Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I honestly don't know what to think about this (and it seems surprising that you all seem to). I can quite clearly see a reason for minor balancing, like giving paladins taunt. But I do also see why these kinds of small changes could lead us into a world that no one wants.

Deleted
    No.

Bears are capable of tanking, for real. Boomkins and Cats, when they are equipped, they hit the same as good hunters for example, so, druid is capable (better healing, of course) of doing the 4 things. Shamans to, specially in PVP, are amazing dps class. Paladins it's true that they are kinda..gñe, but retry palis where cool to have cause of the buffs they give, so u can have 1 easy on your raid team. Warriors where great DP's PVE class in 1.8.1 patch, fury was a beast dps, like, level rogue and mage EASY, and arms was a great PVP spec, they can charge you and kill u easy in 2 hits. Hunters, marksmanship was better but u can play beast and survival and not be so behind in dps if u know what u do.

U have also to understand, now we know MUCH MORE from the game, so now we can be other classes and not be some far behind, for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I hope not, so people will see how shitty the class design was.

You wanted it, so here you have it.

Can't wait for the whine threads.
    I've never really understood why people keep saying this. The "you don't know how bad it was, enjoy your wake up call", like the majority who are excited for classic servers haven't already played extensively on private vanilla servers and know exactly what they're asking for.

Personally I really hope they won't change too much. Because then what would be the point?

The only changes I think they should make would be like making Curse of Elements include nature to make shamans more viable as elemental, Maybe adjust regen stats for shamans and druids for moonkin and shaman not any damage changes though, Or make it possible for druid to hit the defense cap. These small changes open up 4 specs to play with more utility in raids, and don't heavily effect pvp (except cats may be harder to crit), Being that I was always horde I don't know about paladins but making their prot spec work better might be really cool.

I hope they do, most classes were awful back than, players are already jaded, If they don't make anything we'll just have servers overpopulated with rogues and warriors because the rest is pretty much garbo.

Deleted
    That's not true. Warlocks are AMAZING DPS class if u know what to do, mage to, Paladins and Shamans are AMAZING factors healing in to the raids, same as druids.

Even if they are like 30% rogues, 30% warriors, good luck those dudes going to raids and not getting shit on loot cause they are 10 rogues on the same raid, or 10 warriors.

Deleted
    i am one of those that are going to say they should but NOT on a big scale, perhaps 1 or 2 spells on some classes. Things that can literally 1 shoot you in pvp could see a small nerf imo, otherwise there will just be class stacking in pvp and raids again.

But if they don't i don't mind, i will enjoy it anyways

No, they just should recreate the Vanilla experience. And of course, they could make feral more tanky and give em better threat generation. Would fix the lack of tank problem. But then, they also have to include Raid Gear for Ferals. I don't think, that they want to do any effort for things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacRR View Post
    That's not true. Warlocks are AMAZING DPS class if u know what to do, mage to, Paladins and Shamans are AMAZING factors healing in to the raids, same as druids.

Even if they are like 30% rogues, 30% warriors, good luck those dudes going to raids and not getting shit on loot cause they are 10 rogues on the same raid, or 10 warriors.
    Rogue and Warrior were convenient, OP and well designed, warlocks could do good dps but they were not convenient. I feel there'll be a huge class disparity that didn't happen in vanilla because players just didn't know better at the time.

Deleted
    Exactly. Probably are more rogue and mage in dps, sure, but we are gonna see a lot of different stuff, i'm sure that in zul'gurub i'm gonna see boomkins, cause they where good at that stage time. We are gonna see locks on MC cause more locks on Garr it's more success.

And in PVP u can use anything u want, any class, that was great in vanilla.

If they do, the servers will be empty.

Exactly. Probably are more rogue and mage in dps, sure, but we are gonna see a lot of different stuff, i'm sure that in zul'gurub i'm gonna see boomkins, cause they where good at that stage time. We are gonna see locks on MC cause more locks on Garr it's more success.

And in PVP u can use anything u want, any class, that was great in vanilla.
    Boonkins didn't exist they're BC.

Deleted
    Not true, i saw boomkins in Zul'Gurub back in the day. Maybe not in AQ and Naxx, but Zul'Gurub, AQ20, MC at the time? I saw it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    People claim they want a real vanilla experience, then go have it.

