Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I personally didn't capitalize on the 3 day lockout back then I was doing 2x 40s and 1x20 a week. but today yes ppl would hammer those 3 day lockouts and maximize loot drops a lot more.

I don't think the raids released in a nice flowing fashion like they do today. honestly for me if zg is there day one i might make a char and take it to 60 and see if i can get into another casual guild doing 1/2 raids a week, on the other hand if zg is not there and the game starts at some broken ass patch version, i think ill pass altogether, it can just enjoy doing the same crap a second time around without me.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-07 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I personally didn't capitalize on the 3 day lockout back then I was doing 2x 40s and 1x20 a week. but today yes ppl would hammer those 3 day lockouts and maximize loot drops a lot more.

I don't think the raids released in a nice flowing fashion like they do today. honestly for me if zg is there day one i might make a char and take it to 60 and see if i can get into another casual guild doing 1/2 raids a week, on the other hand if zg is not there and the game starts at some broken ass patch version, i think ill pass altogether, it can just enjoy doing the same crap a second time around without me.
    The market that blizzard seems to be trying to bring in with an "authentic vanilla experience", will most likely mean that it will(atleast in some way) follow a progression style similar to what Nostalrius did, and that very much means that content will be released on a "patch cycle", I highly doubt it will launch with ZG/Dire Maul.

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    The market that blizzard seems to be trying to bring in with an "authentic vanilla experience", will most likely mean that it will(atleast in some way) follow a progression style similar to what Nostalrius did, and that very much means that content will be released on a "patch cycle", I highly doubt it will launch with ZG/Dire Maul.
    I don't see why it shouldn't tbh, we'll have to see, if its adding content over time its an automatic no from me anyway. the only way i'm playing this classic revival is if it has most of the content there, hell i'm not even sure i'm willing to wait around for ppl to do the aq gate opening. zg should be there because otherwise what you need to wait 1 year or more for the first 20 man, lol i'm sure that'll pull in all the players :/ honestly if it does the same backward content release as it did the first time, well that'll just be a fuck ton of facepalming.

I don't see why it shouldn't tbh, we'll have to see, if its adding content over time its an automatic no from me anyway. the only way i'm playing this classic revival is if it has most of the content there, hell i'm not even sure i'm willing to wait around for ppl to do the aq gate opening. zg should be there because otherwise what you need to wait 1 year or more for the first 20 man, lol i'm sure that'll pull in all the players :/
    Because if it launched with those enabled it would trivialize the experience, I HIGHLY doubt it will just launch on 1.12.1 with everything unlocked, that would be stupid.

stupid is releasing content thats obsolete on release. stupid is not having a 20 man raid size a year or two after release. there should be at least 1x 20 man there. even for consistency sake, anyway i've said what i'm going to say, if the game is starting at some bogus patch version and going through a set patch history, honestly fuck that noise. no one got time for that.

the experience is going to be trivial anyway because it was trivial, ppl were noobs thats the difference. when your not a noob, the content thats trivial will still be trivial. the difference is ppl will blow through molten core with or without zg being there.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-07 at 04:55 AM.

I guess stupid is how nost/elysium has held its playerbase for a rather long period of time then. What you want would kill the game very shortly after release.

I haven't got time for strawmen either.. kill how? zg didn't kill the game when i started raiding. in fact its what got me into raiding. please make sense because saying 'omg that will kill the game' is just some sort of made up nonsense.

I was a clicker in vanilla and I'm pretty sure most people were, everyone will be running around with keybinds now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    You realize some classes did double the damage of others, right? It wasn't like now where most classes are within 5-10%.
    With the right setup and full load of consumables, I wouldn't be surprised at all that it was cleared first week with very few people.
    There is a mechanic called threat. Good dps will be riding the line with threat meters. Try to double the next guy and you will get smacked in the face by the boss and die, or even get the whole raid cleaved and cause a wipe.

A tank in dungeon blues can only do so much. So it will be a hold up.

Gearing will take months of farming resist gear and boss drops for each tier. It will take time, not because of 400 soak mechanics, but because of other checks.
    Last edited by HavokHeart; 2017-11-07 at 05:02 AM.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

if the game is starting at some bogus patch version and going through a set patch history, honestly fuck that noise. no one got time for that.
    Might as well not play any video games then if your so concerned about wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    I was a clicker in vanilla and I'm pretty sure most people were, everyone will be running around with keybinds now.
    and yet there was scores of people who played in vanilla who came off the tail end of other successful mmos like EQ/DAoC/Lineage and most definitely were not clickers

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Molten Core will probably be 10-15manned in the first few weeks, it was balanced with almost half the raid being dead weight anyway.

After that some of the bosses will be cock-blocks, most will be cake walks.

I think the real "skill" will only start showing up with AQ40/Naxx.
    10-15 man in a few weeks of release? hahahahaahaha not if its patch 1.3 or w/e, if its 2.0 sure

They could add more difficult raids later on.

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    Might as well not play any video games then if your so concerned about wasting your time.
    video games wasting my time is perfectly fine, self righteousness and strawmen arguments wasting my time is not fine.

releasing the game through a series of patches that cycles through broken unbalanced class changes is the definition of bad. why go through various balance passes instead of just settling at one patch where things were in a reasonably good place and go from there. I can't see them releasing a 1.0 version before honor, so its going to have battlegrounds and pvp. if rep rewards are there then zg should be there too. its really that simple. if pvp ranks and pvp gear are there, then there is no reason why zg should not be there, if you can farm pvp gear on par with t1, then you should be able to run zg with 20 ppl and have that there to help you gear up for running 40s. a more consistent progression path would be much better than content releasing when everyone has geared past it.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-07 at 05:11 AM.

