Wish there was an option to turn off smart loot.

I wish there was a toggle option to turn off smart loot or maybe something like in WoW where you can choose to get loot for an off spec. So if I was on my DH but wanted to try out a WD or Monk I could just turn the loot over to that class. I certainly remember better than anyone how much loot sucked back in the day and being hard to gear out your character. Smart loot was a godsend but did they ever think maybe people wanted to play more than one class? Right now the only way to really do this is farm blood shards then switch over to the class you wanna gear out and spend them. This works great for armor pieces but not for the more expensive Weapons and Jewelry. Since you can only do the quest for a free set once it makes gearing a new class out pretty hard. Also they made sets so damn OP that they are pretty much 100% necessary. I tried taking a fresh 70 and then gearing them with crafted armor trying to make as many set bonuses as possibly. I also tried taking good drops I got on my main and then reforging the main stat over to the new stat of the class I was making. The result was still a pretty garbage build that couldnt do much past Torment 2 or 3.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can just play the class you want the gear on.

Problemo solved.

I also miss being able to pass loot on to my alts, but the thing that really annoys me about smart-loot is gearing up followers.

I agree gearing up followers can be annoying with smart loot. I usually just spend all my blood shards and a lot of crafting materials in the cube to gear an alt quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood shards should get an alt geared for T10-13 in relatively short time, then it can farm its own gear.