Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Better level the characters you want before 7.3.5.

From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.

this is the exact opposite of what you should do if you enjoy playing this game

Deleted
    Actually its a good feature. I plan to renew my sub, when it hits. I fucking hate leveling all my alts in dungeons.

I always wanted to try out new old zones, but you usually outlevel in few dungeons.

This is the moment when you lost the point of playing the game.

Level scaling is going to enable the full enjoyment of areas, again, where you will be able to finish the area and live all the story of what you are doing.

I haven't played for 3 months now, and level scaling alone is teasing me to come back, just to level up a character.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.
    What the fuck? Unless you're doing some kind of weird power-leveling bullshit, this is completely stupid and wrong as a suggestion.

It's not going "take fucking forever", you literally have that on it's head. You may not one-shot mobs as reliably, but they'll give more consistent XP, as will quests, as will dungeons. It will be considerably more pleasant and less fiddly with less bullshit travel times needed because you will actually be able to finish zones and so on. If you have an actual explanation for why you think otherwise, not this emo "it feels" stuff, please tell us.

Deleted
    Why is killing stuff in 7.3.5 slower? Surely the itemlevel / stat squish won't be live yet mid-expansion, so what gives?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually putting leveling on hold until 7.3.5 drops. I'm looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Why is killing stuff in 7.3.5 slower? Surely the itemlevel / stat squish won't be live yet mid-expansion, so what gives?
    They said they'd implement the level changes, such as the old world scaling, and decreasing the amount of xp you get per quest so you don't level too fast

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he's talking nonsense.

Scaling will just mean that, if you're say, L57 in a Classic zone, the mobs will be L57, instead I dunno, L54-58. Same for dungeons. Same for quests - so instead of a bunch of quests going Green-as-fuck because you did a dungeon and leveled a couple of times, they'll still be exactly the right level.

As anyone who actually plays the game knows, an equal-level mob is likely being 1-3 shot in Heirlooms, and it still will be. Even if, SOMEHOW they also scale the mobs to have more HP or whatever (unlikely), they'll be like, 2-4 shot in Heirlooms - oh big difference, I'll quit leveling now!

After stat squish it might be different like you say, but that's not until expansion pre-patch which sure is fuck isn't 7.3.5 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They said they'd implement the level changes, such as the old world scaling, and decreasing the amount of xp you get per quest so you don't level too fast
    Source or you're making it up. I've not seen a single interview where a dev said that.

Deleted
    I mean it will be the same except you won't have to switch zones after every fifth quest.
    Also you can just straight up skip Outland which is an awesome bonus.

- - - Updated - - -

And even if it will be, with heirlooms you could murder mobs that are higher level than you by the dozens. No it will be even easier. And you can stay in whatever zone you like instead of hopping around like a maniac.

The change allows you to level different alts in different regions, so you can see the whole picture of quests/Lore the world has to offer. It's like Legion's Class Hall Campaign, you want to see the full picture? Play all classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    After leveling 13 some odd characters since classic, this new change will not slow anything down, but rather streamline it.

Outland sucks for leveling. Traveling around classic (prior to the heirloom flight path maps) sucks for leveling. Now, you can just go zone to zone in a steady progression, which really does speed things up, if you're looking to max level asap.

Classic to Northrend to Pandaria would be the quickest, since Cataclysm leveling is ass too.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

Some people just want to relax and enjoy leveling instead trying to do it the fastest as possible.
    There is an old saying : "The happiness is in the way, not the destination"

These changes in 7.3.5 will make leveling great again, it will be perfect to level a new character.
    (For me, this will be a Night Elf Druid )

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Actually, Ion did state that they're not changing the mobs, it's just scaling to provide more experience and make it so you don't have to run from zone to zone, remember that with looms you still own mobs that are 10 levels above you. So you'll still one shot them.

A lvl 50 mob will still have the same stats as a scaled lvl 50 mob.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno about you, but i play for the max level content and the shorter the lvling process is - the better.

Then again, I don't take pleasure questing in general but people saying that you've lost your touch to the game if you dont want it to take longer is nonsense. Saying this as someone with capped amount of chars on my account and connected server filled with 110s. (made me scared when the allied races was mentioned but no mention of a character slot increase. thank god for that.)

Deleted
    I am holding off with all leveling. I am so looking forward to do it. Looord it is exciting to actually finish a zone. Redrig mountains is awesome for questiong, cata did some amazing quest zones. I dont care how slow it is. It probaly be fast anyway, maybe slightly slower, but wit hthat argument, it could be faster, as quest now always will scale to your level, no longer queen quests when you leveled up 2 times in the same zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    This is the moment when you lost the point of playing the game.

Level scaling is going to enable the full enjoyment of areas, again, where you will be able to finish the area and live all the story of what you are doing.

I haven't played for 3 months now, and level scaling alone is teasing me to come back, just to level up a character.
    You want to level up so that the mobs around you can become more powerful? Not sure why anyone is excited about this feature. Why not just get rid of levels all together.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    I dunno about you, but i play for the max level content and the shorter the lvling process is - the better.
    So explain why this system will make it slower, not faster, why don't you?

This appears to be a win/win. It should be faster, because content/mobs/quests/dungeons won't just "go grey" or "go green". It should be more fun, because we'll actually be able to finish stories, do the dungeons we WANT to do, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You want to level up so that the mobs around you can become more powerful? Not sure why anyone is excited about this feature. Why not just get rid of levels all together.
    So your Legion characters are all still 100 I take it? Because you didn't want to level up, as it would make the mobs scale?

If the mobs are harder, you’ll get more XP. If you’re rolling through everything like you do currently, you’re probably killing green mobs and completing green quests. Now things will be the correct level and you’ll get full XP for them. I imagine it will balance out. Also, and I actually don’t like the next change, you’ll get to pick which expansion you want to do. Run BC or WotLK. Either one may take you up to 20 levels. That way you don’t have to replay every single expansion if you’re just power leveling.

What's the problem? Just boost your new chars