Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Pretty much every expansion brought something new and fresh to the game, with the annoucement of Battle for Azeroth, expansion already feels unispired with nothing new and exciting (at least for me), anyone else got that feeling? Ye sure we get 6 new races, so what? Races change nothing to gameplay content you just run with different passives and racials which means literaly nothing. We got pretty much thesame content as in Legion with new names...

Even WoD as bad and shitty as it was had something new like garrisons and it doesnt matter if this was bad or good, still it was there! For me this seems like WoW is becoming money machine, just milk it as much as possible before we give it free to play.
    Did you watch the announcements? This whole post is retarded, they are adding a ton of new type of content.
    Warfronts
    Island Exploration
    Fun new races and lands to explore.
    Fun new playable races. (Can't wait to race change my Hunter to Nightborne and level Zandalari Shaman and make a Dark Iron Mage).
    I'm pretty sure Legion was the turning point for Wow, they reorganized their teams and the wow team is bigger than ever. We will be drowning in new lore and gameplay / models / effects / experiences than ever before. All the content that is already overwhelming on one character, not to mention alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Did you watch the announcements? This whole post is retarded, they are adding a ton of new type of content.
    Warfronts
    Island Exploration
    Fun new races and lands to explore.
    Fun new playable races. (Can't wait to race change my Hunter to Nightborne and level Zandalari Shaman and make a Dark Iron Mage).
    I'm pretty sure Legion was the turning point for Wow, they reorganized their teams and the wow team is bigger than ever. We will be drowning in new lore and gameplay / models / effects / experiences than ever before. All the content that is already overwhelming on one character, not to mention alts.
    Bwahahahahahahaha
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Have you ever heard of WoW classic or Vanilla? Back then when the game was fucking awesome there were a lot of focus on the battle Alliance Vs Horde, and in the process we had a lot of REALLY GOOD content, RAIDS, bosses and all of that. So did you watched or were there in blizzcon this year?

There is just no fuckin way they have no new ideas.

In my opinion from what I saw this next xpack is promissing and will be fucking awesome in a lot of aspects. So sorry, no, they are NOT at all running out of ideas or whatever people started already of saying shit about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Give up, man. These people are determined to hate whatever Blizzard announce. They think being negative amateur critics makes them cool.
    I dont hate everything they announce, in fact Ive looked forward to every expansion and most everything Ive said negatively was based on them taking too long to release the expansions or cutting announced features. However this time Im very angry at the direction they are going. Unless there is a lot they havent told us, it looks like BfA is going to be an 80% PVP expansion, and I along with the overwhelming majority of players HATE PVP, hence why there so many more PVE servers than PVP ones, and the PVP ones are virtually ghost towns which is why they are always sharding PVE players onto PVP ones.

Face it, the majority of players dont play WoW for PVP. PVP has ALWAYS been an afterthought in WoW. People who only play one faction also do not want an expansion where only half of the content is available to them (Alliance only zones, and Horde only zones). They couldve made the expansion about literally almost anything else and I wouldve been excited. Hogger as the main bad? Sure!, The Void? Sure!, Another mysterious island found like Pandaria? Sure!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    The lore, and thus the game, is well known to the developers many years before the release of the game.

Remember what ghostcrawler said about WoD. He knew it since TBC if I am not mistaken.

So, no, they are not out of ideas. They just follow what has been written for Warcraft

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Pretty much every expansion brought something new and fresh to the game, with the annoucement of Battle for Azeroth, expansion already feels unispired with nothing new and exciting (at least for me), anyone else got that feeling? Ye sure we get 6 new races, so what? Races change nothing to gameplay content you just run with different passives and racials which means literaly nothing. We got pretty much thesame content as in Legion with new names...

Even WoD as bad and shitty as it was had something new like garrisons and it doesnt matter if this was bad or good, still it was there! For me this seems like WoW is becoming money machine, just milk it as much as possible before we give it free to play.
    From that perspective, they haven't brought much new to the game in a very, very long time...not just the next expansion.

