Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Future Class?

Since Diablo 3 now has released a class after the game has been released, is it possible for them in the future to release another class?

What class could we expect to see?

Personally I think either Assassin or Druid could make it to the game.

I like the idea of a shape shifter.

After playing with Shadow in PoE, I'd say Assassin is something D3 is missing.

I think Druid will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Since Diablo 3 now has released a class after the game has been released, is it possible for them in the future to release another class?

Possible? Yes.

Should they? No.

Make Diablo 4 the correct way instead? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I think Druid will be next.
    i would agree, hurricane would not be that hard to implement - twisters are already in the game, summons were a cool part of d2 druid
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Would love to see a Druid, especially a D3 take on the class.

I didn't play Druid too extensively in Diablo 2, but I loved the concept and the lore. Even if it doesn't make it in D3, I'll still be looking forward to an appearance in HotS whenever that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

I could see them combining an assasin and a druid into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkte View Post
    I could see them combining an assasin and a druid into one.
    I...couldn't see that at all. Like, one is all about nature and the wild and spirits, all about ferocity and directness in combat assisted by the forces of nature, while the other is basically a ninja, relying on stealth, subterfuge, mechanical devices and traps, poisons, mentally manipulating and stunning foes...they're like 2 total opposites. Better to just let the druid stand on it's own, or maybe borrow some elements of the D2 barbarian(since, lorewise, the druids are an offshoot of the Arreat barbarians) that the D3 barb didn't use.

There's a lot of ways a D3 druid could go, you could have the shapeshifter focused druids, the elemental/ranged focused druids(and unlike in D2, you could probably make a viable druid who uses both the wind and fire spells, or a were druid who supplements his attacks with elemental abilities), and a more pet/summon focused druid, something that wasn't super viable in D2. Imagine a pack leader druid, who fights in the front as a werewolf, accompanied by a strong pack of wolves who actually did something more than serve as minor distractions, or the werebear who batters and mauls enemies and stuns them with shockwaves all while calling down the power of hurricanes or summoning up volcanoes beneath them...

Seeing that mage tower guardian druid skin makes me really want to see werebear druid again. Would love it if they added a shapeshift-oriented class to diablo 3.

Druid would be neat to see, although I suspect WD was the D3 spin on such an archetype. The ranger and (to a lesser extent) assassin archetypes are covered by DH.

Figure maybe a melee-oriented class would be next; maybe something along the lines of a dark knight/blackguard/etc.? Going with the whole "fight evil with another evil" trope, or maybe have a "they who watch the watchers" spin on it akin to dark knight in Final Fantasy 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Druid would be neat to see, although I suspect WD was the D3 spin on such an archetype. .
    WD was intended to be the D3 spin on the necromancer archetype, actually, then they went ahead and brought in the necromancer anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind if they go for druid or not... but I would really like the next class they add to be a shapeshifter of some kind. They can mess around with the style, change WHAT they shift into.

Needs to be a shifter of some kind though.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Druid or Assassin would be nice, and i'am guessing D4 won't be ready for release next year so chances or seeing either or both of them are pretty high.

Druid would be neat to see, although I suspect WD was the D3 spin on such an archetype. The ranger and (to a lesser extent) assassin archetypes are covered by DH.

Figure maybe a melee-oriented class would be next; maybe something along the lines of a dark knight/blackguard/etc.? Going with the whole "fight evil with another evil" trope, or maybe have a "they who watch the watchers" spin on it akin to dark knight in Final Fantasy 14.
    That's pretty much necromancer.

Druid would probably be the most interesting, an Amazon class could be interesting, but it was so ignored in D3, I don't know how well it would go over. I'd love to see them try a bard class - crowd control and mind control, spell class with all kinds of room for new looks and gear.

But, I'm not holding my breath. I think D3 is done. Let's be honest - they had the perfect opportunity to at the very least tease upcoming DLC content for D3 at Blizzcon, and they didn't mention it at all. I think that's a good sign there's nothing new coming for the game, and all their attention is on the new game being developed. I think they had about half of an expansion done, and they've released all they had for it by now. They had enough work done on the Necro to finish it up, and release it, and whatever they had as a second class wasn't developed enough to continue work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    That's pretty much necromancer.

Druid would probably be the most interesting, an Amazon class could be interesting, but it was so ignored in D3, I don't know how well it would go over. I'd love to see them try a bard class - crowd control and mind control, spell class with all kinds of room for new looks and gear.

But, I'm not holding my breath. I think D3 is done. Let's be honest - they had the perfect opportunity to at the very least tease upcoming DLC content for D3 at Blizzcon, and they didn't mention it at all. I think that's a good sign there's nothing new coming for the game, and all their attention is on the new game being developed. I think they had about half of an expansion done, and they've released all they had for it by now. They had enough work done on the Necro to finish it up, and release it, and whatever they had as a second class wasn't developed enough to continue work.
    On that note, I haven't purchased Necro, nor do I believe I will. Figured the "dark knight" archetype might be something interesting to see in the Diablo universe, but if it's already being covered gameplay wise, no point in it.

I also share the same notion that D3 is pretty much in maintenance mode at this point. Guess they figure simply throwing people a bone with a patch per season is enough. I would've loved to see some sort of Diablo-related news from Blizzcon this year.

On that note, I haven't purchased Necro, nor do I believe I will. Figured the "dark knight" archetype might be something interesting to see in the Diablo universe, but if it's already being covered gameplay wise, no point in it.