As someone who raided (albeit not particularly hardcore) in Vanilla, threads like this make me think a lot of people commenting didn't raid back then. Sure, you could clear most of MC with a bunch of people AFK, but top raid guilds certainly weren't carrying 5 AFKers on C'thun, 4 Horsemen, KT, etc. etc. People are in for a rude awakening when they hit 60 in NuVanilla (assuming it's pretty close to the original game), have to gear up without getting welfare epics, and don't have each fight telegraph boss abilities with areas to stand, etc. Gonna need a minimal amount of raid awareness that most current players (unless you're a cutting edge mythic raider) probably don't have at this point.

Personally, I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    As someone who raided (albeit not particularly hardcore) in Vanilla, threads like this make me think a lot of people commenting didn't raid back then. Sure, you could clear most of MC with a bunch of people AFK, but top raid guilds certainly weren't carrying 5 AFKers on C'thun, 4 Horsemen, KT, etc. etc. People are in for a rude awakening when they hit 60 in NuVanilla (assuming it's pretty close to the original game), have to gear up without getting welfare epics, and don't have each fight telegraph boss abilities with areas to stand, etc. Gonna need a minimal amount of raid awareness that most current players (unless you're a cutting edge mythic raider) probably don't have at this point.

Personally, I can't wait.
    again its going to be a lot easier when the game runs at 60 fps, not 10, and ppl aren't disconnecting every 5 minutes. and there isn't a mysterious 10 second lag spike every so often. lots of ppl will have to relearn how to play again, but overall the complexity and reaction time requirements were the lowest they've ever been. ppl were killing this stuff on potato pcs with cups and string internet connections. second time around its going to be substantially easier from a hardware perspective alone.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-07 at 05:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Jesus Christ. The delusions of some of the comments in this thread.

While the fights will not be mechanically complex, vanilla raiding is all about gear checks, healing and paying attention (YOU ARE THE BOMB). It's basically herding 40 kittens. If they release "classic" servers with anything other than tuned how they were back in the day, then they are not classic servers. If you played on the Nostrallius server, then you understand how painful leveling was. It was a refresher to that experience. They aren't going to make specs that werent viable back in the day suddenly viable. That would mean suddenly redesigning classes and it wouldnt be a classic experience (ret paladins, I am looking at you).

Did ANY of you run the molten core raid during the 10 year anniversary? You werent able to just derp your way through the damned thing. And that was tuned for existing classes and specs.

Tanks? You'll have Warriors.

Healers? Paladin, Shaman, Druid & Priests.

DPS? Rogues, Warriors, Mages, Hunters and Warlocks.

That's it. There's your raid setups. You won't be able to fudge it. And you'll STILL have to gear sequentially through the content and raids. There won't be catchup mechanics.

ENJOY! It won't be the cake walk many are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and i bet it wasnt the dungeons being undertuned only people knowing wtf they were doin unlike in vanilla .

people now have skills miles above what they had in vanilla - people know what to do - thats why they were so easy.

ton of people will be very heavily dissponinted - but its a good thing - finally they wil shut up about how vanilla was real rpg experience
    This is just bullshit - There has not been a massive change in the skill level of players, the game has changed, that's the difference.

video games wasting my time is perfectly fine, self righteousness and strawmen arguments wasting my time is not fine.

releasing the game through a series of patches that cycles through broken unbalanced class changes is the definition of bad. why go through various balance passes instead of just settling at one patch where things were in a reasonably good place and go from there. I can't see them releasing a 1.0 version before honor, so its going to have battlegrounds and pvp. if rep rewards are there then zg should be there too. its really that simple. if pvp ranks and pvp gear are there, then there is no reason why zg should not be there, if you can farm pvp gear on par with t1, then you should be able to run zg with 20 ppl and have that there to help you gear up for running 40s. a more consistent progression path would be much better than content releasing when everyone has geared past it.
    Nostalrius/Elysium didnt do "patches" they did a "patch cycle" in reference to content, not balance changes, for all intents and purposes its played on 1.12.1,

That means the game does indeed have weather effects, and many bugs are fixed(out of combat ressurect etc, zg debuff, kazzak hearth bomb etc.). but most importantly all classes have the same class changes that would have when later raids like naxx came out.

The only "patching" is artificial gating of Content, specifically, items, world bosses and dungeons/raids, you cannot just walk into battlegrounds and get hwl/gm gear untill later patches when its gets released along side raids usually.

This is the logistics blizzard need to figure out as far as "how far is to far" regarding changes. but universally most people in favor of Legacy/Classic servers expect some kind of content patch cycle.
    Last edited by kenoathcarn; 2017-11-07 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    This is just bullshit - There has not been a massive change in the skill level of players, the game has changed, that's the difference.
    Legion baby tank runs in and pulls 3 packs, cant hold aggro on more than 2 mobs, group dies, 1/2 the group leaves. I expect this theme to start asap.. like wailing caverns soon..
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I'd be ok with the aq gate opening and waiting for aq20, but even that is going to have to be shortened i think, this time around ppl aren't going to wait for content patches, ppl will be in molten core as soon as they have 25/30+ ppl in dungeon gear, if there is no 20 man for 6 months to a year of the game, then serious what the fuck would be the point of releasing it that late when the cutting edge guilds will be farming bwl.

its the same for aq20 it was meant to help guilds gear up for bwl but it came so freaking late, ppl were already starting bwl with just t1 ppl were jumping straight into aq40 when it released or at least they weren't far from it none of those cutting edge guilds needed gear from aq20 beyond the skill books maybe. zg had the leg and head enchants that were worth getting but most of the gear in there would have been useless to ppl who were already doing bwl.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-11-07 at 05:39 AM.