Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Apparently you didn't read far enough in the other thread. Tell me, what's your stance on yournewswire.com's report that Jay-Z was caught shape shifting on a united airlines flight?
    100% truth, reptilian shapeshifters have been living among us for some time

11, actually. Published 2006. The data still matters, though, since it's tracking the rates of firearms homicide and suicide immediately before and after the gun laws passed in 1996
    Then get me fresh data. Minus the cobwebs.

No, it's an academic journal, that pulled their data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, which is an Australian government statistical database.
    And its 11 years old. So is my broken wristwatch. 11 years old is out of date. This is 2017. Remember?

That there might be other factors that also affect suicide rates isn't something I've ever denied. Just that there's a direct correlation between gun ownership rates and suicide rates.
    But you dont actually know since the only data you can find is older than my wristwatch. Thanks for admitting it.

Not American. And you don't need to live somewhere to be able to understand statistical data. In fact, it makes it less likely you'll be biased about it, if anything.
    Well when you can find me current data that supports your BS commentary let me know. Biased? I know more on this particular matter than you ever will. My late wife was a nurse, I was a nurse and a volunteer emergency services officer, my background over the last three to five years has actually BEEN on this subject since I have been trying in vain to get someone to do something.

And still am.

Oh and btw today is a day I will remember for a long time.

Heres the headline:

HEROIC CIVILIAN: Mass killer stopped by armed bystander

So much for the liberal agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Who exactly finds the killing okay?
    Well, seems a great many people value some perceived freedom over human life. I mean if they didn't think it was ok - something would have been done to fix it.

The fix is pretty straight forward, if people start finding these things to be NOT okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    HEROIC CIVILIAN: Mass killer stopped by armed bystander
    So much for the liberal agenda.
    Correction:

CIVILIAN chases down mass killer AFTER he had left the scene.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    By the way, some form of logical coherence would be nice from time to time.

The people that keep saying that they would win against the US army with their firearms in a conflict (then you read two lines later than their ''plan'' is in fact that the US army will side with them and that they will shoot mostly minorities and federal workers they don't like...)

Why they advocate then a huge army with massive firepower ? Why they are usually for sending the said army in third world countries ? If an army can't win against people with small firearms, why send it abroad in impoverished hellholes ?
    You seem to be under the assumption that the U.S. military would be willing to attack U.S. civilians. If things became bad enough that an armed civilian uprising against a tyrannical government occurred it's likely the army would side with the civilian population(The oath of enlistment is to the Constitution before the President).

Looks like this POS got discharged from the AF after he was court martialed for domestic and child abuse. What an all around worthless human being.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-c...-live-updates/
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html

You seem to be under the assumption that the U.S. military would be willing to attack U.S. civilians. If things became bad enough that an armed civilian uprising against a tyrannical government occurred it's likely the army would side with the civilian population(The oath of enlistment is to the Constitution before the President).
    Eh...I wouldn't be so sure about that. Everyone has their own reasons for joining the military, and similarly, everyone puts a different amount of weight onto their duties/oaths at and at different levels. It's hard to say what would happen in the case you guys are talking about, but it would honestly probably come down to groups/individuals either going along with whatever their commanding officers tell them to do, or disobeying them.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2017-11-06 at 04:46 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, seems a great many people value some perceived freedom over human life. I mean if they didn't think it was ok - something would have been done to fix it.

The fix is pretty straight forward, if people start finding these things to be NOT okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction:

I think you are confusing not caring, with caring for their own and other's rights. This is a tragedy. Preventable? Maybe to some degree. But we do not live in a world where people only become scums who have access to a firearm. This shooter apparently had a dishonorable discharge from the Air Force. So by federal law he was not suppose to possess a firearm. How he got one is a issue which needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yes, him laughing out of frustration, which I believe he said, is much worse then the people who toss out "thoughts and prayers" and continue to block an measure to try and stop this from happening over and over and over and over and ove rand over and over and over and over again.
    Why are you making things up that I never said?

I'm laughing at the response by the US public, which to be honest I find offensive. But I'm way past anger, no more room for that ... laughter is all I have left.

If you find the killing ok, but find my response awful - then I'm not the one that has a problem.
    I'm not an awful person, so I can actually think both are awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Correction:

But he was STOPPED. And the scum will never hurt anyone else.

I'm pretty sure that's the same argument that conservatives make when there is a terrorist attack and liberals correctly respond with "don't violate civil liberties over something that is statistically rare". When it's a mass shooting though, both sides just swap the rolls in the above example.

Non-partisan surveys of the research on gun control show there is no clear answer as to the effectiveness of gun control laws so there is no straight forward fix. This issue has become a typical tribal signalling issue more than anything else.

