Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Afghani farmers don’t seem to mind
    afghan is a rocky warzone that hasnt been controlled since alexander the great. You wanna live in mountains and shoot at armies, go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Worked well in Columbia too.
    Australia is a much closer approximation to the United States than Columbia is.

Unless you want to assert otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    And of course they'll work here. Why, look at how perfectly and effectively we've eliminated drugs and all drug-related crime simply by making illicit drugs illegal! Problem solved!
    We're not talking about drugs, we're talking about guns.

I provided an example of a modern, civilized country with a large population whose culture is similar in many respects to that of the United States that enacted strict gun laws that effectively and demonstrably curtailed the number of mass shootings and firearm related homicides.

All you provided in turn was a strawman.

Though to be fair, Australia's culture did differ from that of the US' in at least one major way when they instated those laws; Australia didn't expect "doing nothing" would solve the problem, as many people in the US think it apparently will.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15000 Americans are murdered every year. The country experiences over 300 mass shootings every year.

Elba: I want less Americans to die and having to live in fear. Like us in Europe.

MMO-C Off-Top: Elba is literally Hitler.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    If you don't own a gun you can't shoot people.

I can't legally buy a gun like the dude used to shoot up the church. Am I oppressed? News to me.

American law enforcement use violence against violent criminals every day. Sometimes they kill them. Is American law enforcement Hitler?
    We do not know yet how he got his firearms. For one, if it is true he was dishonorably discharged from the Military, by Federal law, he can not legally posses one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sorry, but that would not be fascism, but a Constitutional process outlined in the Constitution itself. But it is not going to happen anyway. So no worries.
    Fun fact - until the 1970s, the US had rational and constitutional controls over guns - backed entirely by the NRA.

Second fun fact - amendment is something can is a CHANGE, meaning it can be CHANGED - or is Alcohol still illegal in the USA ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, sorry, you are also an authoritarian, you just support a different form of oppression. You are on the "Muslim-control" side of things.
    I'm a lover not a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    stripping people of their rights is exactly what fascism means, elba is pushing for it
    "Not being allowed to drive drunk is fascism."

-Dmitro

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    "Not being allowed to drive drunk is fascism."

-Dmitro
    you dont have constitutional adendment that allows you to drive drunk.

THERE IS ONE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO OWN GUNS

how you not get it?

Okay I read that Your News Wire story from this thread and the other thread, I don't think anything from that article specifically was photoshopped but their "evidence" is an anonymous text message conversation which is highly suspicious at best. The content of the text messages is even worse, especially as there was only *one* shooter identified.

Does that count as evidence nowadays? Anonymous text messages saying something is true? YO OT: I HEARD THE SHOOTERS HAD UNICORNS FLYING OUT OF THEIR BUTTS! Go ahead and tell the world the gospel truth! You heard it here first!

BTW, it's amazing how people who pretend to be ''real Americans'' seems to have a PRETTY wonky theological worldview, in which weapons are a good thing to have into a church (while it's a fairly universal doctrine, including from dangerous SJW maniacs like the Spartans, the Romans and the Vikings that weapons in sacred places are a HUGE taboo)

10+ Year Old Account
    stripping people of their rights is exactly what fascism means, elba is pushing for it

- - - Updated - - -

once the government decides IT CAN STRIP us of our basic rights, its fascism, no matter how you spin it.

for example jews in germany were stripped of their citizenship, same process
    The process for amending a Constitutional right is not a simple matter of one Government doing it. It is a process which is hard to do. So it is not the same thing you are referring to. It takes 2/3 of Congress and 3/4 of the States to amend a Constitutional law.

how you not get it?
    Constitutions can be changed. Like all other laws. Yours has several times. The founding fathers never intended it to be permanently fixed.

how you not get it?
    There was also one that banned you from drinking alcohol ...

How can you not get it

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Yeah, people should really read up on the differences between fascism, authoritarianism, and totalitarianism. That applies to Americans in general honestly, not just this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There was also one that banned you from drinking alcohol ...

How can you not get it
    dont remember such constitutional amendment, may I have a look plz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact - until the 1970s, the US had rational and constitutional controls over guns - backed entirely by the NRA.

Second fun fact - amendment is something can is a CHANGE, meaning it can be CHANGED - or is Alcohol still illegal in the USA ?
    Sure it can happen. Never said it couldn't. But it is my prediction it will not in this case. Out of over 11,000 attempts to amend the Constitution, only 28 have been successful. With more and more States now becoming Constitutional carry ones, the odds are getting even more remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Put them on ignore. Problem solved.
    I never ignore anyone.

Actually I'm not even sure where the button is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well it actually banned the sale/transport/production of it, but not consumption. 18th Amendment bro, google that shiz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the prohibition amendment back in the early 1900's. Was a stupid one and did not take long for it to be repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Okay I read that Your News Wire story from this thread and the other thread, I don't think anything from that article specifically was photoshopped but their "evidence" is an anonymous text message conversation which is highly suspicious at best. The content of the text messages is even worse, especially as there was only *one* shooter identified.

[IMG]http://yournewswire.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/23318692_10156234861450715_2136781463_n.png[IMG]

Does that count as evidence nowadays? Anonymous text messages saying something is true? YO OT: I HEARD THE SHOOTERS HAD UNICORNS FLYING OUT OF THEIR BUTTS! Go ahead and tell the world the gospel truth! You heard it here first!
    They're just trying to salvage their failed conspiracy theory.