Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are you looking forward to most about classic?

For me it's 3 things:

Number one is that we'll all be starting from square one. When the servers open everyone will be a level 1 with 0 gold or anything else to their Classic WoW name. The only advantage people can get is through grouping up with others.

Making gold will mean something. Gold inflation has been over the top for a while now. Making gold used to be as much a part of the game as getting year. Now it's more of a collection for big numbers thing. I remember just killing mobs for half an hour or so as I leveled so I had money for repairs/talents etc.
    I did the Quel danas dailies just for the gold in BC. And all the dailies on the isle only game ~ 120 gold. Just doing a world quest now with my follower gives me 125 gold. It will be nice having that whole aspect of character progression up again.

#3, leveling will be part of the game again. Leveling alts will go from something I dread doing to possibly something I'll want to do over end game stuff. I miss actually caring about my gear as I leveled, having some pieces for 20-30 levels. With travel around the world being more difficult and leveling taking longer, towns in random leveling zones become hubs. People hang out there like they do in cities now. Leveling feeling like part of the game and not a barrier to the rest of it gives the game a fundamental base it's been missing since ~ Wrath.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-11-10 at 11:17 AM.

We got a sub-forum for these kind of topics now, buddy. Should post it there.

Otherwise for me;

1. Professions matters, and feels rewarding to level.

2. Low level PvP twinkling was hella fun, and I look forward to it again.

3. Time to travel between places made the world feel large and adventurous. Especially on PvP servers when everything didn’t go your way.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.: That people would start using the right sub forum.
    2.: The wife can't wait for a museum tour, so guess to see the old quests again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For people to realise that they probably were wearing a bit too strong nostalgia goggles. Or a more serious reply, I guess just the nostalgic initial feeling will be nice, however It will probably wear over pretty quickly once the grind sets in and the annoying things get in the way.

Leveling being fun again. The game hasn't been the same for me since they destroyed it.

Mostly people shutting the hell up about wanting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Server community, teamwork, threat exists, CC exists, resources matter.

People hopefully shutting up about wanting Vanilla and remaining in their containment subforum now.

(Haha, who am I kidding. Not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.)

1.) No flying.
    2.) Tanking is far more difficult, dps have to give some time for tank to build up some threat.
    3.) To see old content as it was.
    4.) PvP
    5.) Professions matters, feels rewarding to level them up.
    6.) It takes "some" time to get your character to 60.
    7.) Some quests are actually hard.
    8.) You have to be aware of your surrounding all the time, no mass pulls.
    9.) World feels larger.
    10.) Money matters, can't just buy tokens.

Leveling, alts, twinks in all that old world content.

A lot of my memories of Vanilla have been blurred by time, so I just want to step back to the world before the Cataclysm, and relive some of those quests / fights that made me dreams back in the time but with my today's perception.

Deleted
    i am looking forward to the hardships. I honestly hope theyll keep it as pure as it was for the sole reason a lot of things that matter now mattered less to me back in the day. Things like the dps meter etc etc

I cant wait to start a rogue again and be forced to level poisons and lockpicking again. Screwing around with weird hybrid builds.... The old honor system and pvp..... I will even enjoy leveling a fury warrior again...even tho i have to eat after every mob:P

Anyone remember if the max debuff count on bosses was fixen in vanilla or TBC?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dzeeta View Post
    1.) No flying.
    2.) Tanking is far more difficult, dps have to give some time for tank to build up some threat.
    3.) To see old content as it was.
    4.) PvP
    5.) Professions matters, feels rewarding to level them up.
    6.) It takes "some" time to get your character to 60.
    7.) Some quests are actually hard.
    8.) You have to be aware of your surrounding all the time, no mass pulls.
    9.) World feels larger.
    10.) Money matters, can't just buy tokens.
    dont forget the proper elite areas where an elite was actually immensely difficult to solo for most classes..... oeee tainted scar in blasted lands!

Mostly just reminiscing and sharing stories with the people that I still play WoW with, and the new people I've met since. I don't think WoW:C will be a lasting project for me, but it'll be a lot of fun in the start.

The reaction of those that never played it. I expect a large portion wont make it to level 60, beyond 40 it really slows down. But I will take great satisfaction in hearing that some of those people are playing and really enjoying the Original WoW.

Murder and mayhem in Stranglethorn vale
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by vettehenk View Post
    Anyone remember if the max debuff count on bosses was fixen in vanilla or TBC?
    Max debuff was still a thing in TBC (though debuff limit was larger than in Classic).
    Debuff limit was totally removed in WotLK.

Absolute carnage in STV. Walking around knowing at every corner you might get murdered by horde, or stumple upon all out war between horde & alliance.

Finding people for the group quests in Redridge M, one of my fav zones.

Leveling proffesions knowing it actually will mean something all the way to max level.

Join a AV bg on monday, join same fight on wed.

Knowing that when you finally enter MC(or any other raid), you deserve to be there.

Playing Paladin and relearn the class - Started my pala late classic and its my main by miles. Though current pala is not what it was in classic :P

Almost crying in relief when you finally get epic mount and can move with 100% SPEED WOOOOO.

Knowing when you do dungeons you might end up getting friends who you will play with for a long, long time.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2017-11-10 at 02:12 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man STV was awesome, you could spend days there leveling, ganking or being ganked, and having to run north to south to booty bay was an adventure in itself.

Deleted
    People writing here about how sucky and old Vanilla actually is.

Best part is when the 10% of the Vanilla players(who actually played it back then), will reliaze life is too short to back(just like bronies).

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    People writing here about how sucky and old Vanilla actually is.

Best part is when the 10% of the Vanilla players(who actually played it back then), will reliaze life is too short to back(just like bronies).
    Meanwhile I will be doing the Winterspring Frostsaber grind and you can stay sitting here talking about bronies.