Tell me what is truly new in Legion compared to past expansions? Pretty much just the increasingly irrelevant artifact tree. That's it...everything else had been done before. Class Halls were just Garrisons 2.0. We've been given a new class every other expansion (except for WoD who skipped the cycle).

What was truly new in WoD? Pretty much just the World of Clickcraft...er, Garrisons. That's it...everything else had been done before. It also happened to be the first expansion that didn't give us a new race or new class.

What was truly new in MoP? Pretty much just scenarios and farms. That's it...everything else had been done before. We've been given a new race or class every previous expansion.

What was truly new in Cata? Pretty much just a revamp of the original world and the addition of archaeology. We've been given new races in an earlier expansion.

Which brings us to the 2 expansions that really provided a lot of new things. BC was the first time new races, new mounts, flying, new spells, new zones (starter and ending), a new capital, new PvP BGs, arena, new professions, and heroic dungeons were added. Wrath was the first time new class, dual starting zones for the new continent, new arenas, dedicated world PvP zone, and inscription were added.

People are forgetting the whole toggle world pvp thing. This thing could either revive world pvp or completely kill it. I'm pretty sure the new zones are forcing alliance and horde on same areas alot more than legion. It feels like they are changing the way servers work. With sharding its rare that you will end up on empty shard unless other shards are full. And with sharding they can easily balance the horde alliance ratio too. World pvp was a thing in vanilla, ppl loved it then. I'm atleast expecting to see alot of russians grouping up and pissing on ppl on pvp side. They seem to like that alot.

do people forget that this expansion will also go deeper into old gods? and we prob get alot more history about the old gods as well as many other things.. i am personally super excited for the expansion. And i want it to come Sooner

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    This "problem" comes from a power creep.

In Legion we reached a point where we're fighting Titans (well, avatars), space-travelling and so on. However, in BfA we're going back to fighting each other and other Azerothian races.

But many see this as a downgrade, as relatively mundane stuff akin to collecting 10 bear asses in Silverpine, enough people want even more grandiose and pumped up stuff than Titans and their avatars.

Comics that are being published for a long time have the same issue.
    its exactly this
    its the problem mangas have too.
    Once you can blow up a planet with a whisper or an energy ball without powering up..where the fuck do you go from there?
    Exactly like wow, i am meant to believe that my char - the ashbringer wielding highlord that will be fighting sargeras and whispers of maddening gods will be sent back to azeroth to fight over silly objectives and resources with shitty npcs and players?
    i probably wont sub

Quote Originally Posted by Erratic Monkey View Post
    That's different though that was just with the theme of the expansion not the gameplay, although they probably could've improved that a little bit too. Really it all comes down to a skill called discernment to know what would work and what wouldn't with what people are saying. I think that's what blizzard is missing, discernment.
    Yes, they surely lack discernment in what will work and not...

Meanwhile: The success of WoW says hello, 13 years down the line with the game still generating billion-figures in revenue...

Deleted
    Overwatch: Team A vs Team B
    HotS: Team A vs Team B
    Hearthstone: Player A vs Player B
    BFA: Team A (Alliance) vs Team B (Horde)

It's all down to red vs blue bois. win or lose. us or they. black or white.

Its gonna be so fun to do world quests again as max level content when we reach 120(after already doing them for 2 years) i cant wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Its gonna be so fun to do world quests again as max level content when we reach 120(after already doing them for 2 years) i cant wait.
    dude, the fun will be at leveling up your artifact!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Well, would be hell of a lot more than just saying: Oi, you must hate the other faction, they be your enemy now!
    Jesus fuck, are you guys so fucking oblivious that you don't see all the clues leading to Void Lords since the very fucking beginning of Legion up till the tentacles on the panel presentation of BfA ?

The corruption in the Titan Raid that we'll be exploring ? Azshara ? Ring any bells ?

I've seen this brought up literally every expansion except maybe the first; it's an old wheel spun. I'm sure by now some people have at least picked up that features and changes are better in increments than wholly revamping and renewing every cycle. The last time I played an expansion for more than a month was way back in Cata, and even then I was starting to play less. However, as a person who has rarely played the new "features and changes" are incredibly apparent every time I play again. The thing is, they're constantly building on the systems they already have in place.

