Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account

[Antorus Spoilers] Where was

Where was Turalyon & Alleria? Did they already leave Argus before Antorus? It's weird that Blizz would make a big deal out of those characters returning only for them not to do anything in Antorus. I mean, seriously, Alleria and Turalyon have been fighting them for such a long time and as soon as we are finally able to get in there and finish them off they want nothing to do with it? So odd.

Also, What happened to Maiev? She had a big role in Legion, especially the stuff in the Broken Shore with Velen, Khadgar and Illidan. It's weird that she never went with them to Argus even though this is most likely Illidan's send off.

Other than that, it was a great cinematic. I just wish those 3 characters were there.

I'm not so sure about Alleria, but Turalyon is often seen throughout Antorus leading the Lightforged armies and guiding players through the place with deployed beacons. Still sucks Titan balls that they weren't involved in the finale though

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Where was Turalyon & Alleria? Did they already leave Argus before Antorus? It's weird that Blizz would make a big deal out of those characters returning only for them not to do anything in Antorus. I mean, seriously, Alleria and Turalyon have been fighting them for such a long time and as soon as we are finally able to get in there and finish them off they want nothing to do with it? So odd.

Also, What happened to Maiev? She had a big role in Legion, especially the stuff in the Broken Shore with Velen, Khadgar and Illidan. It's weird that she never went with them to Argus even though this is most likely Illidan's send off.

Welcome to Blizzard Storytelling
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Yeah I wanted to see them too, and it would have made total sense for them to be there. But Blizzard makes choices when doing these very short cinematics. They don't have a lot of time to have a greater ensemble and tell their stories. They used the cinematics to tell the story of illidan and velen, and how their interaction changed from polar opposites to understanding each other. And even this story that they chose to show, it wasn't told in detail, but you could interpret a lot from the subtle smirks and expressions.
    I mean magni was there merely as background, and I guess Alleria, Turalyon and Maiev could have been too. But if they were, it would have seemed maybe a greater mistake for them to be there and not interact in any meaningful way. Magni is such a neutral character, being this sort of robot of Azeroth, that it doesn't feel off that he doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There is likely interstitial storytelling within Antorus we've yet to see - hopefully Alleria and Turalyon are factors there even if they don't take part of the event at the Seat of the Pantheon.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They were not even close to importance on this scale. One is a zealot and the other dabbling in shadow and neither would have anything to add to this. I'm more surprised Khadgar wasn't here to give Illidan a thumbs up or something.

And less alliance races in this the better imo.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yeah I wanted to see them too, and it would have made total sense for them to be there. But Blizzard makes choices when doing these very short cinematics. They don't have a lot of time to have a greater ensemble and tell their stories. They used the cinematics to tell the story of illidan and velen, and how their interaction changed from polar opposites to understanding each other. And even this story that they chose to show, it wasn't told in detail, but you could interpret a lot from the subtle smirks and expressions.
    I mean magni was there merely as background, and I guess Alleria, Turalyon and Maiev could have been too. But if they were, it would have seemed maybe a greater mistake for them to be there and not interact in any meaningful way. Magni is such a neutral character, being this sort of robot of Azeroth, that it doesn't feel off that he doesn't.
    Khadgar was there too. Even though he didn't really do anything in Argus. Just seeing them would be nice. Seeing Maiev and Illidan share one last look to each other would have been cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    They were not even close to importance on this scale. One is a zealot and the other dabbling in shadow and neither would have anything to add to this. I'm more surprised Khadgar wasn't here to give Illidan a thumbs up or something.

Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-29 at 04:21 AM.

Khadgar was there too. Even though he didn't really do anything in Argus. Just seeing them would be nice. Seeing Maiev and Illidan share one last look to each other would have been cool too.

well yeah he's on the ship, even magni is, but he wasn't there to give a one liner to the Titans xD

5+ Year Old Account
    well yeah he's on the ship, even magni is, but he wasn't there to give a one liner to the Titans xD
    Even Alleria & Turalyon being there would have made it better. I mean, they've been fighting for this for so fucking long and they weren't even there to see it end.

Even Alleria & Turalyon being there would have made it better. I mean, they've been fighting for this for so fucking long and they weren't even there to see it end.
    I know, but as a Horde player, they are so annoying to see and hear constantly. I can put up with a few alliance characters... and all 4 of them were in this video(Yes I like Magni, Velen, Khadgar and illidan)

5+ Year Old Account
    I know, but as a Horde player, they are so annoying to see and hear constantly. I can put up with a few alliance characters... and all 4 of them were in this video(Yes I like Magni, Velen, Khadgar and illidan)
    It's a mainly Alliance story though. This was our WoD. Also, they already brought them in to the picture on Argus.

