Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They found a lot of ways, not to have to do as much work as usual. Which is fine, i'll still play I guess.

the conflict between the Horde and Alliance has always been the weakest, least interesting part of the lore.

Now they're doing a whole expansion based exclusively on it.

Meh.

Might be the first expansion I just don't bother with at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    So the 'feature' list is, basically:

Randomized scenarios
    Players vs AI raids
    A (very) few subraces, which players will have to pay to switch established characters to.

That's really not much of an expansion. IMO.
    Yep, every major feature just feels like a low effort reskin/rename of existing features.. Subraces just recolors of old races basically, artifact necklace is just artifacts without all the cool custom weapon art, "islands" are new scenarios (same thing as the broken isles legion invasion scenarios from the sound of it). Warfronts.. new world pvp zone ala Tol Borad.... never trust blizzard to make those good. Nothing feels actually new in terms of gameplay. Filler expansion is filler.
    Last edited by darkest4; 2017-11-03 at 11:24 PM.

i could understand the new expac IF Andouin wanted revenge for the betrayal of his father on the broken Isles - other than that - no idea why they'd go back to basic horde v alliance

Deleted
    One of the most underwhelming announcements to memory. After Legion, we are back to WoD standards. Absurd and forced plot, dramatic lack of innovative features, lots of smoke and mirrors but not much substance.

At a moment were the game was back on its feet after the WoD debacle, they needed to decisively push on innovating and improving core aspects of the game, instead they come out with this "meh" expansion. Sub-races, which could have been at least a decisive innovation, deliver much less than expected and are obviously gated beyond some grind. No thanks.

I am afraid this time I might just skip this entirely...

I bet it will be a good expansion ! I would like to play in classic servers too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    But now I find out that the damn Undercity
    Well... bad news. They just announced that UC is in ruins. So its official

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Well... bad news. They just announced that UC is in ruins. So its official
    WTF.... destroying Teldrassil and Undercity... -.- Should have been OG and Stormwind.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE. What the bloody hell ... we spend a whole expansion pretty much ignoring the faction angst, banding together to vanquish a long time threat ... and then go straight back to the faction angst.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    what a whole lot of nothing

That picture of Thrall holding up Vol'jins urn while all the heroes are waving their legendary weapons is hilarious.

Deleted
    After reading through all of the infomation, my first thoughts:

1.The new zones, maps looks beautiful, interesting, and finally not a green or red or purple color theme!

2.Allied races are cool, but with the planned implementation its a letdown for me.
    They are not races, they are subraces. Different skin/eye colors, horns, etc. Only 3/faction. Thats not enough, plus it probably means, that goblin/worgen rework wil not make it this expansion. (they badly need it)

3.PvP alli vs horde theme.... i hate it.
    I know we need some "filler" expansion beetween 2 god kills, but cmon this is so outdated...
    I really wanted cooperative parties instead, joint forces, after fighting side by side for so long.
    I red warfronts are vs ai forces, but if im somehow forced to pvp im for sure as hell out of the game.
    Im too old for being ganked or try to gank, those times are over for me. Wont touch pvp in WoW ever again, there are other great games for that.

4.Cinematic was amazing! I wish we could see CG movies from blizzard stories, even if not that good quality! (the theme still doesnt make sense)

10+ Year Old Account
    yay for new content, but damn that transition from legion to this just seems out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    It's just a rehash of Theramore got nuked while Ogrimar was sieged.

You may have forgotten, but I remember:
    Worgen starting quest storyline
    Robo Kitty

The whole mess that was Cataclysm and MoP. I think I will take my money elsewhere. Not to mention horde racial advantage which was only offset by mid expansion change of the human racial - only one race in alliance had an advantage over horde. Then it got nerfed. As it is right now, horde racials are so much better than alliance racials, any PvP focused expansion is going to be a horrible experience for anyone who picked the wrong faction at the character selection screen.
    A rehash? lol? Good god you people just want to bitch at something, don't you? Fuck these forums

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol what's with that pussy ass world PVP changes? No more pvp servers? LOL. Good thing I don't play anymore. Cutscene was great and zones look decent, but otherwise, meh, nothing new (races are cosmetics IMHO).

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    WTF.... destroying Teldrassil and Undercity... -.- Should have been OG and Stormwind.
    They are capital cities on what are now the opposing faction's continent. If we are going with a war theme, there is no way that the Alliance can tolerate the existence of UC or Silvermoon, with the same for Darnassus and Exodar with the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOOOOOOOO! No more fel! I never want to see fel green ever again!

Am I the only one hyped up a little by that artwork of Azhara at the bottom?
    Last edited by guyinachair; 2017-11-04 at 05:21 AM.

So, where will Night Elves start now? Darkshore? New isle that the fog of war was hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    World of WAR-craft why do you want peace?
    World of war-CRAFT but the crafting system is terrible!!!

From a lore perspective it does seem like a massive step back. We go from galactic conquest to kicking each other in the head again? From a player perspective i like it. I don't want to be head of anything or the focal point of my faction. I hope we go back to being just highly capable agents for our faction leader and not the supreme commander of our armies.