Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    I mean, cast evocation as example, their face animation already squint their eyes almost at the npc levels of squint. If they're squinted like the npc model, they would cast that with their eyes closed, might even clip xD. i think that would not please blizzard at all xD. I think that's the reason why the playable NB didnt got the squinted eyes from the npcs, to not mess with their facil expressions while in combat/emote/casting animations.

But yeah, if blizzard could do a way to do squint eyes without messing with the facial expression that squint more the eyes, would be cool but i think for that, they would have to rework from 0 all their facial expressions for the NB.
    Well if you take a look at NPC models such at this Nightborne woman and use the ChannelCastOmni that is used for Evocation, there ain't really any problem with it apart for slight strange mouth. And their models do seem to support slight shifts of expressions too combined with the eyebrows when looking at something like EmoteTalkExclamation.

Can also see if you try out different models like the one I linked, Anarys or Ly'leth that some of their models allow eyes that are the same bulb eyes as what the playable models use when they do the same expression as Night elf women when using the SpellCastOmni animation.

at the cost of shredding/borky mouth regardless what npc you go with, but I'd imagine that could've been easily fixed if they had gone with NPC face.

Too bad imo that they chose to just bend the WoD nelf model instead of giving further tackle at the NPC models that most players grew fond of while questing for Nightfallen, I know I did atleast.

Deleted
    I mean, cast evocation as example, their face animation already squint their eyes almost at the npc levels of squint. If they're squinted like the npc model, they would cast that with their eyes closed, might even clip xD. i think that would not please blizzard at all xD. I think that's the reason why the playable NB didnt got the squinted eyes from the npcs, to not mess with their facil expressions while in combat/emote/casting animations.

But yeah, if blizzard could do a way to do squint eyes without messing with the facial expression that squint more the eyes, would be cool but i think for that, they would have to rework from 0 all their facial expressions for the NB.
    Sister, you could very well play a Night Elf. Nightborne should look like Nightborne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brother, Nightborne look and sound completly diferent from Night Elf. Visually yeah, their eyes might look a bit close to nelf, but their facial structure are way diferent. Animations there's nothing we can do since the npc use the Nelf animations.

@sylvira i checked the Ly'leth model and she almost close her eyes during the animation, but wasnt that bad like i tough it would be. So yeah, if blizzard squint their eyes more, then nice. But its not that bad the way it is now imo.

Deleted
    Brother, Nightborne look and sound completly diferent from Night Elf. Visually yeah, their eyes might look a bit close to nelf, but their facial structure are way diferent. Animations there's nothing we can do since the npc use the Nelf animations.

@sylvira i checked the Ly'leth model and she almost close her eyes during the animation, but wasnt that bad like i tough it would be. So yeah, if blizzard squint their eyes more, then nice. But its not that bad the way it is now imo.
    Their faces are different from Nightborne NPC, especially the eyes. Noses are shaped differently. Even such a small thing as length difference of fingernails is present(which really takes a lot from their noble upbringing). then there is overall body shape. I would say they lack sophistication of the original material.

Deleted
    They look great, however they do suffer somewhat from gear proportions being a bit off, shoulderpads look massive on males

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Their faces are different from Nightborne NPC, especially the eyes. Noses are shaped differently. Even such a small thing as length difference of fingernails is present(which really takes a lot from their noble upbringing). then there is overall body shape. I would say they lack sophistication of the original material.
    Im sorry, i cant see the diference on fingernails and body shape, they look identical to me, heres, a pic side by side with thalyssra.

https://i.imgur.com/gCZG2D3.jpg

Ofc thalyssra fingernail will look bigger because she's bigger than the playermodel, but if you resize her down to he player model, you will see that the fingernail and body shape are the same.

Faces i agree, they look diferent, but all npc faces are the same, so yeah, i dont mind the faces we got now, i wouldnt mind if we get faces that look close to the npc models and young not pissed angry faces. But saying they're just night elf with another skin i think that is ...idk..pushing way too much.
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2018-02-06 at 03:54 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    update:

Male Nightborne now have earjewels etc

Deleted
    Im sorry, i cant see the diference on fingernails and body shape, they look identical to me, heres, a pic side by side with thalyssra.

https://i.imgur.com/gCZG2D3.jpg

Ofc thalyssra fingernail will look bigger because she's bigger than the playermodel, but if you resize her down to he player model, you will see that the fingernail and body shape are the same.