I also share the same notion that D3 is pretty much in maintenance mode at this point. Guess they figure simply throwing people a bone with a patch per season is enough. I would've loved to see some sort of Diablo-related news from Blizzcon this year.
    I purchased it and regret it not because necro is inherently bad but because i ended playing it for so short that it doesn't pay itself at all. I think necro was the last asset left for reuse/finishing from the scrapped second expansion, like all the zones/features we have seen over time added to the game - they tried to monetize it a little just to recover from the effort/resources spent. Also given D3 state now they tested how calss DLCs may be received for future projects (and honestly to me it doesn't look a bad idea to have the actual content free and only classes as DLC so you get everything upfront and choose if you want additional playstyles).

Anyway, we know that a new Diablo game is in the works. Blizzard isn't afraid to axe down products that are not on par with the titles running and that's just what happened with D3, only that they couldn't just stop supporting it because itìs Diablo and it's out. Project Titan was axed and completely remade into Overwatch for example. D3 itself went 2 times over a complete remake.

No Diablo news means they have nothing new to show. Also, we all remeber how D3 was hyped as hell and we ended with a game that doesn't stand up to its legacy with some stuff not even in game (like PvP arenas that everyone complain about but i honestly don't miss).

Blizzard is full aware of what works in D3 and what doesn't and how they must not repeat the same errors with the new game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I purchased it and regret it not because necro is inherently bad but because i ended playing it for so short that it doesn't pay itself at all.
    Sadly, I have to agree on this. I was REALLY excited for Necro, had build and gear and everything planned out... Didn't even last a season. Not because the Necro is bad or anything, they're fun and the Inarius set is a solid but it just didn't have the staying power for me.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree on this. I was REALLY excited for Necro, had build and gear and everything planned out... Didn't even last a season. Not because the Necro is bad or anything, they're fun and the Inarius set is a solid but it just didn't have the staying power for me.
    That's because it's not the classes, the combat flow, the graphics or the gameplay (well, it's a little the gameplay) but it's due to how little value there is to actually do anything in game. You can try all sets in a very short time, do decently high GRs and feel appealed with your character in a so short time.

An ideal new player would be pretty hooked by the game right now; just the hook will last a very short time.

I logged for s12 with a friend, had a couple of hours of play, i'm not even 70 yet and i have already abandoned the game.

I would be all about an Assasin, but only if I can have my Trapsin back from D2. I just built full stam and then put all points into lightning trap and drop trap and run away from enemies and bring them into your traps to watch them die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That's because it's not the classes, the combat flow, the graphics or the gameplay (well, it's a little the gameplay) but it's due to how little value there is to actually do anything in game. You can try all sets in a very short time, do decently high GRs and feel appealed with your character in a so short time.

An ideal new player would be pretty hooked by the game right now; just the hook will last a very short time.

I logged for s12 with a friend, had a couple of hours of play, i'm not even 70 yet and i have already abandoned the game.
    The problem is it takes about 2-3 hours played to ding 70 now, its hardly a challenge at all. and if you do it without boosts your still looking at 5-8 hours played max to get from 1-70. There is no challenge and you also get fully geared so quickly its hard to have anything to strive for.

- - - Updated - - -

I only play hardcore and have never lost a max level character, but don't really have any care if I do because I have enough gear to die 2-3 times and still be well off after releveling. There is no real feel of "Oh No I died, all that time lost and I will never be that powerful again".

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    The problem is it takes about 2-3 hours played to ding 70 now, its hardly a challenge at all. and if you do it without boosts your still looking at 5-8 hours played max to get from 1-70. There is no challenge and you also get fully geared so quickly its hard to have anything to strive for.

- - - Updated - - -

I only play hardcore and have never lost a max level character, but don't really have any care if I do because I have enough gear to die 2-3 times and still be well off after releveling. There is no real feel of "Oh No I died, all that time lost and I will never be that powerful again".
    And the problem is not even that. Challenging or not, everything falls down when you reach the endgame and you're done in a few hours, and the only thing left is to run the same procedurally generated dungeon over and over for a +1 version of your already owned item or a gem upgrade (like a crappy korean f2p mmo). You don't feel stronger at all, and you don't have any push to actually get stronger.

I'll bring an example: in Grim Dawn, endgame is more or less the same, you grind endgame roguelike dungeons for those elusive items, or Nemesis bosses for specific upgrades. However, the whole game flow is as different as it can be. You start with your character and at level 2 you are already presented with a major choice (first class) and it will have a simple but effective skill tree you can build in your way. Then at level 10 you are presented with a second class choice that simply makes that specific character unique. I could create another char, level it to 10, choose the same classes and build it differently from the first one - this because you won't have enough points to unlock all, but you need to choose what you really want to use.

Add on top of that the Devotion system that while being equal for every character again gives you an amount of points to spend on constellations that give you a variety of passive too boost you character or procs to tie to an ability of your choice making it even more powerful. You can use it to cover "holes" in your build or to enhance even more the strong feats.

Game has the old style "three difficulties" setup, and it may be possible that your build doesn't really behave well in Ultimate (but usually it's just because you didn't invest enough on physique/defense XD) but the point is that you're completely involved in build your character from minute 1 to the point you want to roll another.

Big distinction is also itemization. You may find game-changing uniques and sets, but they all boosts specific skills/damage types or entire classes (+X to skills), so independently from what you choose to use, you're going to search items that actually improve your own build.

D3 is the complete opposite. You get the class, the whole skillset is unlocked and fixed, you choose a set (thus a build) and play it until exhausted - and all happens in a very short time, especially if you know beforehand that the Y build is the strongest.

That's why D3 is in the current state. That's why D2 is still acclaimed. That's why PoE is considered the true Diablo successor (while leaning towards the hardcore side, you can really fail at the game if you build incorrectly). That's why GD and other games are more player retention.

That's why Blizzard has barebone support and is working full throttle on a new game, hopefully getting it right this time.