Thread: New Hero: Moira

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, now we know what happened to Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    the real question is...

what's her golden weapon.... golden nails?
    probably the backpack she has on and maybe the mechanical stuff on her hands? I feel like it's gonna end up like zenyatta; can barely see golden orbs in 1st person, but 3rd person it looks cool.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

watching her skill set. I think she might actually be a bit underwhelming unless tuned right.

Her left click healing is kind of average and has a timer resource element. And her right click attack beam is so long ranged it will never be as serious a threat as wintons or symm's beams.

And her ball needs walls to bounce which isnt always the case in maps

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    watching her skill set. I think she might actually be a bit underwhelming unless tuned right.

Her left click healing is kind of average and has a timer resource element. And her right click attack beam is so long ranged it will never be as serious a threat as wintons or symm's beams.

And her ball needs walls to bounce which isnt always the case in maps
    Her damage shouldn't ever be as serious of a threat as Winston's, or Sym's. She's a healer primarily. The left click is suppose to heal multiple allies at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Her damage shouldn't ever be as serious of a threat as Winston's, or Sym's. She's a healer primarily. The left click is suppose to heal multiple allies at once.
    I didnt say she SHOULD do more damage than them but if her healing does less than mercy and her damage does less than anyone. Why would you pick her?

Hope your team walks around in a stacked ball shape so you can heal em?

I didnt say she SHOULD do more damage than them but if her healing does less than mercy and her damage does less than anyone. Why would you pick her?

Hope your team walks around in a stacked ball shape so you can heal em?
    Why do people pick Zenyatta despite his healing being the least?

And her normal heal should also pierce allies if they're stacked and heal them all. So throw an orb, drain, and then do your normal heal.

She's more akin to a Lucio/Mercy hybrid in terms of healing.

Why do people pick Zenyatta despite his healing being the least?

And her normal heal should also pierce allies if they're stacked and heal them all. So throw an orb, drain, and then do your normal heal.

She's more akin to a Lucio/Mercy hybrid in terms of healing.
    Because of his damage buff? And he has a great ult

Lucio provides permanent healing/speed boosts and has one of the best ults in the game that benefits everyone not a stationary damaging beam that screams "headshot me plz"
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-11-04 at 06:02 PM.

Because of his damage buff? And he has a great ult

Lucio provides permanent healing/speed boosts and has one of the best ults in the game that benefits everyone not a stationary damaging beam that screams "headshot me plz"
    And Moira has just as ridiculous of an ult, if not MORE so. Did you notice the video shows it outhealing a rocket barrage? And, it can deal damage at the same time, while penetrating barriers. It's far more versatile of an ult overall, the only issue is it leaves her exposed, but she also has a way to quickly travel to safer location, and that doesn't even take into effect that she could easily hide behind a barrier from snipers.

And Moira has just as ridiculous of an ult, if not MORE so. Did you notice the video shows it outhealing a rocket barrage? And, it can deal damage at the same time, while penetrating barriers. It's far more versatile of an ult overall, the only issue is it leaves her exposed, but she also has a way to quickly travel to safer location, and that doesn't even take into effect that she could easily hide behind a barrier from snipers.
    Yeah thats what I mean by the tuning of her. She might have a mega team destroying ult on her hands which has a lot of potential, but I feel like that could make her the priority kill along with mercy and shes stationary using it, so its gonna require some GG positioning or protection from team mates otherwise those tracers/reaper dives are gonna make your life hell and theres no way you can kill them without team mates.

Have to wait and see. Just watching her gameplay. The size of her spells makes me worried. If her heal is weak she's a wasted slot.

Yeah thats what I mean by the tuning of her. She might have a mega team destroying ult on her hands which has a lot of potential, but I feel like that could make her the priority kill along with mercy and shes stationary using it, so its gonna require some GG positioning or protection from team mates otherwise those tracers/reaper dives are gonna make your life hell and theres no way you can kill them without team mates.

