Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fury currently is pretty fun. I break my fingers on the keyboard to get 50k-100kDPS more compared to Arms,with my crap 937 gear - and that's ok! After looking FinalBoss's preview for BfA though, they aren't improving the spec, just taking stuff out and tweaking a bit. I'm not fine with that unless they plan to bring new skills with Azerate gear, which we don't know at this point.

What happened to Flurry though? That should have been packed directly into Legion discussing class fantasy and all..

Have i missed something in the alpha patchnotes, or has Fury really not had any significant changes so far?
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Have i missed something in the alpha patchnotes, or has Fury really not had any significant changes so far?
    You haven't missed anything. No significant changes other than Battle Cry has been renamed and enrage lasts 6 seconds instead of 4 and had it's attack speed bonus reduced to 50%. Those changes aren't new though.

It's a cause for concern considering how important legendaries and artifact traits are to fury.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    You haven't missed anything. No significant changes other than Battle Cry has been renamed and enrage lasts 6 seconds instead of 4 and had it's attack speed bonus reduced to 50%. Those changes aren't new though.

It's a cause for concern considering how important legendaries and artifact traits are to fury.
    Not to mention CoF. The difference in DPS that item makes is legit stupid. Sure it's that strong because of it's synergy with the T21 and Bloodbath. And even then, Fury only shines on bosses where they can get a big exec phase or very short fights. Outside of our burst, we hit like chickens.

With no T21, Bloodbath and CoF, I don't see Fury performing well at all. Unless they bring a lot more changes. But I'm used to Fury sucking balls the first tier anyway. It has been like that for like the four last expansions.

Are we going to finally lose Juggernaut mechanics in BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by AleksaMaster View Post
    Are we going to finally lose Juggernaut mechanics in BFA?
    Seeing as we lose the trait and there nothing of the sort (so far) in either talents or Azerite effects, it appears likely.

this gcd thing is so boring : Avatar>W8 1 sec>Bloodbath>W8 1sec>Battle Cry>W8 1 sec>start to dps

its a few sec loss for all our Cd , and it feels very annoying, especially for fast trashpack moreso with the removal of odyn fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the GCD change were to go live, I highly doubt that we would want to pause our rotation for 3 GCDs in a row to use cooldowns. I also wouldn't be surprised if we just wouldn't use Bloodbath, having to worry about two GCDs would be slightly better than 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    this gcd thing is so boring : Avatar>W8 1 sec>Bloodbath>W8 1sec>Battle Cry>W8 1 sec>start to dps

its a few sec loss for all our Cd , and it feels very annoying, especially for fast trashpack moreso with the removal of odyn fury.
    Is it even going to be worth speccing bloodbath without t21?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjach View Post
    Is it even going to be worth speccing bloodbath without t21?
    For now, no. I'm pretty sure IR is better on the Alpha currently.

- - - Updated - - -

This is kind of out of nowhere, but I'd really like to see Rampage continue to be used during Execute outside of requiring Massacre for BfA's class design. I think it'd be interesting if they made it so Execute gave a buff that stacks up to 5, with that said buff reducing the rage cost of Rampage by 20% each stack. And with Massacre, they could re-work that talent to have a chance to provide you that 5th stack of that buff to give you a free Rampage. Basically every five Executes you'd get a free Rampage, and with Massacre, it'd basically function the same. Just a random idea that I thought of the other day that would probably never get implemented, but I think it'd be kind of interesting if something like that were to happen. I just hope there ends up being a way to use Rampage without needing Massacre, it feels kind of bad to just stop using that ability at 20% in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    If the GCD change were to go live, I highly doubt that we would want to pause our rotation for 3 GCDs in a row to use cooldowns. I also wouldn't be surprised if we just wouldn't use Bloodbath, having to worry about two GCDs would be slightly better than 3.
    Precisely.

I understand the frustration over the GCD change (I haven't tested it myself yet) but a bunch of vocal players on the alpha are being childish.
    The intent is to discourage CD stacking and numerous people are making threads saying or showing how activating 3/4 CDs in a row is boring... well yeah that's the intention... That's not meaningful feedback IMO since they are not even trying to see Blizzard's stance on the matter and are not testing it the way blizz wants them to test it.

I am torn on this GCD issue, I believe the intent is decent as in making those buttons more meaningful. Now I truly believe that the current iteration is god aweful.
    Spells like Stormkeeper, Colossus Smash, Mark of Aluneth (removed in BFA but still), Evocation, Demon Commander (new demo CD) and others are fine ON the GCD as they do something on their own merit OR alter your rotation in a meaningful way making up for the lost time. Pressing the button is fun in and on itself for what it does and/or for the animation.

