Thread: 8.0 Beta date?

Deleted

8.0 Beta date?

if im not wrong, legion was beta playable right after blizzcon and preorder was on, on blizzcon, do we have nothing for new exp?

The expansion also wasn't announced at that BlizzCon, it was announced months earlier.

Expect beta in 2018.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The expansion also wasn't announced at that BlizzCon, it was announced months earlier.

Expect beta in 2018.
    yes but if u considering legion timeline it means, beta march exp dec 2018 and Antorus 12+ months seems unlikly to me
    look my signature they announce legion on 6 nov 2015 while is was live on 30/08/2016
    Last edited by mmoc94e7fe7506; 2017-11-05 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    yes but if u considering legion timeline it means, beta march exp dec 2018 and Antorus 12+ months seems unlikly to me
    Why does it seem unlikely? The last two expansions ended with 14 month final tiers. Before that were 10-12 month final tiers. There has always been a year in between announcement and release.

10-12 months of Antorus seems like it's reasonable.

Antorus for 12 months seems very likely to be completely honest. 10 at least.

I'd expect Beta after 7.3.5 is of the PTR (unless we get a 7.4) - so earliest end of january.

How long Beta lasts is another topic. Might be like MoP and we get 5 months total public testing. Might be like legion and we get 9 months.

Legion alpha (what we typically thought of as beta was split into an alpha-beta cycle as far as player-testers were concerned) was not available until after the end of 2015. Sure it was playable at BlizzCon but so is BfA.

EDIT: Forgot about the incredibly small tester pool that was given alpha invites after BlizzCon. You know, the people who were going to get them exposure, streamers and the like.
    Last edited by The Cheat; 2017-11-05 at 12:30 AM.

I bet the alpha/beta will be shorter than legion. Theyre release it after 7.3.5 and maybe a summer release. I'm honestly not expecting more than 10 months of antorus. and like 6-7 between 7.3.5 and Battle. The fact they arent keeping the 77 day schedule anymore proves theyre listening and wanna try and release antorus at the right time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I bet the alpha/beta will be shorter than legion. Theyre release it after 7.3.5 and maybe a summer release. I'm honestly not expecting more than 10 months of antorus. and like 6-7 between 7.3.5 and Battle. The fact they arent keeping the 77 day schedule anymore proves theyre listening and wanna try and release antorus at the right time.
    it can be 9 months with the 77days rule
    next week raid
    feb 2018 7.3.5
    may 2018 something
    ag/sep 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Legion alpha (what we typically thought of as beta was split into an alpha-beta cycle as far as player-testers were concerned) was not available until after the end of 2015. Sure it was playable at BlizzCon but so is BfA.

EDIT: Forgot about the incredibly small tester pool that was given alpha invites after BlizzCon. You know, the people who were going to get them exposure, streamers and the like.
    Uh, no. That's not how the Legion ALpha worked.

People who killed Mythic Archimonde before a certain date got an Alpha Invite, and it was not small by any means.

More than ~700 guilds.

Deleted
    Release date: September 2018

One streamer interviewed/spoke to J Allen Brack and apparently he confirmed Antorus to be coming on the 28th. Given I doubt they'll make the alpha public while Mythic progression is still going and the Holiday period (which Blizzard are generally generous with) and then 7.3.5 to be tested on the PTR (which will no doubt require plenty of attention with old world scaling and the new BG), I wouldn't expect any public testing to start until February at the latest, March more realistically.

Was optimistic about a mid year release earlier; now it feels more likely it will be October with September at the earliest.

it can be 9 months with the 77days rule
    next week raid
    feb 2018 7.3.5
    may 2018 something
    ag/sep 8.0
    77 days rule has already been broken with Antorus release.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    yeah the 7.3.2 f**ked all timeline

raid is 28/11/2017

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275497/a...-november-28th

Legion alpha/beta was an outlier with basically redesigning every spec from the ground up, in total it lasted 9 months but beta only lasted like 3. I'd expect a more normal 4-6 month beta with BfA, so we'll see when that releases.

They are shooting for an early 2018 beta. Expect it to run a little longer, like Legion. Though, with that being said it did take them 9 months from Legion accouncement for the beta to go live. Legion was accounced in August 2015, beta went live in May 2016. If BFA works the same way (Let's hope it doesn't) we won't get beta until August 2018, which is obviously not "early" 2018, so we'll have to see.

To add to this, I anticipate the way they will counter the typical year+ drought is with patches like 7.3.5 and we will still be raiding Antorus for a year. I don't ever remember Ion saying we weren't going to be raiding the same content for a year, just that we would have content to do ie: 7.3.5.
    Last edited by Veldoranz; 2017-11-05 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    They are shooting for an early 2018 beta. Expect it to run a little longer, like Legion. Though, with that being said it did take them 9 months from Legion accouncement for the beta to go live. Legion was accounced in August 2015, beta went live in May 2016. If BFA works the same way (Let's hope it doesn't) we won't get beta until August 2018, which is obviously not "early" 2018, so we'll have to see.

To add to this, I anticipate the way they will counter the typical year+ drought is with patches like 7.3.5 and we will still be raiding Antorus for a year. I don't ever remember Ion saying we weren't going to be raiding the same content for a year, just that we would have content to do ie: 7.3.5.
    Well yea, beta was only 3 months for legion, but in total, public testing took nine, with alpha launching late late Nov. Whenever it launches it'll be probably closer to the norm of 5ish months.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    look my signature they announce legion on 6 nov 2015 while is was live on 30/08/2016
    Remember that Legion had lot of class specific quests/instances. Every single order hall need proper testing. Also there was huuge class rework. First months of Alpha they mostly introduced new specs every week. BfA don't need so long testing.

I'm pretty sure it will be released around September, right after Summer break. For sure they are certain that it will launch before Blizzcon - otherwise they wouldn't release cinematic so soon.

Beta, if you really mean beta, will begin about 6 to 7 months from now as recent WOW history tells us.