Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Saurfang, Lor'Themar, Gallywix, Liadrin, Nathanos. Maybe I'm forgetting some others, but the Horde do have characters that need development and are there to be used as interesting characters. But yes, Sylvanas has way too much focus for how many characters Horde have that are actually interesting but, never used in the slightest.

Here is to hoping that Battle for Azeroth does, in fact, bring in the other leaders and powerful figures the horde has into the story and not just focus on Sylvanas. If she even lives that long.
    Yeah. An actual identity crisis in the Horde. These are all big names, but they haven't played a huge part in the lore - so far. Horde needs to be fleshed out more. I'd actually be okay for the Alliance to be the Agressor and a little 'evil' this expansion.

Nomi set up shop in Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Saurfang, Lor'Themar, Gallywix, Liadrin, Nathanos. Maybe I'm forgetting some others, but the Horde do have characters that need development and are there to be used as interesting characters. But yes, Sylvanas has way too much focus for how many characters Horde have that are actually interesting but, never used in the slightest.

Here is to hoping that Battle for Azeroth does, in fact, bring in the other leaders and powerful figures the horde has into the story and not just focus on Sylvanas. If she even lives that long.
    Saurfang got a new model, so here's hoping he gets some love from the devs as he is crimically underrepresented atm. If the intention is to develop existing characters instead of focusing on a new big bad, then I'm 100% aboard with that.

OT: As for the Alliance, Undercity is an excellent target both as a strategic hub and a symbol of taking back what the Alliance believes is their territory. However, I don't see Anduin doing a 180 and attacking the Horde out of the blue (despite Genn's constant insistence), there had to be something that pushed him to make that decision. He may be many things, but reckless and impetuous are not one of them.

On the Horde side, Teldrassil is a terrible target for a first strike, it has little to no strategic value (even less so if you burn it down instead of conquering it) and attacking it would accomplish nothing for the Horde except giving the Alliance cause to retaliate. Even if you're attacking out of petty vengeance, it holds no enemies of note to the Horde. Stormwind however, is a perfect target both strategically and sentimentally, which just happens to be Sylvanas' target in the book prologue.

Jaina says in the features video "We've made kindling of our suffering, stirred the embers of resentment, just waiting for a single spark to set the whole world aflame". Something had to be that spark that sets off this massive faction war, and an attack on Stormwind is the perfect candidate, whether attempted and failed or preempted by the Alliance.

My educated guess is this - Sylvanas either attacks SW and fails which gives the Alliance cause to retaliate or Genn gets wind of the plot and convinces Anduin to launch a preemptive strike, Lordaeron is destroyed and Sylvanas burns down Teldrassil as revenge.

Or you know, Old Gods did it.
    Last edited by CthulhuFhtagn; 2017-11-05 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Obviously the Alliance did. Greymane hates Sylvanas's guts, so I am absolutely certain he ordered the attack on Lordaeron and the naive little kid King agreed on it since his grief blinded him from who really killed his father. In return Sylvanas sets Teldrassil on fire.

Lordaeron can never be the first shot; Gilneas was the first shot because any shot Greymane takes at Lordaeron is a reaction to the shot the Horde took at Gilneas.

If Teldrassil happened before Lordaeron, then the Horde basically dealt two blows while recieving only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    man i dont even....at least be sure that you are correct before you call others stupid.
    http://et.worldofwarcraft.wikia.com/...e_of_Lordaeron

I am not sure you have any idea on what the alliance is, how it came to be or what states were or are even part of it.
    Wiki fandom lol Ehm anyway.. thanks for linking a source the confirms what I said, but I don't get the part where you act like it contracted what I was saying? You link about the Alliance of Lordaeron which is an entirely different "alliance" then the one we have in WOW (I know they have similar names very confusing! but try to focus), it included freaking Dalaran and Quelthalas as member nations. One is actually a HORDE faction now and the other one is a neutral sanctuary just fyi. Also, that was a textbook definition of an "Alliance" with its members having autonomy over their individual kingdoms during peaceful periods and only unite their armies under the leadership of Kingdom of Lordaeron during wartime against the orcs. They were "separate" countries that signed a treaty not a union. Just because France and England were allies it didn't give England the right to claim Paris after France fell. Elves actually said piss off multiple times to the requests of the human kingdom during this alliance, so did the gnomes to a lesser degree but they had their own problems.. When Terenas requested against the northern plague/the scourge, the rest of the members of that alliance did jack shit. Dalaran sent an 1 person to help investigate (which was Jaina actually) and rest of the humans and Quelthalas said fuck off..

