Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is more of a general question. Should we just stack the best azerite traits three times or go for a mix?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    This is more of a general question. Should we just stack the best azerite traits three times or go for a mix?
    Depends on your content. In dungeons if you want to demolish trash, 3 applications of Seismic Wave stacks and will outmuscle everything else by a country mile. It is my second source of damage after Deep Wounds in every dungeon.

On sustained ST, Test of Might is very powerful and can be stacked so you end the CS window with so much strength you almost do as much damage as if you never left it. Seismic Wave is also good on ST and also stacks. Lord of War is a good trait but the rage component does not stack as far as I'm aware, only the damage. So having 3x Test of Might is workable, 2x with 1x Lord of War is good also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Depends on your content. In dungeons if you want to demolish trash, 3 applications of Seismic Wave stacks and will outmuscle everything else by a country mile. It is my second source of damage after Deep Wounds in every dungeon.

On sustained ST, Test of Might is very powerful and can be stacked so you end the CS window with so much strength you almost do as much damage as if you never left it. Seismic Wave is also good on ST and also stacks. Lord of War is a good trait but the rage component does not stack as far as I'm aware, only the damage. So having 3x Test of Might is workable, 2x with 1x Lord of War is good also.
    Well stated, fully agreed. I'm playing with 2x Seismic Wave and 1x Test of Might currently.

Deleted
    Hi I have a question how poznam azerite traits in the gear I can stack?

What is the correct opener? Keep hearing and seeing different. There isn’t one on any guides

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    What is the correct opener? Keep hearing and seeing different. There isn’t one on any guides
    Depends what talents you run.

Typically, Charge + Avatar mid charge > Warbreaker > Mortal Strike (because deep wounds), then follow the priority as per your favourite guide. Of course depending on fight length/situation you might want to keep Avatar for the execute phase, or adds phase in a fight. If you're on AOE then you want to Avatar before CS and then Bladestorm. If cleave (situation not the talent) you want sweeping strikes before you Warbreaker, don't use SS with Bladestorm.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-08-25 at 01:04 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If cleave (situation not the talent) you want sweeping strikes before you Warbreaker.
    To squeeze one more GCD into CS window?
    Assuming FoB talented, doesn't that also mean one less GCD into SS window?

I didin't do any math but I always use SS after warbreaker to use as many Overpower as I can during SS.

For those who aren't sure how Seismic Wave currently works with Sweeping Strikes and why it's so strong, if your Overpower hits 2 targets via SS then you get a separate Seismic Wave for both of those Overpower hits, currently that means even though Seismic Wave is a frontal cone AOE (shouldn't benefit from Sweeping Strikes) it's currently benefitting and you're getting 2 separate Seismic Waves from 1 cast.

If anything this is what Blizzard will fix if they decide to nerf Seismic Wave. Edit 2 : - Guess not, Blizzard decided to nerf the damage heavily instead of fixing the sweeping.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    To squeeze one more GCD into CS window?
    Assuming FoB talented, doesn't that also mean one less GCD into SS window?

I didin't do any math but I always use SS after warbreaker to use as many Overpower as I can during SS.
    I won't speak about FOB because I've been running Massacre and I have little real world play experience with FOB beyond hitting dummies, one dungeon was enough to switch back to Massacre and forget it (at least for now).

CS vs SS (GCD order) depends on circumstances but I've generally SS first because you can do it while charging and combine it with having the full duration on CS (as apposed to having to charge in, then Warbreaker, then SS and then start dpsing). But it's true that if you have it available one more Seismic Wave with SS will beat CS outright, SS is simply stronger in every way (regardless of what spell you cast since it's 75% vs 30% and SS also applies deep wounds).

if you don't have Warbreaker talented you have to use SS first to sweep CS to the next target. Warbreaker is obviously just a pure AOE and doesn't even need a target to be cast. With Anger Management the cooldown on Warbreaker is give or take 30 seconds so it does line up pretty much perfectly with SS which ever way you do the order.

If you're committing everything to the pull on AOE then it would look like this. Charge + Avatar > Warbreaker > Bladestorm > Sweeping Strikes > Overpower + Seismic Wave rotation, maintaining bleeds on multiple targets with MS + Sudden Death procs (or targets below 35%).

Edit : Reworded to make it clearer and to further clarify my previous post (rather than aiming it at you specifically). TL;DR order is situational but yeah SS > CS in terms of value for 1GCD
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-08-25 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Depends what talents you run.

Typically, Charge + Avatar mid charge > Warbreaker > Mortal Strike (because deep wounds), then follow the priority as per your favourite guide. Of course depending on fight length/situation you might want to keep Avatar for the execute phase, or adds phase in a fight. If you're on AOE then you want to Avatar before CS and then Bladestorm. If cleave (situation not the talent) you want sweeping strikes before you Warbreaker, don't use SS with Bladestorm.

Corejo on Discord Said charge > CS > BS..

See! Its all different haha

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Corejo on Discord Said charge > CS > BS..

See! Its all different haha
    Charge > CS > BS is pretty much the spec in a nutshell ^^

Deleted
    do you collect different gears (Single target /aoe) for M+?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    do you collect different gears (Single target /aoe) for M+?
    Naturally you do, you have no reason not to. That said, you can't swap gear in M+.

Execute feel weak to anyone else? There's times I'm just straight up spamming it and I'm like.... My fresh dinged ret with a crappy green weapon TV crits hit harder.. I don't feel weak at all just feels meh to press the iconic execute.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Agree, spamming execute for 7-8k per hit feels stupid. It used to be an ability that would make you catch up on dps, now my execute rotation does the same dps as my normal rotation. why do i even use it..

It feels a lot less satisfying than Fury's execute that's for sure.

Deleted
    Does anyone have a good weakauras for arms?

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Does anyone have a good weakauras for arms?
    literally 100s

https://wago.io/weakauras/classes/warrior/arms

Quote Originally Posted by Valheru- View Post
    Agree, spamming execute for 7-8k per hit feels stupid. It used to be an ability that would make you catch up on dps, now my execute rotation does the same dps as my normal rotation. why do i even use it..
    Not sure how you guys drop DPS when Execute comes up, given that it has a higher dmg/rage than Mortal Strike, the refund mechanic and no cooldown. I'm running Massacre and Execute is my top damage dealer on sims after Deep Wounds, and is very useful in dungeons as well. 35k+ sweeping strike crits are nothing to sneeze at.

Execute is why I came back to Arms from Fury. The Fury Execute reminds of the Ret "execute" Hammer of Wrath - it hits somewhat harder than other attacks (excluding TV...). Arms Execute is just that - an EXECUTE. It can smack something at <35% (I use Mas' talent) for huge damage that you can be sure will hurt. If it doesn't kill the target, another one is right behind it. Feels pretty satisfying.

I see the guide has updated, is Sudden Death that bad?