Poll: Peace? War?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Would you prefer faction neutrality over all out war?

Seeing a lot of people discuss how the faction war is bullshit and they don't like it. Got me wondering what the stats are behind it, hence why I'm making this poll. Out of my friends it seems my alliance friends are more keen towards neutrality where as my horde friends are a big fan of the direction this expansion takes. Obviously this is only a theory and there are some exceptions among my friends as well. But it got me curious.

Personally I play Horde and am a big fan of the concept, I've never been a big fan of fighting side by side with the alliance, but I've always understood the necessity of it while facing big threats. I also think if Blizzard does this right they have the chance to build up new villains and introduce threats we haven't seen before, as we are slowly running out, if I can slaughter some alliance in the meantime that's all fine by me.

Very curious to see your reasons for wanting neutrality, peace or all out war.
    Last edited by Talzz; 2017-11-05 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... Both?

As a neutral RP'er, would gladly have seen a grey zone in between. I am loving the faction war heating up again, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

War. They're not mutually exclusive, and we'll have faction neutrality again.

PS. Every.Single.Expansion has the crowd that goes "the story is BS I dun liek it I could write so much better than they do!!".

In-game neutrality is just so... goody-goody. It's less interesting to me than conflict.
    I'd rather re-tread old fights than not fight at all.

I actually liked legions idea of us players just going "fuck those factions - Im porting to moonglade."
    Having some idiots fight a faction war, that you can join if you want to or do hero stuff if you dont, seemed like a good solution to me. I really dont want to be a patriotic member of the "turns insane every other addon" group anymore. The storytelling is just not solid enough for that to be a viable roleplaying fantasy for anyone but a follwing orders kind of guy.
    Abandoning that bow to Silvanas quest and going to see what the druids were doing doing was awesome though :>
    Last edited by owbu; 2017-11-05 at 04:06 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Neither.

I want a state of distrust and conflict, but not open war.
    There are spies, border skirmishes, racial tensions, intrigue, but most of the leadership does not want war and tries their best to avoid it.
    Instead of big armies clashing all over the world, there are a few skirmishes by fringe groups affiliated with the factions, but the main command only gives token support to those.

All out war is dumb. Wastes resources, weakens everyone in the long run, and, due to the nature of the game, no one can ever truly win, so it's pointless, and everyone appears very dumb when we need to unite against the bigger threat that always appears at some point.
    Whatever...

I would be more interested in racial wars instead if factions. That would make more sense. The factions would be better served as a idealogical side where you can pick your faction regardless of race. I also would prefer a few different factions . More choices
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted

War is the best, and yes i am Horde.

This implies there will need to be a lot of PvP. PvP is terminally broken now. Or will the war just be fought by warriors and demon hunters ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    While the new expansion looks neat, it just doesn't look as exciting as Legion.
    BfA reminds me of expansions like Cataclysm and WoD where you see a new expansion but the new features just don't seem to super exciting. I mean, why all out war? No seriously, we all know that neither faction will ever be completely wiped out. Some new big bad villain will show up and they'll end up putting their differences aside anyway = /
    You know it will be like WOD. Start off as one thing while ending up as another, all the while doing neither well enough to be fun.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction war is the epicenter of WoW. Without it, it loses what makes it... well, World of Warcraft.

In any cases, Alliance and Horde will never be able to be at peace. The best they can do is team up when something would destroy them both, which is a bare minimum for survival.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I don't mind faction war. I mind it when it's the tagline of an expansion. Most of the zones actually shown, and the lore within seems interesting. What's not interesting to me is that the faction war stuff overshadows everything else in terms of new mechanics. Cool island adventures (vs the other faction), Throwback to Warcraft's RTS days (against the other faction). AP 2.0 isn't exactly a new feature, but even it was pushed as "get it before the other faction does".

Seemingly all the raids, and dungeons aren't faction vs faction. There seems to actually be lore in these zones, but I fear they will be largely overshadowed by red vs blue. Faction war is more interesting IMO when it's something in the background that they player can choose whether or not they're a part of.

Seems like the conflict between the Alliance and the Horde is the heart and soul of the franchise. And I like this franchise. When I want something else I will dive into some other franchise for a while.

Why it is a binary choice between total war and total peace? Superpowers don't work that way. I'd be fine with some parts of each faction duking it out for local objectives (think Alterac Valley) and having bloody grudges being settled without dragging everyone into the fight, a Cold War of sorts that heats up in places.

It's when you get freaking Anduin to lead the charge and have the Horde burn Teldrassil for the lulz that I lose interest and consider everyone involved a fucking moron.

I play both alliance and horde and prefer WAR!!! There ya go...

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    The AP thing is completely different, did you pay attention? You upgrade the amulet, then you are always making new choices on your armor rather than just clicking on your legionfall trait.

If you think points-to-power is the same thing as AP, then every video game has had artifact power, lol.
    It's a mix of netherlight, and AP. It's not really that different. They even called it an Artifact Necklace. I feel calling it AP 2.0 is perfectly descriptive of what it is, and honestly wouldn't be shocked if that's what they labeled it as in development.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Neither.

I want a state of distrust and conflict, but not open war.
    There are spies, border skirmishes, racial tensions, intrigue, but most of the leadership does not want war and tries their best to avoid it.
    Instead of big armies clashing all over the world, there are a few skirmishes by fringe groups affiliated with the factions, but the main command only gives token support to those.

All out war is dumb. Wastes resources, weakens everyone in the long run, and, due to the nature of the game, no one can ever truly win, so it's pointless, and everyone appears very dumb when we need to unite against the bigger threat that always appears at some point.
    This. Their storytelling is bad because it often lacks this sense of nuance amd depth. There should be way more approaching-game-of-thrones levels of internal intrigue / political backstabbing / morally gray characters on both sides than what they give us.

Also fwiw: horde lifer who wants the story to trend toward peace.
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-11-05 at 04:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just tired of the faction war at this point. Yes, I get it. There are leaders on both sides who are assholes. Maybe the rest of the leaders need to point out that we're constantly working together with the other side and there are bigger problems that need us to work together. We're facing a world ending/universe ending threat literally every other expansion in Azeroth. If you know that roughly every 2 years the world might end, maybe that should make you focus on bigger things than NEW ISLAND DISCOVERED; Must get it before other faction, etc.

Considering all we've been through...together...all out war doesn't make sense at this point.

Greater evidence that someone/thing is pulling the strings that caused all this.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I like the war/tension between the factions, but I want races to become neutral, with the option to choose which faction they want to belong to - like Pandaren. Faction loyalty should be a player decision, imo, not based on races.
    same i want this too,but this is not the point of the Game.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    It's a better system. Again, points to power isn't the same thing. The only similarities are that it is gear that progresses.
    It literally is AP levels->Netherlight crucible talents. 3 pieces of gear, 4 tiers of talents each (last one doesn't have choice) and you can only select one talent per tier. You gain levels in the neck, and your helm, shoulders, and chest at different levels get talents nearly identically to the Netherlight Crucible.