"The Alliance" in wow is an actually union of Factions with clear permanent faction leader. Think of one as an organization like the allied forces of WW2 and the other one as a union like the US with individual states that came together to form 1 union.

Don't think I can be more clear but please do come back with another BS reply.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Im baffled by the ignorance of people in these forums everyday that make statements like they know shit.
    Lordaeron was an entirely fucking separate kingdom from Stormwind with its own people and own royalty. The last male heir of that kingdom being Arthas the LK which we freaking killed. When it comes to the people, most of the inhabitants of the kingdom were killed by the scourge and raised as undead and are currently inhabiting their own homeland still, as the forsaken. Kingdom of Lordaeron was never even part of the current alliance in Wow, and they have no claim on it.
    im baffled by the ignorance of you in these forums ... get your lore right before u call other stupid ever heard of the Great Alliance or ever heard of The Seven Kingdoms? oh i should tell u than Lordaeron was part of the Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    im baffled by the ignorance of you in these forums ... get your lore right before u call other stupid ever heard of the Great Alliance or ever heard of The Seven Kingdoms? oh i should tell u than Lordaeron was part of the Alliance
    Ill just copy paste my previous reply (which is one post above this) in case it was too hard for you to read it with a few highlights:

ou link about the Alliance of Lordaeron which is an entirely different "alliance" then the one we have in WOW (I know they have similar names very confusing! but try to focus), it included freaking Dalaran and Quelthalas as member nations. One is actually a HORDE faction now and the other one is a neutral sanctuary just fyi. Also, that was a textbook definition of an "Alliance" with its members having autonomy over their individual kingdoms during peaceful periods and only unite their armies under the leadership of Kingdom of Lordaeron during wartime against the orcs. They were "separate" countries that signed a treaty not a union. Just because France and England were allies it didn't give England the right to claim Paris after France fell. Elves actually said piss off multiple times to the requests of the human kingdom during this alliance, so did the gnomes to a lesser degree but they had their own problems.. When Terenas requested against the northern plague/the scourge, the rest of the members of that alliance did jack shit. Dalaran sent an 1 person to help investigate (which was Jaina actually) and rest of the humans and Quelthalas said fuck off..

"The Alliance" in wow is an actually union of Factions with clear permanent faction leader. Think of one as an organization like the allied forces of WW2 and the other one as a union like the US with individual states that came together to form 1 union.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't say that Sylvanas does the first blow (who knows who trully did), but IMHO Teldrassil will burn first. (as far as i heard, we are going to play just moments after the cinematics -Alliance attacking Undercity and the Horde defending it and falling back- (like the scenario for Broken Shore)), and they told us that the book happens before the expansion comes, so that's going to happen first. (Maybe in the book the Alliance attack Silvermoon, forcing them to block contact with Lordaeron so they can't help them for the attack)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Wiki fandom lol Ehm anyway.. thanks for linking a source the confirms what I said, but I don't get the part where you act like it contracted what I was saying? You link about the Alliance of Lordaeron which is an entirely different "alliance" then the one we have in WOW (I know they have similar names very confusing! but try to focus), it included freaking Dalaran and Quelthalas as member nations. One is actually a HORDE faction now and the other one is a neutral sanctuary just fyi. Also, that was a textbook definition of an "Alliance" with its members having autonomy over their individual kingdoms during peaceful periods and only unite their armies under the leadership of Kingdom of Lordaeron during wartime against the orcs. They were "separate" countries that signed a treaty not a union. Just because France and England were allies it didn't give England the right to claim Paris after France fell. Elves actually said piss off multiple times to the requests of the human kingdom during this alliance, so did the gnomes to a lesser degree but they had their own problems.. When Terenas requested against the northern plague/the scourge, the rest of the members of that alliance did jack shit. Dalaran sent an 1 person to help investigate (which was Jaina actually) and rest of the humans and Quelthalas said fuck off..

