Thread: RIP World PvP

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

RIP World PvP

Born: 2004
    Died: 2018

LoL

all servers are now carebear

Anyways....We don't know exactly what Blizz is gonna do. Personally I hope they abandon the idea of consensual PvP on PVP SERVERS, but keep the reward aspect.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2017-11-03 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    You get stuff now from participating in wpvp

funny .. for me it sounded like:
    "you want the fastest rogression and the maxium amount of rewards - well you HAVE to wPVP now"
    god damn you blizzard

actually i play on a carebear server (friends moved for raiding reasons) now that PvP can give rewards, i can be flagged and hopefully get in a fight for once as long as the rewards are actually worth it

It died a long time ago. Ganking lowbies isn't "PvP".

RIP random higher level gank squads camping level 60s*

Meaningful PvP happens in Arenas/RBGs. Feed your fragile ego there :P
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Literally the opposite of improving wpvp?? Where is the logic

world pvp has always been garbage in wow with little to no risk vs reward. who cares.

15+ Year Old Account
    wpvp hasn't been anything but ganking since about LK, so who cares.

I don't see an issue if the incentives they claim are decent enough.

They kind of have to make people want to opt in though. So they can't just award a fancy piece of gear or something.

Deleted
    are you joking, once legacy servers come out world pvp will be a huge thing again, it just naturally occurs and doesnt feel forced.

Finally step in right direction. Should have done it years ago.

you mean except people who want to pvp will meet each other now?

how can you counter that argument?

7+ Year Old Account
    If you opt out of wpvp, you wont be with the pvp flagged people. If you opt in to wpvp, you'll be playing with and against other players that are pvp flagged! This is an improvement, stop crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are actually doing this right, sorry that ganksquads wont happen anymore. Letting us opt-in and out at will is awesome. If i want to level and earn more rewards as pvp great, but if my wife wants to quest together and not worry about getting destroyed all the time, we can still do that without playing on a different server. How about you exaggerate a bit more.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I can't really see this working as presented. Either PvP will be deemed worthless and everyone will turn it off, or the rewards will be so good that people will feel "forced" to turn it on. This feels more like a lever for them to ramp World PvP participation or shut it down and blame it on player choice.

Except for one or two servers, all other PVP servers now are overwhelmingly lopsided towards one faction, and there's barely World PVP going on in them. You say "Connected Realms" but they have not helped at all.

So something had to be done.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

/laps up the ganker tears