Poll: WoW Classic business model

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW Classic - business model

Which business model you think would be suitable for WoW classic?

Blizzard recently released Starcraft remaster at 15$ one time purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post

I have a feeling it'll be a monthly subscription without purchase need but you need to subscribe to enter - which would be the best method.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lol...sorry kids, you are not going to be playing for free. Blizzard has used a subscription model to great success for nearly 13 years - no need to change. Best case - Classic servers included with the normal $15 sub fee. Worst case, Classic sub fee ranging from $10-15 with an optional $5 addon fee (instead) if you have a standard WoW sub (so $20/mo for both.)

One subscription Fee should cover both Modern and Classic Wow.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I think it'll just be included in an active sub. This way people may be more willing to try Vanilla if they get bored of live, or vice versa.

I'd want a one time fee but it'll be sub based. However you will be able to play BfA as well.

Deleted
    If it will be only vanilla forever b2p..... if they will make new content specially for classic, then monthly subscription.

I imagine you need an active subscription to access the vanilla realms.
    I don't believe they make a completely new game, more like a server option like the PTR or Arenarealms are like right now.

Deleted
    Probably money.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    If it will be only vanilla forever b2p..... if they will make new content specially for classic, then monthly subscription.
    Not likely. If you want to play on a WoW server...you're going to have to pay a sub fee in one form or another.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Thought that it would just be added with the monthly sub I already pay? I mean they literally said during Blizzcon that they "found a way to make it work with their modern infrastructure". I could see us maybe needing a separate client but it would make the most sense to add it as part of the sub fee. Then it also gives people who only want Classic a chance to look at retail WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will use the current active subscription model. If you have a subscription, you can play both versions. Anything else would not make any sense.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

First of all, $40 isn't AAA prices, $60+ is.

I think it's gonna be a different acc w/ a separate sub because presumably it'll use its own client. Not sure about initial purchase.

Pretty much a feature of your current sub. They'll probably only have 2 or 3 programmers on it and maybe 10 servers to start. So as long as they don't start sinking development time into it - it should come out at very low cost + more subs total.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I think it'll be a similar price to live, independent of live - but there will be a package deal for both, like 12.99 a month, or 4.99 standalone.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

If they'd charge extra for classic the servers would be stillborn.

I think they'll simply tag it to the current subscription model.

1 time purchase of the game (which everyone already has if they play Legion), and keeping an active sub will allow you to play on both.

It should not be f2p.

I'd prefer a significantly reduced monthly fee.
    I honestly dont think its fair to demand a full monthly subscription from a game from 2004 that dont have any development costs attached to adding new content.

Maybe something like 15$ a year to play on classic.

Mmmm, but Starcraft was a B2P game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ummm I already have original wow cds. I bought them. No way I am paying again.
    If you already own the game paying it, you shouldn't have to pay again.
    Subscribe to the current one thats it.