normally when people are this far gone, they are just let go. But hey im sure "lol wikifandom" gives a solid basis to, whatever it is you are trying to construct. No one is going to bother doing the research for u. one other dude already pointed out your laughably lacking knowledge. Do yourself a favor and go read Lands of conflict, tides of darkness, the alliance players guide, at the very least before spouting off like a severed vessel.

You are thinking way too deeply into this (and way too ragey honestly, its embarrassing)., this is a land of giant tress, where birds shoot lazers and dragons have intimate relations with humans, this correlation of hurr durr france uk w.e doesnt work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    normally when people are this far gone, they are just let go. But hey im sure "lol wikifandom" gives a solid basis to, whatever it is you are trying to construct. No one is going to bother doing the research for u. one other dude already pointed out your laughably lacking knowledge. Do yourself a favor and go read Lands of conflict, tides of darkness, the alliance players guide, at the very least before spouting off like a severed vessel.

You are thinking way too deeply into this (and way too ragey honestly, its embarrassing)., this is a land of giant tress, where birds shoot lazers and dragons have intimate relations with humans, this correlation of hurr durr france uk w.e doesnt work here.
    He could go read the WC3 manual too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    He could go read the WC3 manual too
    or try the in game interactive route of http://www.wowhead.com/object=175746...aeron#comments

but hey, God forbid we educate ourselves before we fling shit at people!

Essentially Sylvanas. I reckon her plans to attack Stormwind somehow got wind and ended up being known by the alliance/Glenn and he convinced Anduin to surprise hit Undercity/Lordaeron first. In return the Horde attacked Teldrassil.
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2017-11-05 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Why would the horde start it? It makes sense for Alliance to do it and not the other way around. They have motives to attack, although shit motives, still motives.

Maybe that's because they take Lordaeron from her? I am unfamiliar with the book though.
    Nope, the cutscene of the invasion of Loraeron is after the book as in the excerpt Sylvanas is in Orgrimmar speaking to Nathanos and he says that Undercity is fine but her absence has been noticed and that the forsaken feel like she has forgotten about them, so Undercity has not yet been invaded. At the end of that excerpt she states that she wants to take Stormwind though it does not elaborate on why. At this stage I am going to assume Sylvanas struck first though I wouldn't put it past Genn to be a dick and attack first. We will find out either way when the book is released though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder what will happen if its released that the horde took the first shot.

Horde fanboys should get their facts right. Sylvanas was the one who was planning on assaulting SW, forcing Anduin to retaliate.

Deleted
    I just read that the Leaker http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47735638
    leaked exactly what happend (and other stuff, just search for the user name).

So since he was right with pretty much everything it would also solve this question: Sylvanas shot first, Anduin retaliates.

"Who shot first" is going to be the "who betrays who on the Broken Shore" of BfA. They're going to be tight-lipped until the in-game cinematic launches

Obviously the Alliance did. Greymane hates Sylvanas's guts, so I am absolutely certain he ordered the attack on Lordaeron and the naive little kid King agreed on it since his grief blinded him from who really killed his father. In return Sylvanas sets Teldrassil on fire.
    By definition the horde started shit, because they're the ones who invaded our planet. Get the hell off.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Horde fanboys should get their facts right. Sylvanas was the one who was planning on assaulting SW, forcing Anduin to retaliate.
    I'm more interested in if Teldrassil gets burned before/after Undercity.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'm more interested in if Teldrassil gets burned before/after Undercity.
    The thing is Sylvanas is the one who started the whole conflict and chain of events. She was planning on a sneak attack on SW, Anduin had to react, and from there the whole war started.