Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Two Server Types: Classic & Classic+

I keep seeing everybody argue about how exactly the new Classic servers *should* be. Feels like one of those situations where there's no one true right answer. Why not have both?

(1) Classic - servers as they were in the final patch before BC

(2) Classic Plus - servers with some of the niceties of today, AoE looting, cross-realm achievements, updated character models, etc.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or people could just accept that if you want QoL changes to go with your Classic WoW, you don't actually want Classic WoW, and therefore this product isn't for you. Stick to Battle for Azeroth. End of story.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew this would happen, I've seen so many people crying about Classic, They say they'll do it, then everyone starts remembering what they'll actually have to do, And they start to panic xD

Quote Originally Posted by Supernovaqq View Post
    I keep seeing everybody argue about how exactly the new Classic servers *should* be. Feels like one of those situations where there's no one true right answer. Why not have both?

(2) Classic Plus - servers with some of the niceties of today, AoE looting, cross-realm achievements, updated character models, etc.
    The point is people don't want your carebear shit in the vanilla experience. Go play BfA if you want that. It's your two choices. You have classic 1.12 experience and classic+ BfA. Pick one.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's either classic, or not classic.

And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't actually want classic servers because it'll be too time consuming.

Deleted

No and No+

5+ Year Old Account
    No. People begged and pleaded for the classic experience, let them have it and all the negatives that go with it. If you want a modern game, play the current version.

There is a right answer: Make them as they were before BC. Exactly so. And watch people leave in droves because they failed to remember how shitty it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    The point is people don't want your carebear shit in the vanilla experience. Go play BfA if you want that. It's your two choices. You have classic 1.12 experience and classic+ BfA. Pick one.
    Why not real 1.0 classic?

There were dozens of patches, which one is the "right" one?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Blizzard is designing classic servers for players, and will provide the experience they want to enjoy.

That said I'm very wary of adding too much; I am against quality of life features that make the game easier, but the features the OP specifically mentioned I would be fine with. It's not like my classic experience would be ruined if I didn't have to individually loot 20 enemies. That said, I see no reason to add achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Why not real 1.0 classic?

There were dozens of patches, which one is the "right" one?
    The last one. The first few were horrendously balanced, over the course of classic they provided a lot of class balance patches that rewrote the game and made it into the WoW we love today.

They can unlock raids over time, but the balance patches need to be from the latest 1.x patch. The game will be pretty awful otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic community is big, but might be not big enough to divide it this way. There should be one classic, maximum authentic, no aoe looting and such stuff. If you want all those quality of life features, go play battle for azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    last we need is more classic servers, one is already too much
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The last one. The first few were horrendously balanced, over the course of classic they provided a lot of class balance patches that rewrote the game and made it into the WoW we love today.

They can unlock raids over time, but the balance patches need to be from the latest 1.x patch. The game will be pretty awful otherwise.
    Issue is everyone thinks their preference for Vanilla is the best. Personally I'd like a progressive patch rollout starting from 1.0 to the last 1.X patch, and the only extra fixes being exploits. The end of Vanilla was quite different from launch and had a tremendous number of QoL changes that made the game much more playable.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

No. We want vanilla without ANY changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    The point is people don't want your carebear shit in the vanilla experience.
    You mean, genuine basics that half-decent mmos should have, that were missing only because the game was so new?

I don't get it honestly, are the vanilla diehard lovers, that against content? QoL?

I get some things, I get hating that leveling is faster, flying, etc etc.

I don't get hating new races, hating aoe looting, toy and mount tab, bigger bags etc.

I mean come on, was it really damaging to the player experience, to make it so that mounts went in a tab, instead of taking up bag space? Really?

OT: I personally would like to see Classic starting as it was originally, and then for the patches to come out (Possibly at a sped up pace) and then for it to go through to the end of vanilla, going through each lot of patches etc.

And then I'm not sure, I think I would like to see after a set amount of time, a reset. Similar to Diablo seasons, have it reset and everyone go again.

What's the other option? Sit stagnant at the exact same patch for years? Sounds terrible.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-11-07 at 09:31 AM.

no + no = no

As few changes as technical limitations allow. Preferably none.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    You mean, genuine basics that half-decent mmos should have, that were missing only because the game was so new?

I don't get it honestly, are the vanilla diehard lovers, that against content? QoL?

I get some things, I get hating that leveling is faster, flying, etc etc.

I don't get hating new races, hating aoe looting, toy and mount tab, bigger bags etc.

I mean come on, was it really damaging to the player experience, to make it so that mounts went in a tab, instead of taking up bag space? Really?

OT: I personally would like to see Classic starting as it was originally, and then for the patches to come out (Possibly at a sped up pace) and then for it to go through to the end of vanilla, going through each lot of patches etc.

And then I'm not sure, I think I would like to see after a set amount of time, a reset. Similar to Diablo seasons, have it reset and everyone go again.

What's the other option? Sit stagnant at the exact same patch for years? Sounds terrible.
    It's a slippery slope that has been slipping to this very day. That is why we don't want any quality of life changes. If they add something new that everyone want, some whiners will ask for more, and before you know it they are updating the game once a month. Starting with aoe looting, tabs for toys and mounts, bigger bags... then it's off with the quivers, then you teleport to the dungeon, then quests are put inside the dungeons, then dungeons are nerfed.

Finally you sit in a queue all day, never leaving the city and not even saying hi to the guys you dungeon with.

10+ Year Old Account

Typical...

Gimme gimme gimme...

oookay, for the sake of it, there have it..

gimme more gimme more gimme more

that is, with all due respect like 3 year old's behavior.

Some people wanted Classic.. now we all get classic, whatever close to the raw template it may be. Be happy about it, stop making other demands.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

No. I get your point, but vanilla has to be vanilla.
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

Classic as it was. Only game-breaking bugs fixed for the sake of game quality (which Blizzard is so fond of)

Anything else is not Classic

7+ Year Old Account
    Outside of bug and exploit fixes, no no no no: classic only.