Page 90 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I have done the math, and my taxes will go up by $1800 in FY 2018 due to the repeal of the Child Care Tax Credit.

I really like how literally zero GOP tax plan supporters have addressed this point, even though I have made it dozens of times in this thread.
    /s
    Having kids is expensive, if you can't afford it you shouldn't have kids. You should have had money saved away for the inevitable child care costs. Like clothes, doctor visits, and such. That you didn't know the Republicans were going to mount and master you taxwise is your own fault. You should have planned ahead. Inherited enough money to pay for it. Personal responsibility.

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    /s Having kids is expensive, if you can't afford it you shouldn't have kids. /s
    And how do you legislate that into law?

/s
    Having kids is expensive, if you can't afford it you shouldn't have kids. You should have had money saved away for the inevitable child care costs. Like clothes, doctor visits, and such. That you didn't know the Republicans were going to mount and master you taxwise is your own fault. You should have planned ahead. Inherited enough money to pay for it. Personal responsibility.

/s
    Weird, that same logic can't be applied to business owners who rely on tax credits to operate. How is that any different?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And how do you legislate that into law?
    Sterilization of poor people, duh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Sterilization of poor people, duh!
    Do you have anything to add that might be realistic, rather than snark?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can argue that point of view and i see where you come from. However, if you are going to have the "your kid, your financial responsibility" attitude, then you can't, in good conscience, be opposed to birth control, abortion, responsible parenthood in general.

If you are going to withhold any financial help for parent, single or couple, at least you have to not bar the option to opt out of parenthood in case of accidental pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Do you have anything to add that might be realistic, rather than snark?
    There is no actual way to enforce it, and there should be no reason to. Don't get your panties in a wad.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    You can argue that point of view and i see where you come from. However, if you are going to have the "your kid, your financial responsibility" attitude, then you can't, in good conscience, be opposed to birth control, abortion, responsible parenthood in general.

If you are going to withhold any financial help for parent, single or couple, at least you have to not bar the option to opt out of parenthood in case of accidental pregnancy.
    People missed the /s sarcasm tag on my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

TBH, it's very hard to see, unless you quote it.

Did you miss Or long saying that same thing seriously a few posts up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you honestly think that having one parent completely absent from the childrearing process, with the other parent completely financially dependent on the working spouse, is a desirable arrangement?

Do you live in 1950 or something?
    Better than both parents absent because they put the kid in daycare from 7 am to 6 PM come home and eat dinner and then put them to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Better than both parents absent because they put the kid in daycare from 7 am to 6 PM come home and eat dinner and then put them to bed
    It not 7 to 6. 730 to 5 is the longest day. Usually a 8-3 and a 11-5 in there, as well as one day off during the week. Additionally, my kids aunt is a teacher, their Nana is the director, and we are friends with the teachers. They are being well cared for by people we (and they) know and trust, and they have an actual curriculum - far better education than what we are equipped to offer at home.

We are not absent by any means. Every week we each have a day off with the kids, in addition to a day off all together.

Furthermore, even if you want to discount the child care tax credit specifically because reasons, that isn't even the worst way this bill screws working families. The standard deduction was (nearly) doubled, but individual exemptions were removed. For a single person or a married couple with no kids, its a slight gain. Exemption is 4850 and the std ded is 6350, so a total of 11200. Std ded is changed to 12700, so it drops your AGI by 1500, reducing your total tax burden.

For a married couple with kids, you lose the exemptions for your kids, but you still get the same 12700 std ded. So instead of a net reduction in AGI of 1500, its a net gain in AGI of 3350 for the first child, plus a full 4850 for any additional children. So according to my 1040, I am taking home 8200 dollars more despite not seeing any raise. Combined with the rate reduction, I would save between 150-200 dollars in taxes, or about $3.50 more in each paycheck.

Then the Child Care Tax Credit repeal kicks in, and I lose out on a $2000 credit to my tax burden.

