Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Mechagnomes and Sand Gnomes both exist.

Sand Gnomes are Jawas.
    Mechagnomes wouldn't join the alliance, they serve the Titan keepers. Why would a Titan keeper have them join a side?

Sand gnomes are just gnomes. There is nothing to them. They could possibly have the pygmy race....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Mechagnomes wouldn't join the alliance, they serve the Titan keepers. Why would a Titan keeper have them join a side?
    A group of Mechagnomes split off from control of titans becoming properly self aware. They search for something similar to themselves, discover Gnomes of Gnomeregan and contact them. Alliance Joined.

Sand gnomes are just gnomes. There is nothing to them. They could possibly have the pygmy race....
    And Dark Iron Dwarves are 'just Dwarves'

No reason why a primitive group of gnomes couldn't have some proper lore written for them.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kastore Arcannet View Post
    Hey everyone!

At Blizzcon was noted that some other allied races will be revaled further.

What do you think about that allied races? Would they be quete more different then prior six?

If we talk about the Horde, I think that many of us thought about brown-skinned mag'hars (and some people about fel orcs, of course). However, I see another option. But in order to clarify it, I will make a small intro.

In fact, now many of us have been given what they have long asked for - the high elves. For a long time, in 2012 my friend and I fantasized how we could add them. Perhaps by making the blood elves a neutral race and allowing them to heal from the contamination that affected them. Or the high elves could start in parallel with the blood elves. But along with this idea, I noted that high elves can't be added in their standard form, because some players will not understand and will not accept this, calling it a copypaste. I supposed, thet in contrary to worgen high elves could have some 'blessing shape' from Naaru, for example... and almost guessed.

So the dream of a large group of players of the alliance came true with void elves. But what about the other fan lobby from the other side? Since Cataclysm Blizzard told us that they want to add ogres to the Horde. Yes, they are not orcs, but in fact, let's answer the following question: are nightborn the descendants or differ breed of blood elves? I think they're not. Moreover, they are rather their ancestors. And they are a kind of night elves.

So what am I talking about? As we know, ogres are the ancestors of the orcs. As well as vrykul are the ancestors of humans. And although these races are quite different from their descendants, they have a blood relationship with them.

Let me remind you that this is my opinion and it would be interesting for me to hear your views on the concept of allied races and their new species in the future.
    Well they did say upright orcs are coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Alliance: Furbolg, Broken draenei, jinyu, vrykul, half-elves, Wildhammer dwarves, Frostborn dwarves, Gilnean humans, Kul Tiran humans, feral worgen, mechagnomes, sand gnomes, high elves
    Not going to happen, unless Blizzard pulls a faction merger out of nowhere. Plus, there's Void Elves now.

High Elves are pretty much Blood Elves and so it’s unlikely they will be a playable race.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Hey everyone!

What do you think about that allied races? Would they be quete more different then prior six?

If we talk about the Horde, I think that many of us thought about brown-skinned mag'hars (and some people about fel orcs, of course). However, I see another option. But in order to clarify it, I will make a small intro.

In fact, now many of us have been given what they have long asked for - the high elves. For a long time, in 2012 my friend and I fantasized how we could add them. Perhaps by making the blood elves a neutral race and allowing them to heal from the contamination that affected them. Or the high elves could start in parallel with the blood elves. But along with this idea, I noted that high elves can't be added in their standard form, because some players will not understand and will not accept this, calling it a copypaste. I supposed, thet in contrary to worgen high elves could have some 'blessing shape' from Naaru, for example... and almost guessed.

So the dream of a large group of players of the alliance came true with void elves. But what about the other fan lobby from the other side? Since Cataclysm Blizzard told us that they want to add ogres to the Horde. Yes, they are not orcs, but in fact, let's answer the following question: are nightborn the descendants or differ breed of blood elves? I think they're not. Moreover, they are rather their ancestors. And they are a kind of night elves.

So what am I talking about? As we know, ogres are the ancestors of the orcs. As well as vrykul are the ancestors of humans. And although these races are quite different from their descendants, they have a blood relationship with them.

Let me remind you that this is my opinion and it would be interesting for me to hear your views on the concept of allied races and their new species in the future.
    Witch ones would could see ( not talking lore wise) but easy to make wise:

High elfs ( lore wise and seeing that we have void elfs...kinda not high on the list), half orcs ( for both alliance and hord) on-corrupted orc, all 1001 versions of dwarfs and gnomes and tauren to start with. Maybe some ex legion space goats or broken?

Hey everyone!

Alliance
    Humans - Vrykul
    Dwarves - Wildhammer (But they already have Dark Iron, so I'm not sure)
    Gnomes - N/A
    Night Elves - ???
    Worgen - Kul'Tiran Humans because Kul'Tiras is actually an ancient Gilneas settlement

Horde
    Orcs - I want Mok'Nathal. (Go look up Rexxar in Heroes of the Storm)
    Trolls - Zandalari
    Tauren - Highmountain
    Forsaken - ???
    Blood Elves - Nightborne
    Goblins - Hobgoblins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    I like that Idea, so we could have both playable, but i see some problems there..

1. in our Universe, High Arakkoa are extinct. We only have the Cursed ones in Outland, so we cant have both unless they will find a cure for their Curse maybe.
    2. Remaining AU Draenor High and Cursed Arakkoa united and formed the Order of the Awakened after the events in Spires of Arak. Would'nt make much sense maybe to split them again into Horde and Alliance.

But im the last person who is against playable Arakkoa lol. Would love to see both playable, but not sure how it could work with that background.
    Well I was just figuring with everything Blizzard has done there is no reason we can't recruit from anywhere and everywhere to survive.

