Poll: Do you?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Where did you hear that?

"Beta Test Coming Soon" is the only information on that, that I can see.
    That one was WoWhead and the q&a, it's a "should be early next year" because they never say will be http://www.wowhead.com/news=275495/b...in-is-now-open

Well we'll be getting 7.3.5 soon which makes quite a few changes that can keep people busy, and then we'll probably have the pre-patch about a month before expansion's release.
    So yeah we might not get a new raid untill BfA, but we'll stay entertained (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That one was WoWhead and the q&a, it's a "should be early next year" because they never say will be http://www.wowhead.com/news=275495/b...in-is-now-open
    I see that wowhead says they think it will be (think, not know) but Q&A? Don't see that anywhere. Unless you're referring to the bit of text at the bottom? Which seems to be what the people at wowhead THINK.

Q: When is beta?
    A: Opt in at the website.

That's what was said by blizz, in the Q&A.

I see that wowhead says they think it will be (think, not know) but Q&A? Don't see that anywhere. Unless you're referring to the bit of text at the bottom? Which seems to be what the people at wowhead THINK.

Q: When is beta?
    A: Opt in at the website.

That's what was said by blizz, in the Q&A.
    Wowhead's not usually one to pull things out of their asses, and honestly Early next year makes sense more than anything. And wowhead isn't the only one saying that

Wowhead's not usually one to pull things out of their asses, and honestly Early next year makes sense more than anything. And wowhead isn't the only one saying that
    Except they did pull it out of their asses, they have no source, because they post their sources. They specifically said "that SHOULD begin early next year" It's a safe guess, early could mean anytime pre-May. Don't assume it means January.

You keep having this information, make up of shoulds, and thinks, with no hard facts, but you repeat it as though it's a guarantee. You really need to work on that habit.

Except they did pull it out of their asses, they have no source, because they post their sources. They specifically said "that SHOULD begin early next year" It's a safe guess, early could mean anytime pre-May. Don't assume it means January.

You keep having this information, make up of shoulds, and thinks, with no hard facts, but you repeat it as though it's a guarantee. You really need to work on that habit.
    Because its the safest bets and much better than "6-9 months until ALPHA", and "release in 2019". If you want to be pessimistic sure go right ahead. And no I never said beta in january, more likely we'll get 7.3.5 off the ptr in jan/feb and beta in march/april with release sometime around aug-oct because the timings that make sense.

Nov 2018 at the soonest. There we're a whole bunch of "yeah we're not sure yet" type answers during Blizzcon for it to be any sooner.

won't matter if they release classic after it's cleared by most.

Also, did find this. When talking about the new pvp server changes coming with 8.0 they specifically stated the "2018" world. Seems odd to say that and not the "modern world" if they weren't shooting for 8.0 in 2018.

I expect Antorus lasts absolutely no less than 8 months. I think it goes 9-10 months or so. I really think 10 is the top end tho, they've been a ton better about content pacing. Maybe it's overly optimistic, but they've really stepped their game up.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Because its the safest bets and much better than "6-9 months until ALPHA", and "release in 2019". If you want to be pessimistic sure go right ahead. And no I never said beta in january, more likely we'll get 7.3.5 off the ptr in jan/feb and beta in march/april with release sometime around aug-oct because the timings that make sense.
    Except that's the thing, it's the "Safest bet" it's a BET, a guess, not to be repeated as facts with untrue "sources"

Repeat it as your opinion, because that's what it is. It might make the most sense, be the most realistic, be the safest most accurate estimate that could possibly be made at the time. But it is just that, an estimate, it is not a fact, they haven't made these definitive statements. So don't claim that they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    won't matter if they release classic after it's cleared by most.
    Classic won't be out before next xpac, that thing is a longlong way away

- - - Updated - - -

Also, did find this. When talking about the new pvp server changes coming with 8.0 they specifically stated the "2018" world. Seems odd to say that and not the "modern world" if they weren't shooting for 8.0 in 2018.

All that picture shows, is that they plan on creating the system in 2018. Once again, not a definitive timeframe for the next expansion. You're really stretching with that.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that it will be in 2018, my bet is currently late July or sometime in October. But that is my opinion, I'm not going around saying I heard things about the release date for BFA and Beta. Because that would be stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is before the 12 month mark(That would be if the Expansion released November 28 and I really doubt it will). 10 months maybe any more and I doubt it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No way. One more (semi-)tier (unlikely) or early-to-mid summer release (I guess? Not sure if it makes sense from business point of view, like people play less in the summer or something).

Assuming everything's going according to plan. Xpac announcement left a feeling that they're far from finishing particularities of features (even if code/system changes are close to be done).

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I will spend a bunch of time leveling new alliance characters after 7.3.5. As I want to see both BfA level experiences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I do. The expansion looks like it's a good 7 to 8 months away from being alpha ready. Lets hope antorus is better than HFC was...
    battle for azeroth page says beta to be expected soon. so i kind of think its not 7 to 8 months away from being alpha ready :<

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Techinically the gap between HFC and the pre-patch (Yes, that did have content) was just under 13 months.

I'm pretty sure they did say there wouldn't be a gap this time, and I have my fingers crossed that they'll deliver. Some small lore patches would be very welcome, and mayyyyybe a mini-raid, but I doubt that latter part will happen.
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2017-11-06 at 12:56 AM.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Blizzard maybe not 14 months, but a solid year easily imo.

From an optimistic viewpoint, we'll hopefully see an August/September release if we assume they're on the ball for once, and like others have mentioned Legion has been fairly well patched so far, so unless they're going to toss in a Ruby Sanctum-esq filler to buy more time, maybe they'll stay on schedule for once.

On the other hand...as it almost sounded like from the write-ups that they had no f'ing clue or concrete answers on how some of the BFA features were going to be implemented...guess there is the antagonistic view of a year+ again. Which would suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hopeful for July, but we'll see. Blizzard is great at letting me down.
    Hey

They have no reason to delay for 14 months, because current releases have been not only six months apart, but a little over that so they have extra months of wiggle room. They'd have to be severely behind schedule on their expansion to not be ready in six months. As well, it has been stated in the past that they're trying to stick to six-month release schedule (and there was that old graph on MMOC forever ago). Also, it would definitely be folly to have a repeat of the drought at the end of WoD considering they lost and absolutely unprecedented amount of subs during that time. (Where did it cut off officially, 60-65% subs dropped? Estimated with realm sites at like 80-85%?)