Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Almost fell for it.

Name checks
    Completely ignoring the point, nameshaming. Checked.

She risks 5 years in prison for that? That's crazy. Maybe a fine or something for possibly endangering her kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    She risks 5 years in prison for that? That's crazy. Maybe a fine or something for possibly endangering her kid.
    You'd deserve 5 years in prison for that comment!

Kid was strapped on, whats the big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Kid was strapped on, whats the big deal.
    Yeah... on top of the freaking car!!!

It's days like these I wish there was a license required to benefit from freedom of speech!

7+ Year Old Account
    i used to do shit like this all the time when i was a kid up till i was a teenager. hell my first car was a beat to shit pickup truck that i put a couch in the bed of the truck and would go pick all my friends up on weekends with it. 10 people in the bed of the truck on milk crates and an old sofa. thats how we got together to play ball on the weekends lol. This is nothing compared to that and the sketchy as hell bike ramps that we tried to kill ourselves with as kids. leave off. some of us remember when it wasnt illegal as hell to do stuff like this.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was anybody hurt?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

man remember when you could ride on beds of pick up trucks?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    man remember when you could ride on beds of pick up trucks?
    I remember the times I could play alone in the woods.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Was anybody hurt?
    "Safety belt not required" rationale, right there. Sure, some don't get hurt, but some do and some will.

What has this world come down to?!?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Used to ride on the hoods of cars all the time...until someone fell off...then we stood on the bumpers.
    yep. that was the 80s for ya. i still tie the sled to the bumper of my truck on 20 feet of rope to whip the kids around in the winter time. be careful and mind where your positioned and there is nothing wrong with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So you mean SITTING IN THE CAR? What are you even getting at with this, I can't even. Low effort at best.
    you CAN even!! I believe in you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    All i have to say is: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    thats the spirit!! You remember fun!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Wow, a kid's life was endangered and all you guys think about is "how you'd let her take you for a ride". Every single one of y'all!
    And they say there's no such thing as rape culture.
    back under the bridge troll.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    The same people defending her would be calling for her head if the kid had gotten hurt.
    I think a parent knows better how to protect their child than the state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You get the exact same thing in a conservative society.
    Except you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow... you guys are something special.

I'm genuinely amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Except you don't.
    Except you do. They ban things like gay marriage, prostitution, marijuana, and push all sorts of decency laws.

No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Ok, so using a nine year old as a method of securing a plastic pool is stupid. Letting your kid ride on the roof of a vehicle is not inherently wrong though, as long as you are a loving parent that takes a few precautions to keep the kid safe, like she apparently did, by strapping him down. She also said he was only up there for 20-30 seconds, which means as soon as it wasn't working, she took him down.

I don't think she should be facing any jail time at all, or any sort of legal action, this is the sort of thing where the police should inform her she is an idiot and let her go. She doesn't seem to be abusing the kid in any way.

Really funny to read all the responses that defend the woman.
    Here you would be fined if the child was not secured in a child booster. If you got caught driving your child strapped on the roof they would probably question the parent's ability to raise a child and for sure would be at least counceled by child protective authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Yeah... on top of the freaking car!!!

It's days like these I wish there was a license required to benefit from freedom of speech!
    So what? People used to do that shit all the time and it was fine, then the fun police became involved. It's days like these where i wish uptight twats like you would take the giant pole from your ass.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Except you don't.
    Tell that to the dead kids who payed for their parent's stupidity. I don't believe that the state should be telling parents how to raise their kids but the state should be calling out dangerous acts for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    You know that endangering doesn't mean they actually got hurt, right? No? I didn't think so by your post.

Yes, we used to do dangerous shit. Our parents never told us to, nor did they facilitate. I did stupid shit all on my own with my friends. My mom was not strapping me to cars or telling me how to be dangerous. What she did is inexcusable and she deserves punishment. Prison, no. Potentially losing her child, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    So what? People used to do that shit all the time and it was fine, then the fun police became involved. It's days like these where i wish uptight twats like you would take the giant pole from your ass.
    No, these were real police, not fun police.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No, these were real police, not fun police.
    Wasn't referring to this incident, was in general, anything stupid and fun like that you can't do anymore, got to bubble wrap those kids!