But maybe the combined efforts of the Blood Elves and Nightborne they found a cure, but naturally only saved it for their faction. Or can be something as simple as the Sunwell helped them.

Disclaimer: All my thoughts could be 100% wrong. Here are my thoughts about Allied Races:
    • Races like Arakkoa, Botani, Saberon and outland/draenor races are less likely to be Allied Races due to their purpose for Battle for Azeroth as they are not denizens of Azeroth.
    • Ancestor/Descendant races are more likely to be chosen as Allied Races compared to races like Furbolg and Vulpera.
    • Races with mounting difficulties like Cenarian, Centaur and Naga are less likely to be Allied Races.
    • Blizzard is less likely going to populate the game with so many Allied Races.
    • Races like Black/Brown-skinned Orcs, Kul’tiras Humans and Wildhammer Dwarves can just be extra customization without adding them to Allied Races.
    • For people that say Ogres, I think Blizzard can take the simple route by making female Ogres with just female Orcs with horns (?) and matching color skin to male Ogres, just like what they did with the Zandalari Trolls (since the female version is just the same as female Trolls).

If we go by matching races, this is how I see them:

Alliance
    • Draenei: Lightforged Draenei
    • Dwarf: Dark Iron Dwarf
    • Gnome: N/A
    • Human: Vrykul (match Tauren size?)
    • Night Elf: Void Elf (just for the sake of pairing)
    • Pandaren: N/A
    • Worgen: Worgen (Night Elf version)

Horde
    • Blood Elf: Nightborne
    • Forsaken: Forsaken Elf (most likely) or Forsaken Human
    • Goblin: N/A
    • Orc: Ogre (match Tauren size?; female version is just a female Orc)
    • Pandaren: N/A
    • Tauren: Highmountain Tauren
    • Troll: Zandalari Troll

Allied Races will probably be released in mirrored batches, I guess.
    Options I'd really want to see implemented:

Tirasian Humans (A) - Magh'ar Orcs (H)
    More basic options for the most iconic races.

Wildhammer Dwarves (A) - Dragonmaw Orcs (H)
    Our allies in the Twilight Highlands, bitter rivals.

Broken Draenai (A) - Amani Trolls (H)
    Splinter groups which are already part of their main factions (Nobundo's Broken - Revantusk tribe).

Frostborn Dwarves (A) - Taunka (H)
    Our Allies in the North.

Halfelves (A) - Mok'Nathal (H)
    Halfblood races which are already in their respective factions (Arator, Rexxar etc).

Leper Gnomes (A) - Forsaken Elves (H)
    Corrupted and gloomy races.

Going a bit more into crazy territory:

Vrykul (A) - Ogres (H)
    Both giants and both parents of our most iconic races.

Jinyu (A) - Hozen (H)
    Our allies in Pandaria, bitter rivals.
    Last edited by Oswen; 2017-11-09 at 01:20 AM.

I had an idea that if humans get an allied race of big kul'tirasians, then Forsaken could have them too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well I was just figuring with everything Blizzard has done there is no reason we can't recruit from anywhere and everywhere to survive.

But maybe the combined efforts of the Blood Elves and Nightborne they found a cure, but naturally only saved it for their faction. Or can be something as simple as the Sunwell helped them.
    Yea i'm in the same boat. There's always a way to explain and introduce new playable Races. But i hope they will not just shit on Arakkoa lore and give High Arakkoa to the Horde and Cursed ones to alliance just for the looks and without proper reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kencloudli View Post
    [*]Races like Black/Brown-skinned Orcs, Kul’tiras Humans and Wildhammer Dwarves can just be extra customization without adding them to Allied Races.
    I agree on most points, but Dark Iron, Lightforged and Highmountain would also fall into this category. Tirasian humans, however, are brand new models. They don't seem to have a strict set of rules that a new allied race has to follow.

In my opinion:

- Naga and ethereals are full races, they'd need starting zones and everything. They may even have access to a new class introduced with them. Adding them as allied races would be a waste.

- Ogres make sense as an allied race in the sense that there isn't much room for them to have a starting zone, and some of them are already part of the Horde. They are, however, on the more extreme end of what allied races can be, as they don't really have playable models (or females) at the moment.

- Tirasian humans are also new models, but the thing is, they already have them. There is artwork for large tirasian women, too, so those may be coming, in which case they're a very likely allied faction.

- Wildhammer and Mag'har are likely candidates. They may not want to add two dwarven allied races to the Alliance at once while the Horde gets four completely different races, but they could both be added in the future, along with tirasian and taunka to balance them out.

- Furbolgs, vrykul, arakkoa, hozen, broken, jinyu, amani and others aren't playable models, and like ogres would require a lot of work before they could become allied races. I think they're good candidates, but it's not likely we'll get them anytime soon.

- Allied races, while technically related to other races (sharing animations and such), don't have to be subraces of already playable races. Tortollan and vulpera could have been designed in a way that would allow them to be playable in the future. Tortollan wouldn't have to be neutral and vulperan wouldn't have to be Alliance to "counter" goblins. They could be implemented that way, but they wouldn't have to be.

Deleted
    Void dwarf. Saw post on that. Legit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Yea i'm in the same boat. There's always a way to explain and introduce new playable Races. But i hope they will not just shit on Arakkoa lore and give High Arakkoa to the Horde and Cursed ones to alliance just for the looks and without proper reason.
    The sunwell did it? Something I can easily see Blizzard going with lol

Last edited by ForTheLegion; 2017-11-10 at 12:28 AM.