Now CDs like Avatar, Ascendance, Recklessness, Arcane Power, etc. are pretty boring on the GCD because they are basically just damage bonus of different form.

What blizzard needs to do is (pick one or more) :
    1) make those boring CDs do something on their own. For example, Recklessness for Fury could be entirely merged with Dragon Roar : deals meaningful damage around you and increases crit on targets hit.
    2) alter or remove most of the CDs in talent trees. For example, a good alteration would be to make Avatar a passive that further increases your damage during Reck.
    3) if Blizz don't want to do 1) or 2) then they need to keep some CDs off the GCD mostly the short ones like Reck
    Last edited by Recom; 2018-04-11 at 06:47 PM.

What they could have done is roll BC and Bloodbath into Avatar. Of course tuning would need to happen, but something like this would be pretty fun:

Avatar 3min CD: Transform into a colossus for 20s, causing you to deal 20% increased damage as well as gaining X%Critical chance. Your melee attacks and abilities also cause the target to bleed for X% additional damage for the duration.

As I said tuning would be important. But suddenly, we have a very powerful CD, that also looks very cool. It being on the GCD wouldn't matter as much in this case.

I know it seems really powerful, but I actually didn't mind when our only real CD was Reck and it was 5mins. It also deals with the one-shot macro as it can easily be purged in PvP, since it's only one buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, that would be kind of dumb. Fury has always had a separate +dmg% CD and a +crit% CD. It feels great, but I think the biggest balancing issue with our CDs is how short of a CD that BC (now Reck) is.

And you always macro'd both together. What's the point having two CD's that you will always use together? None. I remember Reck and DW didn't share the same CD, but on most fights you would end up delaying one to use both together. That's a long time ago so I might remember wrongly.

But I don't feel better having to press both BC and Avatar right now. Since you always want to combine both, having two separate CD's just slows down your gameplay (with the BfA GCD change). Unless they make it in a way where both CD's rarely align. But then, it's not particularly fun either.

I disagree, that would be kind of dumb. Fury has always had a separate +dmg% CD and a +crit% CD. It feels great, but I think the biggest balancing issue with our CDs is how short of a CD that BC (now Reck) is.
    "X spec had Y for the longest time" is not gonna do anything in that discussion. They are trying something new, of course it's going to be different than what we had in the past and what we're used to.

This gives them an opportunity to make CDs more interesting as a whole and potentially to introduce new meaningful choices in form of talents.
    There could be a row dedicated to altering BC/Reck instead of just adding a boring button.

Thing is they want to take off the possibility that people can 1 shot someone in pvp in 1-2 hits....
    Fine... but it have big impact on pve too..

Fury warrior have really short buffs, with rather low CD on it (battlecry/reckless)... when you lose 20% of your buff waiting there is a big problem (1 sec on 5sec buff) multiply this by example 10 times in a fight of 5-6 minutes.... it's a lot.

50% of our damage is coming from that ''window'', cut it by 20%... we get fucked up...

It will all get adjusted and any abilities they feel should be off GCD they will take them off again.

For now, no. I'm pretty sure IR is better on the Alpha currently.
    IR get a 33% nerf no ? from 150% dmg to 100% but maybe its a scaling thing idk.

I know it seems really powerful
    Not it's not , u just extended bloodbath and battle cry cd by a lot. And it also mean u'll deal noodle dmg for 3min what a fun gameplay =)
    Last edited by Silvereyes1372; 2018-04-12 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh maybe? I thought the only nerf to it was made on live, everything else was damage tuning for the squish. Either way, I don't see how that'd affect not using it over BB, especially because BB's value will go back down once we lose T21.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    And you always macro'd both together. What's the point having two CD's that you will always use together? None. I remember Reck and DW didn't share the same CD, but on most fights you would end up delaying one to use both together. That's a long time ago so I might remember wrongly.
    I mean it works kind of similar to now, except you delayed the crit CD and used the damage CD on cooldown. You'd usually use Death Wish on cooldown, you only mostly delayed Reck for DW and you were only holding it for a little under a minute. If I remember Reck was on a 4 minute CD and Death Wish was a little under 2 and a half minutes with both abilities affected by the baseline CDR talent.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-04-12 at 11:54 PM.

Not it's not , u just extended bloodbath and battle cry cd by a lot. And it also mean u'll deal noodle dmg for 3min what a fun gameplay =)
    I know you probably don't understand it, but having it on a 3 mins cooldown means they can shift power in the rest of our abilities again. As long as we have a CD as powerful than BC on a 1 min cooldown, we will always deal shit damage outside of it.