Poll: So, which ones?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would opt to fix bugs, and potentially add autoloot, since (1) bugs are annoying and (2) autoloot doesn't affect gameplay or imo nostalgia. Whereas character models or NPC mechanics or game functions will affect my memories.

Either way - Keep it the same as original. I do fear once Blizzard changes one thing they tend to change 10 or 20 other things under the same internal memo, break stuff, repair it and the end result is never the same.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-11-05 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the people who start talking about Classic from a raiding perspective. Yeah, raiding was the pinnacle of the game. That it was there, waiting for you, drove a lot of the game. But hardly anyone actually did it. Most classic players never saw more than the start of MC, if that. If tons of people come back for Classic, it won't be just to go raid.
    Impeach the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Transmog is a very big feature, one that wasn't added until years later. It doesn't fit classic because it would drastically change the feel of the game.
    The game needs to behave like it did back then, at least on the surface, otherwise the players that really want classic servers will not be happy. Some change can be good or even necessary but we're talking more about "under the hood" type features that doesn't really interfere with how the game is perceived (like for example updating the macro system to the modern one) or things that only affect you personally (like making soul shards stack for example).

Adding completely new features is a big no no in my book. Tweaking game systems so that they make sense is more okay, things that they were probably thinking about fixing back in 2006 but didn't and instead pushed to 2.0.
    It’s not a new feature. EQ2 had it in 2004 and should have been with Vanilla at launch too. Also how someone chooses to dress their character is none of your business and you should respect that.

If I had to pick between a slippery slope of adding QOL features and fixing bug fixes only, I'd pick the latter. So many things made WoW feel like less of an RPG, like dungeon finder, new talent trees, being able to mow down whole packs of mobs at a time etc... If they do nothing other than fixing bugs I'll be happy. Potions, bandages, buffs, running out of mana, these things all need to matter.

However, something should be done if it turns out that class composition is 33% rogues, 33% warriors, and 33% everything else. That won't be fun.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2017-11-05 at 11:43 PM.

Deleted
    Beta Paladin.
    As far as I know, Paladin was fine in Beta. Than suddenly they crushed the entire class horrible right before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    It wasn’t essential. And why should you get to dictate what someone else wears on THEIR character? Plus if they choose to xmog it you can see what they’ve done lol. You need a better excuse not to add it.
    Because it's Classic WoW and that's the way it was. You identified what the person did based on what they wore. The live game is there for you to dress whichever way you so choose, but if you want to play an authentic experience you have to suck it up, cupcake.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would like graphics as an option, bug fixes, loot stuff, and some minor class balancing. Can take or leave mount/pet collecting. Maybe transmoging, but make it an end game reward, like beating KT or getting Grand Marshall/High Warlord

But LFR/Dungeon finder... keep that shit far FAR FAR away from my Classic.
    Last edited by DrIvoRobotnik; 2017-11-05 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Because it's Classic WoW and that's the way it was. You identified what the person did based on what they wore. The live game is there for you to dress whichever way you so choose, but if you want to play an authentic experience you have to suck it up, cupcake.
    Agreed, no transmog. Barbie dress-up is a fun feature, but it's in live in case you want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    However, something should be done if it turns out that class composition is 33% rogues, 33% warriors, and 33% everything else. That won't be fun.
    Which is funny because Rogues weren't the best in instanced PVP as most of them lone-wolfed way too much. Shaman/Paladins, Mages, Hunters and even Priests were all better in group PVP. Hell, reckoning Paladins packed Rogue's lunches.

Oh boy, the one thing I can see from this poll is that no matter what they do, most people will be unhappy with it.

Welp, that's WoW for you I guess.

I honestly didn't realise HOW BIG a can of worms classic servers might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh boy, the one thing I can see from this poll is that no matter what they do, most people will be unhappy with it.

My guess is people will be unhappy if they can't use the original client so with some people they can't win

I wrote this in another thread already, but the only common denominator among people that pushed for Classic servers to happen, is that they want vanilla.

The only way Blizzard can "win" is if they give us just pure vanilla (with fixes for game breaking bugs and exploits at most). Some people might be disappointed that they didn't also get the additional feature that they also wanted, but at least they've got vanilla.

Once you open Pandora’s Box of additional features, you won't be able to close it again and at some point the core experience will just be altered too much to be called "Classic".

And even if people think that their preferred feature wouldn't destroy the game; just look at what the cross-realm mechanic did to the way the game is nowadays - hardly anyone back then saw this coming and I think that additional non-vanilla stuff should be avoided even if it seemingly doesn't even affect the gameplay.

better servers and major bug fixes only. no modern QoL or graphics please. it should feel like turning on an old game from 12 years ago and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Yeah, Bug/Exploit fixing is the only safe thing that can happen to the Classic Servers.
    I agree that bugs and exploits should be fixed; that process will no doubt continue after the classic servers are up. That could include any coding improvements so that encounters do not lag.

Fix the bugs, and personally auto loot toggle in the interface. Doesn't really affect the feel and makes life more bearable than having to shift right click each corpse.

Deleted
    Reminder that Vanilla WoW had a functional (albeit shitty for a number of reasons) LFG System in the form of Meeting Stones up until the TBC prepatch. You would click on the Meeting Stone and get put in a queue, you would then AUTOMATICALLY be grouped with 1 tank/1 healer/3 DPS of a hopefully-kind-of-appropriate-level for the dungeon.

The problem here was the level ranges this system used were pretty large, as were the level ranges of actual mobs in dungeons. Think about the first half of Deadmines compared to the boat. So if everyone was on the lower range of the "Recommended Level", you were going to have a bad time. Which is why this system wasn't really used.

Oh, and it also didn't always work, sometimes you could queue for hours. But hey, it was an adventure! Right?

Instead what they should really do is add the current Premade Group Finder. Obviously, no cross-server, but you can form your groups from anywhere in the world, instead of having to "epically" idle in your capital and "heroically" spam General chat for your healer/tank. So you can, you know, actually play the game, and when you've gotten 5 people together you can make your way to the dungeon.

But that wasn't in Vanilla, so I guess not. All aboard the Meeting Stone LFG!

Bug fixes and "modern" macro support. Having to make scripts kinda sucks.

Deleted

I think the issue is more with the current gamer's mentality that every games should be catered to their needs and changed to fit their desires. It simply wasn't the philosophy back then.

Let's hope blizzard won't try to do the very thing that lead wow to its current state (eg trying to cater to everyone).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I think the issue is more with the current gamer's mentality that every games should be catered to their needs and changed to fit their desires. It simply wasn't the philosophy back then.

Let's hope blizzard won't try to do the very thing that lead wow to its current state (eg trying to cater to everyone).
    The MMO Locusts have already arrived. These people are the folks who go to the forums of EVERY MMO before it comes out. They demand that the game have all the features they have grown accustomed to in current WoW. Then when the devs inevitably change the game because of the massive outcry they proclaim that the game is "Too much like WoW" and vanish from the community. Happened in almost every AAA released since Warcraft came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I have to dispute that, WoW was intentionally pitched as a casual, more convenient and less grindy version of Everquest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.