Its pretty easy to see how this tax plan is almost designed to take somebody in my position (married, 2 kids, 30s, slightly above national median household income, pretty much as Average Joe Middle Class Family Man as you can get) and screw me over as hard as humanly possible, while benefiting corporations and the wealthy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Pay for your own damn kids. Don't expect me to pay for them!!!
    Here's a fun trick.

Go find the current national yearly budget, and divide that by the population of taxpaying adults (Add companies and corporations if you really want to as well, but that won't bump up the number significantly).

Ok, done that?

Now, think about how much you pay in taxes, and realize how tiny it is compared to the national budget that's considered your "share".

You are getting far more out of the federal government than you are paying in (and I know you're not a billionaire), so people are actually paying for you. You keep screaming that "you" don't want to pay for other people, but that's kind of hilarious when you're not even paying for yourself.

So stop worrying about "paying for other people's stuff", because you're not even paying for your own, rofl.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2018-01-05 at 03:09 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    You had expectations that Orlong understood a subject that they spoke on?

Come on buddy.
    I have a policy of always responding max 1 even if it's a russian troll

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I have a policy of always responding max 1 even if it's a russian troll
    He works for the government, as some sort of low end IT person. His pay isn’t part of earnings by a corporation or even small business, his pay is 100% tax payer.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He works for the government, as some sort of low end IT person. His pay isn’t part of earnings by a corporation or even small business, his pay is 100% tax payer.
    Oh so he does what I do, but gets a cushy government job with appropriate pay, pension, and union protections, while I get to grovel at the feet of my corporate overlords for scraps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so he does what I do, but gets a cushy government job with appropriate pay, pension, and union protections, while I get to grovel at the feet of my corporate overlords for scraps.
    Pretty much. He'll also bitch and moan about the union and how terrible it is to have to pay dues but he's going on years now of telling us that there's no where else for him to go.

...while pushing the narrative that other people should just move and/or pick other jobs if they're not happy where they're at. It's the hypocrisy of a well-known character created strictly for this forum, and should never be taken seriously....ever!
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post

You are getting far more out of the federal government than you are paying in (and I know you're not a billionaire), so people are actually paying for you.
    Yeah we know who those people are, but darn it, they're just not paying enough. They should be paying more. Or so the logic goes with some.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yeah we know who those people are, but darn it, they're just not paying enough. They should be paying more. Or so the logic goes with some.
    Yes, they should. Like back in the "good old days" of the mid 1900's.

Numbers are out

MAGA JOB CREATIONS...

OOPS, Trump fail.

2016 Jan-Dec Jobs created = 2.24m
    2017 Jan- Dec Jobs created = 2.05m

9.3% lower then Obama last year.

So wait, i though he was MAGA? Thought all his PRO business rules were going to create more jobs? Tax breaks more jobs? Less regulations more jobs?

So what happened???

U.S. employers added 148,000 jobs in December
    average job gains have slowed to 171,000 this year

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    OMG the nasty Tax cutts are the Apocalypse . run, hide. the end is near...

the same those evil companys.. Even More US Businesses Awarding Bonuses, Raising Wages, Expanding Due to Tax Reform

the law will also reduce taxes for 80 percent of all US taxpayers, including 91 percent of the middle class. If any of this surprises you, you've been taken in by the Left's hyperbolic propaganda machine, which was operating in overdrive in a failed effort to kill the bill.

Remember those business awarding bonuses, expanding...creating all those jobs.
    well one of them was comcast.....remember? right?

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...-20180104.html

Comcast fired 500 employees right before the holidays while simultaneously claiming its new tax cut would help boost employment.

100 million in bonuses.....40 million saved by laying off 500+.

lol trickling all over 500 people during christmas! MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he said he makes 60k after working there for several years, when saying Trump tax cut helps him... His pension seems good though...

My corporate overlords are pretty cool. Middle management is what I’m not really sure about...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi