Deleted

How is resto shaman PvE

Like the title says how are they in PvE , i am aware there really good in PvP but would like to no how there doing in PvE thanks!

Deleted
    preeeeeeetty sick

They're doing well.

Deleted
    Very good raid healers and good in M+ too if you ask me. Can't really go wrong if you roll a resto shaman.

Deleted
    ok thanks for the info

Really enjoyable and perform well.

Very good in m+, though not at the level of hpal for top lvl keys. There was a run with a rsham at MDI.

A staple of healing rosters in raids. However, an argument can be made for having no more than 1, as it's probably better to stack rdruids/hpriests. So, not so easy to get the stable spot in a mythic roster.

Top tier comps in 3v3 have rshamans, as current arena world championship shows.

Resto has the highest amount of raid CDs, and some of them are absolutely encounter breaking such as Spirit Link or Ancestral Protection totem.

Shamans are also unique healers in the fact that they are the only healer that brings a health buff to the raid, and through multiple ways(Artifact ability or T75 talents). The health buff was extremely useful on Kil'jaeden pre-nerf as there were a lot of deaths from big hits(3-4m) doing a small 200-300k overkill damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    A staple of healing rosters in raids. However, an argument can be made for having no more than 1, as it's probably better to stack rdruids/hpriests. So, not so easy to get the stable spot in a mythic roster.
    absolutely not remotely accurate

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    absolutely not remotely accurate
    Yep, a healing roster in raid is usually pala + shammy + druid + random, that random can be whatever but tbh a shaman has a better chance to get a raid spot than a priest or a monk, just check representation in raids, holy priests are immobile, with poor defensives (if you don't count "I use leggo cloak so I can die for free") and not really amazing raid cds either. No clue where this myth came from that priests are desired for raiding. Yeah, if you have one, it's fine. But what you want is pala, shaman, druid. And then whatever you get. 2 shamans can do, 2 palas can do as well. For some weird reason people still believe double pala or double shaman is somehow horrible, it really isn't, plenty of guilds run double shaman or double druid as well with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    No clue where this myth came from that priests are desired for raiding.
    From top 10 rosters this tier. This is josh's opinion in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhlM877-0zU
    He did some fights as holy, some as disc. KJ as disc.

I haven’t had any issues. CD control is the main issue.

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    He did some fights as holy, some as disc. KJ as disc.
    And he literally said he had to justify his spot as disc on KJ because disc is so useless in the intermission phase. Some bosses like maiden and avatar were done with multiple resto druids mainly due to required mobility (especially the weird maiden strat). If you need spirit link or rez totem, you need a shaman. Holy paladins are also pretty irreplaceable with beacons, great burst cds, talent that extends healing range (rule of law or what was the name). Druids have innervate and ironbark on a really short cd. Holy priests don't really bring anything you couldn't just cover with another healer. Disc has some unique utility (barrier, light's wrath, pain suppression) but it requires not only the disc priest but the whole healer team to coordinate well because of the whole disc build up - burst - downtime playstyle. Which obviously Method can do well, but not every guild.

And especially on bosses like KJ there are plenty of double shaman logs (so 1 can bring rez totem and the other earthen protection totem). Having double shaman is not some great detriment unless you need a lot of single target cooldowns (in that case druid / disc wins, true), but in the raid cooldown department shamans have a lot of these.

In mythic+ shamans are underrepresented for what they bring (cooldowns, aoe stun, interrupt) mostly because druids have combat rez and cr is so preferred to stack in m+, maybe if Blizzard nerfs cr stacking as they hinted in MDI shamans will rise in popularity in m+. Paladins ofc have amazing toolkit so no surprise they're up there.

Deleted
    Hpriest/MW are garbage. Hpal, Shaman and Disc are super sick. Druids arent that good right now but right now is pretty irrelevant and you definitely want one going into Antorus because they have basically no weakness and are super versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpspell View Post
    the 2nd problem with Resto shamans at the moment is their lack of personal defensives.
    I'd rate astral shift still above fortifying brew mw edition and especially above desperate prayer. Hpriest biggest "defensive" is the auto rez cloak that consumes a legendary slot, denies you drape of shame and has few other drawbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I'd rate astral shift still above fortifying brew mw edition and especially above desperate prayer. Hpriest biggest "defensive" is the auto rez cloak that consumes a legendary slot, denies you drape of shame and has few other drawbacks.
    I never said that Resto shamans have better or more defensives than the other healers. All I said is that shamans lack personal defensives, which is true. In no way was I rating healer defensives, that has nothing to do with the topic of this post. I simply pointed out the lack of personal defensives resto shamans have.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about raiding, but in m+ the defensive artifact traits are pretty substantial. It's not an immunity or anything, but they make up for lack of avoidance on higher tyrannical keys.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    To start, Hpriest have the highest healing potential compared to all other healers.
    Why is the one fight where you get to turret healing topped by a shaman, despite the majority of the fight favoring the litany of fake healing in the holy priest repertoire, then?
    They can pull insane numbers and offer many CD's if they are used correctly.
    Holy Priests have exactly one raid cooldown and it's by far the least useful one in the game. A game which happens to revolve quite heavily around raid cooldowns. Which is ultimately why Holy Priests are inferior. Overall HPS is barely relevant in this tier. All that matters is executing/breaking mechanics and pressing big raid cooldowns at the right times. Holy Priests suck at both.

First, their lack of ST heals is a problem at the moment.
    What
    For a shaman to have any type of ST their target has to have low HP
    So like every time you even want to press a single target healing spell to begin with
    in raid situations your hpal or priest will get them back up before your healing wave hits them more times than not.
    How is ""their lack of ST heals"" a problem then?
    I would say the 2nd problem with Resto shamans at the moment is their lack of personal defensives.
    Straight up has one of the strongest defensive cooldowns of any non tank in the game and is the overall most durable healer.