Will Blizzard add live perks for playing Classic?

I can easily see them giving achievement points on live or some sort of pet or mount rewards on live for achieving things in Vanilla, and it will encourage people to play. Thoughts? Would this be good or bad?

Honestly I don't want achievements because I don't want to see "LFM MC40 Link Naxx 40 Achieve" sort of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Honestly I don't want achievements because I don't want to see "LFM MC40 Link Naxx 40 Achieve" sort of shit
    I don't think they'd add achievements in the Vanilla client, but similar to how they do cross-game promotions (get a mount for winning 3 HotS games), they could create incentive for live players to put time into Vanilla. I'm skeptical if this is a good idea.

The "achievements" you get in Vanilla is new items and levels. I dont need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    I can easily see them giving achievement points on live or some sort of pet or mount rewards on live for achieving things in Vanilla, and it will encourage people to play. Thoughts? Would this be good or bad?
    I don't think they would. It is reasonably self evident that many current World of Warcraft players detest the idea of vanilla servers. To reward vanilla play with retail rewards would be seen to be forcing people to partake in something they are vehemently against.

Blizzard likely believe there is a sufficient market OUTSIDE the current retail players who will naturally re-sub to play on their classic servers otherwise they wouldn't have done this.

I think there will be FoS that can be earnt by playing Classic and maybe pets, etc like they have done with their other games like HS and HotS.

@OP I'd suggest to change the title with something like "Will Blizzard add rewards in other games for playing Classic" because right now it seems people read this as "Will Blizzard add achievements in Classic" which is I believe not your intent for this thread.