Have to wait and see. Just watching her gameplay. The size of her spells makes me worried. If her heal is weak she's a wasted slot.
    I think her heal would end up somewhere slightly under Mercy's output honestly, if its suppose to splash heal. Otherwise, she'd just flat out replace Mercy.

That weeb run is such an eyesore to me

I think her heal would end up somewhere slightly under Mercy's output honestly, if its suppose to splash heal. Otherwise, she'd just flat out replace Mercy.
    Yeah i think it will be under mercy also.

Shes a hybrid. I just worry if her damage sucks and her healing sucks. Are you not better to take a stronger healer or damage dealer instead of doing two roles badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Her balls aren't buffs/debuffs. They are outright attacks.
    Inc jokes about how they can't wait to be assaulted by Moira's balls.

Glad to see Blizzard is finally giving transvestites some representation

I have to say she looks awesome. A perfect mix of Mercy, Symmetra and Zen. Only she can actually flank.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Inc jokes about how they can't wait to be assaulted by Moira's balls.
    Zenyatta is the TRUE master of hitting people in the face with his balls, it's especially effective if they are golden and using the Christmas skin
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    It's pretty much a symmetra that can heal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    what the fuck is wrong with her nails.

and damn that 80s skin is ugly.
    70's and it's amazing. It's also a hidden reference to Bowie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought she looked like Ziggy era Bowie. <3 Bowie.

She was pretty fun to play, but difficult (although part of that was not having my custom keybinds/setup). I think she will definitely be the kind of healer that separates the average players from the good ones.

Has anyone seen anything anywhere that gives a rough release eta for her? Blizzworld map is next year but what about her? It's hard to image they didn't even say "we don't know yet" on her.

She currently heals for more than Mercy, but even if she goes live that way I don't think that will be true. In fact, I think the opposite will be true.

People don't pick Mercy for her burst healing output alone (if that was all that mattered - people would pick Ana!). They also pick her for her rez, her damage boost, etc. Mercy can also fly/float, her heals have longer range, and she can duck in and out on LoS while maintaining HPS. She can also heal indefinitely and never "run out" of healing power as long as she's alive and with the target. Finally, I think she's also easier to pick up for new players, giving her broader appeal.

Moira's heals are just a super soaker of healing. It's a lot of HPS, but she can only do it in bursts, she needs to be in direct LoS, and she doesn't have the other unique utility of Mercy. I feel like if she healed for less than Mercy in addition to those shortcomings, there wouldn't be much reason to pick her over the alternatives.

(But this is also a game where you usually pick two healers anyway so maybe the whole "X vs Y" discussion is misplaced to begin with since people can pick X and Y.)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    She currently heals for more than Mercy, but even if she goes live that way I don't think that will be true. In fact, I think the opposite will be true.

People don't pick Mercy for her burst healing output alone (if that was all that mattered - people would pick Ana!). They also pick her for her rez, her damage boost, etc. Mercy can also fly/float, her heals have longer range, and she can duck in and out on LoS while maintaining HPS. She can also heal indefinitely and never "run out" of healing power as long as she's alive and with the target. Finally, I think she's also easier to pick up for new players, giving her broader appeal.

Moira's heals are just a super soaker of healing. It's a lot of HPS, but she can only do it in bursts, she needs to be in direct LoS, and she doesn't have the other unique utility of Mercy. I feel like if she healed for less than Mercy in addition to those shortcomings, there wouldn't be much reason to pick her over the alternatives.

(But this is also a game where you usually pick two healers anyway so maybe the whole "X vs Y" discussion is misplaced to begin with since people can pick X and Y.)
    Well, Ana is screwed over by LoS/barriers, so I'm not quite sure how true that is to say people would just pick Ana since she's hard countered by barriers pretty much.

And I just mean after how much they seem to want to nerf Mercy. Her current rez nerf is probably on par with the Ana nerfs in my opinion, especially with dive still being around.