Oh and this as well

An Air Force spokeswoman said that Devin P. Kelley received a bad-conduct discharge from the Air Force for allegedly assaulting his spouse and child, and was sentenced to 12 months’ confinement after a 2012 court-martial
    and this

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/05/te...-owning-a-gun/
    Both federal and Texas law contain prohibitions on firearm ownership and possession for persons convicted of an assault involving certain members of one’s household. Texas law prohibits anyone convicted of assault punishable as a class A misdemeanor and committed against a member of the defendant’s household. “Household” includes everyone living in the same house regardless of whether they are related. Texas Penal Code Sec. 46.04 allows a person with this type of conviction after the fifth anniversary of the person’s release from confinement or the person’s release from community supervision (probation) to possess a firearm on the premises where he or she lives. Federal law prohibits possession or ownership of a firearm by a person convicted or a domestic assault or any punishment classification against a present or former spouse or partner or child or guardian of any such person. Federal law does not contain a similar time limit so it is a violation of federal law for that same person to possess a firearm, even in their home.

The Law Office of E.J Morris explain that Texas law prohibits anyone convicted of assaulting a family member from within their residence from owning a firearm
    A convicted felon with illegal firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    with caring for their own and other's rights.
    And guess what - some times you have to choose between two rights.

The real fundamental right to life and the delusion of a right to own unrestricted and unconstrained massive firepower.

When you choose to care more about life than about some fake right... then that WILL be news.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Looks like this POS got discharged from the AF after he was court martialed for domestic and child abuse. What an all around worthless human being.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-c...-live-updates/
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html

Eh...I wouldn't be so sure about that. Everyone has their own reasons for joining the military, and similarly, everyone puts a different amount of weight onto their duties/oaths at and at different levels. It's hard to say what would happen in the case you guys are talking about, but it would honestly probably come down to groups/individuals either going along with whatever their commanding officers tell them to do, or disobeying them.
    and then he became antifa how fitting.. i am not surprised then at all.. fucking lowlife garbage

But he was STOPPED.
    Indeed - he stopped himself after he'd run out of targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    Nice. Super classy.
    Does the truth offend you? We are stuck in situations like this because people can't make decisions based on evidence. Instead they base it on feels and faith. It's disturbing. I mean awesome god you got there, he is meant to be all knowing and all seeing and all powerful but can't be arsed to lift a finger to stop his followers from been slaughtered.

- - - Updated - - -

So a good guy with a gun stopped him?

10+ Year Old Account
    And guess what - some times you have to choose between two rights.

The real fundamental right to life and the delusion of a right to own unrestricted and unconstrained massive firepower.

When you choose to care more about life than about some fake right... then that WILL be news.
    Well I will be upfront. I do not care about the shooter's life. I would have shot him too. And a Constitutional right is not delusional and it is not unrestricted and unconstrained. Do not exaggerate. :P

- - - Updated - - -

You do not know that. He was still a active shooter by any measures of law enforcement terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Ehh? This is a really bad one.

Surely we will see some gun control legislation after this and the Las Vegas massacre.
    Honestly, I've lost all hope for any fix to this problem. It's not only an under-regulation problem, but cultural and stress, as well. As one of the most stressed/unhappy/overworked nations in the first world, it leads to more likelihood of violence, and with a culture that sees sex and nudity as more taboo than violence, well, here we are. The fixes to this problem are more complex than both sides of the argument bitch about, so it'll likely never happen.

Well I will be upfront. I do not care about the shooter's life. I would have shot him too. And a Constitutional right is not delusional and it is not unrestricted and unconstrained.
    I said *delusion of a right.... please read what I said before being 'upfront'.

Now - whilst people like you that value 'freedoms' over human life continue to accept that this sort of event is OK, then this sort of event will continue to happen.

Which is fine - that is your country's choice ... however if you are accepting things the way they are, then there really shouldn't be any need to whinge about it.

The worst part about this: They haven't released any names of the victims. From what the locals are saying, the church has a daycare area (for parents who are attending mass) and the area where the kids are, is more towards the front of the church. At least that is what I gathered. I know quite a few residents were flipping out and in a panic because they were concerned he entered that particular part of the church and possibly got the children first.

Horrible overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said *delusion of a right.... please read what I said before being 'upfront'.

Now - whilst people like you that value 'freedoms' over human life continue to accept that this sort of event is OK, then this sort of event will continue to happen.

Which is fine - that is your country's choice ... however if you are accepting things the way they are, then there really shouldn't be any need to whinge about it.
    If you are fine about it, why are you harping about it with us?

You do not know that. He was still a active shooter by any measures of law enforcement terms.
    Well, to be honest - for all we know he could have been a good guy that stopped the shooter in the church and got shot by another good guy whilst leaving the church.

Something I made for another one of the expressions of freedom from years ago:

- - - Updated - - -

If you are fine about it, why are you harping about it with us?
    Suggest you read what I wrote for the answer to that... already answered.