Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then it's a good thing it's called CLASSIC and not Vanilla, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by kenoathcarn View Post
    You do not need aoe looting, gameplay alone will render aoe looting useless.

how are u gonna make mounts account bound when they are actual items, inside your bags, and you will likely not even have more then 2-3 anyway.
    I'm not arguing for qol changes. My point is that qol changes do not make the content of the game easier. The poster I quoted was equating quality of life changes to god mode in video games, which is silly, hence I spelld out what qol changes are. Hint: they're not things that make your character more powerful.

Curious though how gameplay will 'render aoe looting useless' though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I wonder how long people will actually want keep playing a 13 year old game with no new content ever.
    And they complain that content luls between expansions are bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Quality of life is things like aoe looting, account bound mounts, etc. Not making bosses easier.
    But that's not vanilla!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This whole vanilla thing is invoking the no true scottsman fallacy so hard either way.

This is not accurate.

People who wanted vanilla want just that, vanilla as it was.

This new influx of 'ideas', suggestions, improvements, sharing pets and transmog between live <-> classic, or whatever are from a new crowd entirely that just decided to jump on the train.

And it's getting absurd, thread upon thread of shitty suggestions trying to mess classic. Please stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People are actually STILL playing vanilla, that' the reason private vanilla realms are so successful. Just a couple of weeks ago Kronos opened up Naxx 40 on their servers and dozens of 40 man guilds actually competed (and still are competing) on the raid dungeon.

Hell, i'll probably play classic on an official release more than their current expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is WAY worse than "vanilla w/changes vs vanilla w/o changes"

Take those two, and then branch them into:
    Vanilla server stays in Vanilla forever
    Vanilla server that goes up to <insert Expansion> and stays there forever
    Vanilla server that goes up to <insert patch within expansion> and stays there forever

It will not end.
    But Blizzard needs to do this.
    They will release the game as it was, probably fixing only the major game breaking bugs, and release patches perhaps a tiny bit quicker than back then, with less content droughts.
    To all the people arguing that the game should stop at a certain xpac, there might eventually be a server per xpac.
    To all the people arguing that the game should stop at a certain patch within an xpac - tough luck.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This is not accurate.

People who wanted vanilla want just that, vanilla as it was.

This new influx of 'ideas', suggestions, improvements, sharing pets and transmog between live <-> classic, or whatever are from a new crowd entirely that just decided to jump on the train.

And it's getting absurd, thread upon thread of shitty suggestions trying to mess classic. Please stop.
    No it isn't, just check the forums of the private servers themselves, they are full of people asking for slim changes and hell a lot even implement them.

HOWEVER, its possibly (probably) worth noting that the disclaimer "Of course, I'll take it as it was, warts and all, no doubt; it's just that if they were to make any changes these are the ones I'd want to see" isn't worth typing out before every single post. In my own case, I'd seriously want an overhaul to the PVP system so that I can participate and feel like I'm rewarded for more than just the inherent entertainment of it; HOWEVER, I'll still play the game loads if they leave it as it is, I'll just not bother to even start ranking as I know I won't be able to finish it. Rank 3 for the 10% discount on my mount is as far as it's worth going

Saying that anyone suggesting changes are from some "new" crowd implies you weren't in any of the other "Classic WoW" megathreads from last year when Nostalrius was shutdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Curious though how gameplay will 'render aoe looting useless' though.
    How many mobs do you intend on aoeing down to facilitate the use of aoe looting? I think you will rarely find a situation where it even matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So, prot pala and enha shaman tank?
    You joke, but I successfully tanked all of MC minus Rag as an Enhancement Shaman in a raid of 40 Shamans back in Vanilla. I put the guild together for the sheer fun of it. We went into MC expecting to just wipe, but over 3 nights we managed to take down all of the bosses. We tried rag, but we just took too much damage. What really helped was that old chest called Invulnerable Mail. The stats have since been changed, else I would link to it. But that small chance of being immune to melee damage really saved my ass. We did it without a single item from MC other than what dropped during the run, and nothing from a higher raid.

I have long, long since lost all of the pics I took of our clear, and we only ever did it once...the guild sort of fell apart after I went on a deployment while in the Navy. But it was probably the best time I ever had in that game, doing something that was thought to be impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

How many mobs do you intend on aoeing down to facilitate the use of aoe looting? I think you will rarely find a situation where it even matters.
    Farming silk cloth in SM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

1. I did aoe grinding as a frost mage in vanilla, it's not unheard of.

2. Killing mobs one or two at a time in an area then looting them all when you're done.

3. Dungeons when you may have loot on more than one mob at a time from a pack.

There would still be times when it's nice.

Does it 'matter?' Not really, my point has never been that classic needs aoe looting. My only point here is that qol changes do not equate to god mode. QOL changes do not make your character more powerful or enemies weaker, therefor saying people asking for qol changes want god mode is incorrect and I gave a list of QOL changes to showcase this. The point is things like aoe looting aren't going to help you beat C'thun. Account bound mounts and pets won't help you farm your tier set.
    Last edited by Florena; 2017-11-08 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I agree,

I hope Blizzard will release Vanilla only, without any modification to the code.

If Blizzard change 1 single thing, I'm sorry but you arent playing Vanilla.
    So... the Vanilla of Vanilla is that what you want?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Hahaha, saw this coming "WE WANT VANILLA!!! B-But can we have some un-vanilla features, classic doesn't have those things"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But that's not vanilla!
    And that's not my point. I am not arguing that vanilla needs qol updates. I'm saying that qol updates is not the same thing as god mode. QOL things make the game less frustrating or more efficient, they are NOT things that make your character more powerful or enemies weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I agree,

I hope Blizzard will release Vanilla only, without any modification to the code.

If Blizzard change 1 single thing, I'm sorry but you arent playing Vanilla.
    Ikr, we need those bugs for that authentic experience. I love being stuck looting for ages, I love people sitting outside of bg maps because they glitched their way up with the flag, making bgs never end.

Aswell as countless other bugs, that just made for extremely painful gameplay.

How can people want those bugs? I mean really. If you were to go in, and play it, you'd be sick of them fast.

Even private servers fix those bugs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You joke, but I successfully tanked all of MC minus Rag as an Enhancement Shaman in a raid of 40 Shamans back in Vanilla. I put the guild together for the sheer fun of it. We went into MC expecting to just wipe, but over 3 nights we managed to take down all of the bosses. We tried rag, but we just took too much damage. What really helped was that old chest called Invulnerable Mail. The stats have since been changed, else I would link to it. But that small chance of being immune to melee damage really saved my ass. We did it without a single item from MC other than what dropped during the run, and nothing from a higher raid.

I have long, long since lost all of the pics I took of our clear, and we only ever did it once...the guild sort of fell apart after I went on a deployment while in the Navy. But it was probably the best time I ever had in that game, doing something that was thought to be impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Look another BSer. Tanking as shaman most MC with raid full of shamans yaya. Luci would destroy you cause you had no dispell decurse. Bosses will crit and crush all the time. And you did it all with no raid items... cool story bro... NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    From 1.0 to 1.12 in order.
    Keep dreaming.

Deleted
    People asking for changes and QoL are not the people who asked for Vanilla all this years.
    They are pure trolls who never wanted this in the first place.
    No reason to listen to them.

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's not my point. I am not arguing that vanilla needs qol updates. I'm saying that qol updates is not the same thing as god mode. QOL things make the game less frustrating or more efficient, they are NOT things that make your character more powerful or enemies weaker.
    That's great.

But those things weren't in vanilla.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    First patch and emulate the old days to a T?
    Infinite Reckbomb and bugged Seal of the Crusader GO...!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"