Poll: Battle for Azeroth seems to be a "filler expansion"!

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Battle for Azeroth seems like a filler expansion - do you agree?

Title says it all.

I've got the feeling that BfA is another filler expansion that shouldn't have been but somehow came to life (like WoD).

What do you think? Lets start a discussion!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not filler since it's clearly leading to the next step in the story which is Azshara (already confirmed) and N'zoth (implied), and consequently the Void.
    The faction war is just the tagline they picked, the "hook" for this expansion (odd choice) and will not lead anywhere really except to make some factionistas salty.

wod wasn't a filler expansion lol, it was just shit and they cut it short. so in hindsight it looks like a filler expansion

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It's not filler since it's clearly leading to the next step in the story which is Azshara (already confirmed) and N'zoth (implied), and consequently the Void.
    The faction war is just the tagline they picked, the "hook" for this expansion (odd choice) and will not lead anywhere really except to make some factionistas salty.
    If it starts out like MoP and the bigger threats are unleashed in the end I agree with you - MoP started as "filler" but eventually became one of the best expansions. Maybe the things we know about BfA are just too sparse to "predict" the future of it but the "features" and the content seems very filler to me (except the setting, was about time to visit Kul Tiras and Zandalar).

15+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely a filler expansion. Not to mention one that doesn't make much sense. You've banded together to destroy a threat to the universe, but as soon as it's dealt with, people are like... fuck it, let's go at it again for old time's sake.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    It's definitely a filler expansion. Not to mention one that doesn't make much sense. You've banded together to destroy a threat to the universe, but as soon as it's dealt with, people are like... fuck it, let's go at it again for old time's sake.
    TBH, this should stay this way for whole history on WoW. IMHO. It was always nice when there was lurking evil somewhere in the background of the story, but in the moment, where Horde and Alliance started cooperating, it was moment, when WoW lost it's charm. It became on another generic story of humanity vs big bad world threating evil - avenger style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is: Didn't our Factions learn anything from Pandaria?
    Didn't our hatred for eachother release the Sha?

I mean Blizzard is basically saying "Fuck it, Fuck what we learned from our actions, let's go berserk at each other"

Yes 100% agree

But honestly who cares because Vanilla WoW is gonna reignite my love for wow

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If it starts out like MoP and the bigger threats are unleashed in the end I agree with you - MoP started as "filler" but eventually became one of the best expansions. Maybe the things we know about BfA are just too sparse to "predict" the future of it but the "features" and the content seems very filler to me (except the setting, was about time to visit Kul Tiras and Zandalar).
    Do you really think is ally vs horde for the whole exp ? azhara was confirmed for raid number 2 of the exp aready
    Bitch Pls

I don't think it will be but the hype factor just doesn't seem strong with this one.

It feels like MoP, where focus will be on exploring, new lore and faction conflict, which is great.

MoP was also a filler expansion and it felt great and is praised as favourite by many. I'm giving Battle for Azeroth a chance, it has potential to be awesome, but it's all down to the gameplay, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Artifacts, Class Halls and DH were all way bigger selling points than whatever BfA offers so far.

Races are nice, but just cosmetic and offer zero in endgame.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-11-04 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    The alliance and horde banding together lasted for all of one cinematic. Classes banded together to face the Legion, but I’m pretty sure that Sylvanas and Greymane/Anduin were not feeling particularly positive towards the other faction.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Starts with faction conflict, then sets up bigger and badder foes, ultimately leading to Azshara > N'zoth > World Soul > Void > Space-travel 9.0 with options like K'aresh or whatever.

Of course I don't forget about Lich King yet, maybe 10.0

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I feel BoA ideal would have fit better post MoP than Post Legion.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Funny thing is: Didn't our Factions learn anything from Pandaria?
    Didn't our hatred for eachother release the Sha?

I mean Blizzard is basically saying "Fuck it, Fuck what we learned from our actions, let's go berserk at each other"
    On top of that, didn't we start class halls because all this Horde vs Alliance business was holding us back from doing anything against Legion... But the moment Legion's thwarted, we go right back to faction war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Artifacts, Class Halls and DH were all way bigger selling points than whatever BfA offers so far.

Races are nice, but just cosmetic and offer zero in endgame.
    I agree. BfA has zero features that are interesting (to me). All of them sound like watered down Legion features or are just boring (allied races).

Filler release content but not filler expansion. What we’ve been shown is only a prologue for things to come (Azshara confirmed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    On top of that, didn't we start class halls because all this Horde vs Alliance business was holding us back from doing anything against Legion... But the moment Legion's thwarted, we go right back to faction war.
    Yeah, I just don't get it. In MoP, WoD and Legion we have important characters telling us to unite or we will get fucked.
    We kinda do unite but once Argus is down we do what? Go "Oh well, what now? Ohhhh I know! Let's go and kill each other"

Deleted
    How do you define a "filler expansion"?