Honestly the only thing I can see where they've messed up on is ditching their big features every expansion. For instance, removing your artifact weapon for this expansion is going to make no sense lore-wise and mechanically difficult due to balancing around them. Your big legendary weapon getting replaced by a generic green weapon for killing 10 guys is going to feel pretty awful if they go that route.

Deleted
    Thread: Are MMO-C crybabies out of ideas for new WoW whine?

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    This "problem" comes from a power creep.

In Legion we reached a point where we're fighting Titans (well, avatars), space-travelling and so on. However, in BfA we're going back to fighting each other and other Azerothian races.

But many see this as a downgrade, as relatively mundane stuff akin to collecting 10 bear asses in Silverpine, enough people want even more grandiose and pumped up stuff than Titans and their avatars.

Comics that are being published for a long time have the same issue.
    For me it's more the going back to the same old well for Alliance vs Horde war. Trying to keep the Orcs vs Humans as the forefront which was supposedly the subplot of Cataclysm and more focused in MoP, but it didn't pan out. And it CANNOT pan out because any victory would eliminate or completely alter half the player base. For that reason, it's a fool's errand in my eyes to keep going back to it.

Legion established Class Order Halls. To me, that should have established that the players, as adventurers and members of these Orders, are no longer bound to their respective faction's politics. In other words, post-Legion should have taken us to a different familiar theme: Classic's theme of being adventurers.

Alliance and Horde could have been in a cold war scenario while Forsaken and Gilneans are in a more open conflict, but not large scale enough for the rest to go all in. Sort of like real world situations where the orcs openly say they don't approve of Sylvanas' actions and Stormwind denounces Gilneas' latest strike at Lordaeron, but they don't entirely pull support from their allies either.

Kul'Tiras could have been in conflict with Zandalar, and players could have been drawn in on either side of the conflict without it being all about Horde vs Alliance. The Order Halls could be doing old style adventure and exploration when they discover the conflict.

NE and Orcs could have a renewed conflict in Ashenvale without drawing in Ironforge and the others as well.

This could have also allowed for storylines involving tension within the factions. NEs frustrated that the Alliance isn't offering more than supplies or the Forsaken feeling that the orcs aren't honoring their agreement in support against Gilnease by supplying warriors.

OR.... new zones could all just have their own stories and conflicts that the adventurers get tangled up in rather than every zone contributing to an overarching story.

Think about Classic WoW. None of the zones really fed into a conflict elsewhere. There wasn't an escalating plot thread from Molten Core to Blackwing Lair to Anh'Qiraj to Naxxramas. They were separate threats that cropped up.

While the overarching story has become more common with Blizzard, a post-Legion expansion might have been a good time to explore that Classic design as a way of taking a breather after Legion and giving a sensation that the adventurers are able to sort of relax and deal with day to day problems or pursue exploration of new islands, etc. rather than going straight into war.

This would also allow Blizzard to plant some seeds and slowly build up to a new threat or new all out war if they're adamant about it rather than war breaking out at what seems like the most idiotic time possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    saying "how unique" to erything is just dumb. It is a fucking MMO
    Which was exactly my point, since his response to island invasions and warfronts was that it was "nothing unique" because we have had scearios and raids, while seemingly believing that every expansion prior had overflowed with new and unique content.

The story has been on-going since 1994. We're reaching its conclusion having defeated one threat after another, to the point where our characters are practically gods. We're defeating titans, the burning legion and taking the fight to the void lords. You can't expect it to go on forever.

As for content outside of questing and raiding (which is where the story is told), no - they've got a whole old world they can revamp and spice up and various modes they can look into e.g. expanding mythic+ or CMs or both to all old content (use your imagination).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for milking the game, they have 140+ people on the development and support team. That's not the way to milk a game by anyone's definition.
    I don't know if this was mentioned, but Art Director Chris Robinson talked about close to 100 members in the art team alone. That isn't milking by any means.