Poll: Will you follow King Anduin?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    So what all options would you have listed? I went for the three I've seen most often in forums: some like him, some feel he's too soft and want their leader to be more badass, and some are passionate Horde who wouldn't support an Alliance leader regardless. I did not intentionally leave any options out, but one person is never going to think of everything. Luckily we have a comment section where you're not restricted by what I came up with.
    You might be surprised. I know I'm very far from being alone in "Anduin might have been to soft in the past, but new Varian is not my leader". Seriously, Varian was one of the very few things I truly detested in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    You might be surprised. I know I'm very far from being alone in "Anduin might have been to soft in the past, but new Varian is not my leader". Seriously, Varian was one of the very few things I truly detested in WotLK.
    Elaborate on "new Varian". I do remember Varian expressing many times in WoLK that Horde couldn't be trusted, only good Horde was dead, etc. Same kind of stuff Jaina says today, when ironically she used to be the one calming Varian. Putting this in perspective, Varian had been a slave in Horde gladiator pens, hadn't he? Something like that?

But Anduin has never expressed those sentiments. Anduin reached out to Baine after his father died and the Grimtotem rebelled. After Broken Shore, when Velen counseled cooperation with the Horde while Jaina counseled revenge, Anduin sided with Velen. There was conflict later, but if you played the rogue order hall campaign, you know that happened in part because SI:7 had been infiltrated by a dreadlord.

All we know about BfA so far is that the Horde attack Teldrassil and the Alliance attack Undercity. We do not know a lot about what each was reacting to when they made those decisions. When the truth comes out, I suspect we'll find an Old God at the bottom of it all.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The boy-king sounds like someone who could be good leader. Still with the Banshee Queen... for now. We will see how they will both progress.

As if you have any choice on anything.. you just do whatever your quest tells you to do.. we could have a quest that literally asks you to go hunt down and slay 10 orphans that fled into the woods to escape aggressive caretakers and almost everyone would just click accept and go do what is told for some gold or an armor upgrade item.

You cannot really "Roleplay" in this game. Unless you do not care about character progression or half finished quest lines.

So what all options would you have listed? I went for the three I've seen most often in forums: some like him, some feel he's too soft and want their leader to be more badass, and some are passionate Horde who wouldn't support an Alliance leader regardless.
    Those options are good for me. And when you have something to add, you can just reply to the thread.

Personally, I never had problem with Anduin, but I never liked his father Varian at all. However I don't think that Anduin's (for some people soft) nature is a real problem here anyway. He is different than all of the other uninteresting warrior/paladin dumbass copy-pasted holy honest saint tough courageous Scourge-battling characters that Alliance has produced over the years, and I am totally fine with it. I just don't get why should HE lead the Alliance? I mean, him leading the Kingdom is fine and logical but there are far more experienced people to lead the whole faction, right?

And at the same time, there is this other red faction that just had what.. 4 leaders replaced by another? ... In a row! I play mostly Alliance these days, but story-wise I am a horde fan. The Alliance will get everything on a silver plate every single time... Varian and Tirion doesn't count, there are plenty of the uninteresting warrior/paladin dumbass copy-pasted holy honest saint tough courageous Scourge-battling old white-haired human males left.

Id play both sides. and i like what Blizz is doing for Anduin

Deleted
    All we know about BfA so far is that the Horde attack Teldrassil and the Alliance attack Undercity. We do not know a lot about what each was reacting to when they made those decisions. When the truth comes out, I suspect we'll find an Old God at the bottom of it all.
    Do we have a canon source setting burning Teldrassil clearly before siege of Undercity?
    So far I've read several claims that:
    1. Sylvie "tries" to attack Stormwind, whatever that means
    2. Anduin responds by laying siege to her seat and apparently succeeding
    3. Horde burns Teldrassil.

This scenario still leaves a lot to speculation, since I can't say from "Sylvie tries to attack SW" that Anduin was right (by my personal standards) to take the fight to her.

WotLK Varian was Garry's long lost twin brother. He started some character development in ICC after Saurfang Jr's final death and by the time of MoP he was already telling Tyrande to calm her pair when Horde tried to provoke her to causing collateral damage to a Pandaren temple. Jaina has been nuked into a change of heart. Anduin was always very careful not to judge the Horde too fast - but the cinematic -
    and even more so that retarded pep talk to the Alliance just before reveal at Blizzcon - these make me suspect the new writers are forcefully transforming Anduin into WotLK-Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stick to following Mekatorque. Well, Baine first...and Rokhan. THEN Mekatorque...
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-11-06 at 04:05 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I think he has personally grown a lot as a character and I am very interested to see where they take him, As someone who currently plays mostly a Paladin I'm jealous that he is a priest and has on plate armor that I want.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

I'd prefer Alliance to ditch the monarchy and follow ms Jaina Proudmoore.
    Would set for a much less predictable and interesting story.

Anduin's privileged life will never raise a good person.
    Kings and queens, princes and glorious leaders, they all become megalomaniacs just as IRL due to their uprising.

I voted for the alliance, I've never liked this whole "high king" thing other than a military role. Also, I'm holding judgement on Anduin's new development; If he is actually starting to make these decisions himself or if it's just Jaina and/or Greymane whispering in his ear.

I want an Old God to bust out of Anduin like the alien bug thing from Men in Black

15+ Year Old Account
    Got a feeling he's going to be the first major homosexual in wow.

I dont like that he is being Manipulated by Greymane. I can't support him in this war if he was the aggressor.

Deleted
    Anduin has proven to be a very powerful and wise leader, with him, the victory is assured.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I dont like that he is being Manipulated by Greymane. I can't support him in this war if he was the aggressor.
    I'm sure the horde started this conflict, like everyone in the past (And Greymane has all rights to return back his own city in Guilneas).

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    Well iam 38 so when my parents conceived me the cuckoo bird was prolly still alive lol!

But still why does he bow to him and take advice from him when he should outrank him in every conceivable way? Why does the King of Stormwind seem to outrank everyone in the Alliance?

The human kingdoms are city states not countries!
    Why would genn out rank aduin? He has no kingdom and less people the only thing genn has over aduin is age and body hair.

Anduin is the best faction leader hands down. Watching him grow up has been phenomenal.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    the boy king will tell us 3 lies, and serves at the masters table, we all know where this is heading already, i aint trustin no old god pawn. but then again we dont have a choice
    Why in the world do people hold to what old gods say, I’m still waiting for my heart to explode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    You're acting as if he's ever been an officially neutral character. He's always been Alliance, just willing to talk rather than fight.

I just wish he was more 'priesty' than Varian 2.0 in that cutscene.
    He does act like a priest, throwing down his sword to heal his ally’s instead of just ignoring the injured and fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I'll follow High Tinker Gelblin Mekkatorque wherever he goes. If that means I need to farm Azerite all expansion, then fuck yeah, that's what I'm doing.

Wait .. Kind Anduin? Whodat?