It's a mainly Alliance story though. This was our WoD. Also, they already brought them in to the picture on Argus.
    WoD, a story that had the main hero as a human... with both factions having their respective characters as their interactions... I'm sorry, but WoD was your story just as much as it was the Horde's.

This is Legion, the Legion and Sargeras... this isn't an Alliance story, it just happens that alliance has far more characters than horde and when it comes to space travel, no one can figure out how to make savage races fit.

It was the culmination of both Illidan's and Velen's storylines. It makes sense for the final cinematic to feature them.

5+ Year Old Account
    WoD, a story that had the main hero as a human... with both factions having their respective characters as their interactions... I'm sorry, but WoD was your story just as much as it was the Horde's.

This is Legion, the Legion and Sargeras... this isn't an Alliance story, it just happens that alliance has far more characters than horde and when it comes to space travel, no one can figure out how to make savage races fit.
    Not really. It's all based off Orc history, it was started by the former Horde Warchief and the 1 of the 2 main Orcs is the father of Thrall. Nothing that happened in that world had anything to do with the Alliance. It was mostly just a Horde nostalgia trip. They even had to create Yrel just so there was something for us to do.

Pretty much all of the Legion storyline has to do with the Alliance. It's Velen's homeworld (Draenei), Illidan's hunt (Night Elf), Turalyon & Alleria is an Alliance storyline as well. Khadgar & Magni are super neutral these days (Sorta like when Thrall went Neutral for a short time in Cata) but their history is with the Alliance so most Horde people aren't going to care about their story. The story itself may be relevant to The Horde in that it's a threat that could destroy Azeroth and has destroyed their homeworld but the story we've been told throughout Warcraft was always from more of an Alliance perspective.

And if it makes you feel better I wouldn't have been against Saurfang being on Argus. It's too bad he didn't have a role in Legion. It would have been nice to see him be like "This was for you, Brox" when Sargeras was defeated. lol. You'd think Saurfang would have taken an interest in taking out the dudes that led to his brother's death. I guess Blizz forgot about Saurfang when they were thinking about Argus. He is one of the few Horde characters that really did belong on that ship and with his role being expanded in Legion it would have given him some character development.

Deleted
    So WOD was a Orc story?

Tbh I'm fine with all the alliance characters. It simply makes sense and they are fairly interesting characters at that (Dadghar and Magni rock). Makes it all the more jarring that I'm likely facing of against them again coming BfA. Can't we all just get along?!

Ahwell, atleast Illidan is out of the pictures once more, annoying emo drama queen.

Deleted
    Like said before, this was the ending of Velen's and Illidan's story arcs. As much the Army of the Light was created to fight the Legion, it became clear that Turalyon and Alleria's story is about the duality between Light and Void, and that story is yet to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much all of the Legion storyline has to do with the Alliance.
    The Legion storyline has to do with Azeroth and not with the factions. The factions weren't even showcased throughout the xpac, the Class Orders took their place in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoloid View Post
    I'm not so sure about Alleria, but Turalyon is often seen throughout Antorus leading the Lightforged armies and guiding players through the place with deployed beacons. Still sucks Titan balls that they weren't involved in the finale though
    Turalyon is just a paladin, and Alleria is just an elf that shoots arrows. They had no business fighting titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Like said before, this was the ending of Velen's and Illidan's story arcs. As much the Army of the Light was created to fight the Legion, it became clear that Turalyon and Alleria's story is about the duality between Light and Void, and that story is yet to come.

- - - Updated - - -

The Legion storyline has to do with Azeroth and not with the factions. The factions weren't even showcased throughout the xpac, the Class Orders took their place in the fight.
    And yet they all join the alliance in bfa, wish i could backstab turalyon and alleria finish them off before bfa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Legion as a whole was focused on Khadgar, Magni, Velen and Illidan. Other characters only have minor roles.

Magni was a presence over the whole expansion. He appears in the beginning to warn us, then has a role in Argus.
    Khadgar led the narrative in the first half of the expansion. During that time, we were searching for Illidan and foreseeing Velen's role in the invasion of the Exodar.
    Then comes the second half and Velen and Illidan take the forefront, as they are the major characters related directly to Sargeras in some way.

Alleria and Turalyon have minor roles. As soon as we arrive in Argus, it's Velen and Illidan leading, while Turalyon and Alleria are just their lieutenants.

The purpose of Turalyon and Alleria in this expansion is just to reintroduct them in lore. They are probably being seeded to have bigger roles in future expansions.
    Whatever...

But, but, but high elves are Horde! They're called blood elves!

I'm raiding tonight and there's probably a piece of story within Antorus where we know that these two don't go to the Seat of the Pantheon.