11, perp used truck as A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Like seriously it sucks that 11 people died but not 2 months ago they were downplaying the worst mass shooting in american history because the guy had no links to islamic terror groups and guns were the focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    So you wanna ban guns?

You should ban trucks as well, especially on pedestrian walks.

Last edited by mmoc00230c3bbe; 2017-11-01 at 04:27 PM.

More than you think. This is a section of a article on the subject.

One of the first significant pieces of federal legislation aimed at restricting immigration was the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882, which banned Chinese laborers from coming to America. Californians had agitated for the new law, blaming the Chinese, who were willing to work for less, for a decline in wages.

For much of the 1900s, the federal government had left immigration policy to individual states. However, by the final decade of the century, the government decided it needed to step in to handle the ever-increasing influx of newcomers. In 1890, President Benjamin Harrison (1833-1901) designated Ellis Island, located in New York Harbor near the Statue of Liberty, as a federal immigration station. More than 12 million immigrants entered the United States through Ellis Island during its years of operation from 1892 to 1954.
    European Immigration: 1880-1920

Between 1880 and 1920, a time of rapid industrialization and urbanization, America received more than 20 million immigrants. Beginning in the 1890s, the majority of arrivals were from Central, Eastern and Southern Europe. In that decade alone, some 600,000 Italians migrated to America, and by 1920 more than 4 million had entered the United States. Jews from Eastern Europe fleeing religious persecution also arrived in large numbers; over 2 million entered the United States between 1880 and 1920.

The peak year for admission of new immigrants was 1907, when approximately 1.3 million people entered the country legally. Within a decade, the outbreak of World War I (1914-1918) caused a decline in immigration. In 1917, Congress enacted legislation requiring immigrants over 16 to pass a literacy test, and in the early 1920s immigration quotas were established. The Immigration Act of 1924 created a quota system that restricted entry to 2 percent of the total number of people of each nationality in America as of the 1890 national census–a system that favored immigrants from Western Europe–and prohibited immigrants from Asia
    I am not sure what your proposal is, what is wrong with the current extreme vetting that you would like to change? what does merit based immigration entail and how would you like to implement is without being unfair? all you have said so far is stronger and better, those are vague meaningless campaign slogans not plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaney View Post
    Why doesn't Japan get those attacks then? Or Eastern Europe for that matter.
    Meanwhile, earlier this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Ban all immigrants or ban all Muslims is the Republican version of ban all guns. Both are stupid extreme lazy solutions
    Is there a single politician that has ever said ban all guns?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    So you wanna ban guns?

You should ban trucks as well, especially on pedestrian walks.
    I'm sure you thought that was clever but no one wants to ban guns though. Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    What fox/breitbart doesnt tell me doesnt happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

/facepalm

so rather than admit you are wrong you are gasping at straws nevermind that is your MO.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the program immune to vetting? what makes you think this one incident makes it worth sacking the entire thing? what are the security holes in it? it seems you are just using hyperbole and reacting.
    Then show me an article where CNN and the rest are running articles reporting on it and not what the PotUS says about it.

Jesus Christ, the first few pages of this thread

Lemme spell it out for you

Islamic Terrorism is bad. White supremacist Terrorism is also bad. Terrorism, of any kind, is bad.

There is no way you can spin an Islamic Terrorist killing a bunch of people to be anything other than what it is - an act of terrorism. Stop. trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Serial killer =/= terrorist. Please stop defiling the English language simply to suit your dogmatic narrative

It is simply a fact that Japan has one of the lowest rates of terrorism and Muslim majority countries have the highest.

Doing something just for the sake of it makes no sense and is more likely to do harm, so far I have not seen any arguments of any policies that would have stopped this tragedy.
    Totally agree, that's why gun control debates are a waste of time.

What does a serial killer have to do with terrorist attacks being very rare or not happening that Yaney was talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a bit interesting that we place so much emphasis on the intent, rather than the actions themselves.

8 people died in a weekend of gang-related violence? That won't make the front pages of practically any national news organization.

8 people died because some unstable individual was influenced by online propaganda? Front pages all week long. Massive international investigations that go on for years.

It makes sense, to a degree. But it's still interesting.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Jesus Christ, the first few pages of this thread

Lemme spell it out for you

Islamic Terrorism is bad. White supremacist Terrorism is also bad. Terrorism, of any kind, is bad.

There is no way you can spin an Islamic Terrorist killing a bunch of people to be anything other than what it is - an act of terrorism. Stop. trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Serial killer =/= terrorist. Please stop defiling the English language simply to suit your dogmatic narrative

It is simply a fact that Japan has one of the lowest rates of terrorism and Muslim majority countries have the highest.
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense when you define "terrorism" as "murder committed by Muslims".

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump rightfully hits Senator Chuck Schumer (uncle of satanic pig Amy Schumer), for his role in establishing the specific immigration program that allowed Islamist terrorist Sayfullo Saipov to operate in the US.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-terror-attack

Senator Schumer's response to being accurately attributed to the murderer was to lament that the days of more obsequious Republican presidents, like George W. Bush, have passed. Oh, and he also suggested spending more money.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense when you define "terrorism" as "murder committed by Muslims".
    If you have just killed a bunch of people and are found with ISIS shit on you, while shouting Allahu Akbar and pledging that ISIS will never die, you are a terrorist.

Fuck your dogmatic bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Toxsins View Post
    Gotta love how this attack didn't even involve real guns and yet the left finds a way to make it about guns.

How about we ban those fully automatic assault trucks while we're at it.
    The only people who made it about guns were all the people were right leaning posters who looked at this and then said sarcastic comments concerning gun control... the right... likes to brings things up and paint themselves the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Trump rightfully hits Senator Chuck Schumer (uncle of satanic pig Amy Schumer), for his role in establishing the specific immigration program that allowed Islamist terrorist Sayfullo Saipov to operate in the US.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-terror-attack

Senator Schumer's response to being accurately attributed to the murderer was to lament that the days of more obsequious Republican presidents, like George W. Bush, have passed. Oh, and he also suggested spending more money.
    1,350,000 people in the program since 1990, over 27 years. 1 guy becomes a terrorist while here.