Faces i agree, they look diferent, but all npc faces are the same, so yeah, i dont mind the faces we got now, i wouldnt mind if we get faces that look close to the npc models and young not pissed angry faces. But saying they're just night elf with another skin i think that is ...idk..pushing way too much.
    That is fine, sister. Perception varies among our kind. Fingernails look longer because they are longer. Much longer

https://i.imgur.com/zvaoRad.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/d9gKSni.jpg

This thread illustrates it nicely: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-identity-lost

They are Night Elves, just a little bit changed.

So they changed the face of my female nightborne from happy to I smelled shit.
    It's the first face.

I'm so dissappointed in blizzard AGAIN.
    They should learn not to change stuff when it's frigging live!

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they added new faces to female Nightborne? Could've sworn it felt like I had less youthful choices before, now I feel like I have more choice for youthful faces.

Small heads up: Blizzard included earrings customization option for nightborne males this week. The option was missing last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    update:

Male Nightborne now have earjewels etc
    Oh, someone else pointed it out first.
    Whatever...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Small heads up: Blizzard included earrings customization option for nightborne males this week. The option was missing last time I checked.

Oh, someone else pointed it out first.
    On top of this they also adjusted their idle animation when looking around. Even their run seems smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    On top of this they also adjusted their idle animation when looking around. Even their run seems smoother.
    That's cool to know. I didn't make a male nightborne alt.
    I hope they adjust their shoulder slot size. It's the same size as night elves', but since nightborne are slimmer, it feels out of proportion.
    Whatever...

The character panel still shows the old face while in the dressing room you can see the new.
    I hate the new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, gladly i choose the face #6, its was the closest of the #1 b4 the changes, but imo it was the youngest/happiest. So i went with that and it seens unchanged. phew
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2018-02-06 at 08:53 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    That's cool to know. I didn't make a male nightborne alt.
    I hope they adjust their shoulder slot size. It's the same size as night elves', but since nightborne are slimmer, it feels out of proportion.
    100% agree with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    I really struggle to believe that "thousands of hours" went into the allied races when I look at them.

Nightborne are pretty much the most unique, which is really not saying much.
    The amount of work going into making something look good in WoW's clunky 15+ years old engine is probably way more than what we imagine.

Personally I think Nightborne are fine, I didn't expect unique animations or anything like that when we'll get 6 (more like 8 at least) Allied Races in the xpack in total. Only part I dislike are the eyes, I'd prefer the NPC ones but as they are they work too.

Quote Originally Posted by 3vyan View Post
    The character panel still shows the old face while in the dressing room you can see the new.
    I hate the new one!

[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/297764863084724224/410535474143166464/unknown.png[img]
    that looks much better.

the happy sunshine smiles on everything need to gtfo. i want neutral expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Personally I think Nightborne are fine, I didn't expect unique animations or anything like that when we'll get 6 (more like 8 at least) Allied Races in the xpack in total. Only part I dislike are the eyes, I'd prefer the NPC ones but as they are they work too.
    This is pretty much my sentiment, perhaps with the nitpicky request that they fix up the male vertical in the dressing room. They seem to be almost drunkenly leaning backwards at a 5% angle. Hnnng.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that looks much better.

the happy sunshine smiles on everything need to gtfo. i want neutral expressions.
    Are you kidding me?

If there is one thing that bothers me in WOW it is that almost everyone looks angry/neutral/MEH
    There are almost no happy faces!

How is this neutral? She's frowning and pouting her lips?
    This is slightly angry NOT neutral.

The female gnomes got 0 happy faces.
    Draenei got 1 out of 10.
    Blood elves got 1 out of many.

The only smiling face the nightborne have, is the granny face.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, gladly i choose the face #6, its was the closest of the #1 b4 the changes, but imo it was the youngest/happiest. So i went with that and it seens unchanged. phew
    I know, makes it even more frustrating, they only updated 1 or 2 faces, including mine.