NO BALANCING.
    This is the most stupid thing that anti-vanilla people keep throwing in _every single vanilla thread_. If the most loud pro-vanilla players don't want any changes it doesn't mean everyone agrees with them. I'm honestly having some difficulties understanding why some people are so mad over Vanilla announcement anyway, hurts being wrong or what? At worst they'll spend some resources on Vanilla and we lose some shitty content on live, and at best they'll learn something with the process of making Vanilla and apply that to live. And this is coming from someone who will play live a lot more than vanilla.

On topic, I don't care if they change it or not because I know I will get bored in a few months. But I'm guessing they won't balance classes, since that would really break the feeling of original Vanilla. Probably will hurt the game a bit, because people are more demanding about how one should perform in raids and gaming community is a lot more competitive now; someone won't raid with a retri paladin just because it's fun, if you'll end up doing 50 % lower damage than your friends. I believe that achieving things in games > the feeling you get from games nowadays, the endless fotm-rolling tells enough.
    Last edited by mmocddaf3ba36b; 2017-11-05 at 10:51 PM.

Is 8 slot debuff limit really needed? It made most specs useless if they couldn't use anything other than hardcasts. 3 slots go to warrior tanks (sunder, thunderclap and demo shout), 2 to only raid semi-shadowpriest (lucky sod who was allowed to spec 20 points in shadow for shadow weaving), 1 to curse of elements and judgement of wisdom. Even if we go to 16 debuff slots, it's still limiting (and as a former vanilla raid leader it was a huge hassle to assign allotted slots to select dps). If some idiot overrode your demo shout by mistake, tank would be instagibbed.

What about improved pet AI from BC (only markmanship hunters were allowed because pets were terrible thus eliminating BM, and Survival was less than useless in PvE). Or taunt being spell and basically screwing over the raid 5% of the time when missed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistface View Post
    This is the most stupid thing that anti-vanilla people keep throwing in _every single vanilla thread_. If the most loud pro-vanilla players don't want any changes it doesn't mean everyone agrees with them. I'm honestly having some difficulties understanding why some people are so mad over Vanilla announcement anyway, hurts being wrong or what? At worst they'll spend some resources on Vanilla and we lose some shitty content on live, and at best they'll learn something with the process of making Vanilla and apply that to live. And this is coming from someone who will play live a lot more than vanilla.
    It's just a joke.. dont be so serious.

Deleted
    I voted yes. The reason for playing on a classic server isn't to relive the experience, and only the experience, of playing the game precisely as it was 13 years ago. Rather, it's in recognizing that a certain combination of rule sets and mechanics helps create a different gameplay experience that is more rewarding and fosters more social interaction in the game, such as it was during classic. Isn't this after all the argument we use in support of classic servers? That it isn't just nostalgia or rose colored glasses? Only a nostalgic person would want classic servers to be an exact 1:1 copy of the game as it was in patch 1.x. They are unwilling to analyze what exactly made the game more enjoyable, what rules and mechanics helped to make it into the experience that we know and blindly stick to the version that best suits their preferences, failing to recognize that preferring any patch version over another is already admitting that changes can be for the better. After all, the person opting for the game as it was in 1.12 is already committed to the QoL changes that came with that patch.

And if change can be for the better, we should carefully look and consider whether certain mechanics do in fact help to make the game into what we want it to be. This, and only this, should serve as the sole criterium on deciding what changes need to be made. If I ask myself whether useless class specializations, mind-numbingly boring dps rotations and trivial boss mechanics add anything to the game in terms of making it more rewarding, fostering better social interaction, making the world feel alive and cohesive, I would answer "no" to all of those, and they are thus subject to change.

Additionally, it is important to note that mechanics can be changed without altering the overal project of the classic experience. Say we changed the Retribution rotation into something that isn't mostly auto-attacking. If anyone is going to argue that a change like this will unalterably change the game, then let them demonstrate it. If it takes 12 seconds to kill a mob with the auto attack rotation, and 12 seconds to kill the same mob with the new rotation, then what would we lose by implementing the latter? Too many see changes as something that only takes away from the experience, but this is too pessimistic. Changes should be seen as additive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Because I know how development teams work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    And even if all the "classic" team are new hires, those people could be hired on BfA instead and turn it into a slightly lesser pile of turd than it currently looks.
    It's pretty clear you have no idea at all about how dev teams work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    It's pretty clear you have no idea at all about how dev teams work.
    Well then, humor me? Or perhaps you think that because I'm assuming different hypotheses in different paragraphs means I have no idea. Well, no, it's called analysing all the possibilities.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Not true, i saw boomkins in Zul'Gurub back in the day. Maybe not in AQ and Naxx, but Zul'Gurub, AQ20, MC at the time? I saw it.
    Probably prepatch for BC