Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bug fixes should be quite doable, in fact it would be advised. However new content would actually follow an alternate pipeline and sooner or later the demand for classic servers would come up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah, the bandwagon only ever gained so much traction and so many passangers thanks to WoD being what it was and people uniting in anger over that fact. Some of the people playing Classic servers in peace before then, were angered about the attention and how the hype got a certain server shut down.
    Which is why I dont understand people who think this game cant survive without QoL changes. The game rose from the grave through private servers and the scene got so big it exploded and look where we are today. Will people play classic WoW as it was in patch 1.12? Uhh obviously, look how much proof we already have.

I take that back I'll probably go as far as doing dungeons since I do remember having fun doing quests and runs through those.

The only thing I want is a 64-bit client, same resolutions we have on live and UI scaling.

The only change or fix that should even be considered is making it so there are enough quests to get to 60. Even thats debateable

Anything outside of server stability fixes should be off the table really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Which is why I dont understand people who think this game cant survive without QoL changes. The game rose from the grave through private servers and the scene got so big it exploded and look where we are today. Will people play classic WoW as it was in patch 1.12? Uhh obviously, look how much proof we already have.
    Was that the patch before TBC? Can't remember

I do remember that playing during BWL launch -when I started- and after Naxx was a different experience. Curious which patch theyll take.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I think this is what Blizzard was most afraid of when people were crying for legacy servers.

To the people who want the same experience, this post isn't aimed at you. It's more aimed at the 10+ threads I've seen for the day begging for changes to classes, "QOL" changes, questing changes, XP changes etc.

I'm not here to say be "grateful" that you're getting Vanilla servers, in fact I'm happy for you guys. During this entire campaign, I've been curious as to how the "good ole days" were since I wasn't exactly old enough to enjoy Vanilla properly. I'm actually excited to try it. That being said, I know I'm not gonna stick to it and spend that much time on it. But I'll gladly try it out.

But why ask for changes now? Was it such a dream for Vanilla servers that you guys didn't expect Blizzard to do it, and now you want a "Fixed Vanilla?"
    If this experience really is changed can it even be considered Vanilla? I'm genuinely curious about this, because I feel like the fight before was "Retail vs Classic" and this is going to devolve into "Vanilla w/changes vs. Vanilla without changes"
    I think that now that Classic is a reality, people are becoming a bit more realistic and are beginning to see the faults in the Vanilla game, that they would have loved were fixed back in the start. Alot of people want to play Classic, but they also fear that if the same problem filled game is released, they will find it a lackluster project and therefore would prefer if Blizzard would do some changes, so that they can enjoy the essence of Vanilla without all the pain.

I don't think there is anything wrong about wanting not only a vanilla experience, but an improved one. It would be sad to not use all the data gathered over the years to improve the vanilla experience. Even the most hardcore purist should be able to understand, that WoW Vanilla was not perfect and that some areas were really just shitty. It was a great game, but Blizzard were constantly improving their own project and if they had stayed in Vanilla for 2 more years, more improvements would proberly have been added, that would have improved the skeleton of the game, yet kept the gameplay.

It is quite natural that this would evolve into a "Pure Vanilla Vs. a Tweaked Vanilla" because before it was mostly only the purest fighting for the game, but now that it has been confirmed as a thing, people with favorable, yet modest, views on Vanilla are coming into the mix aswell. These people want to play a vanilla experience, but are not sacred of having some changes to the game to improve the playerexperience.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I think this is what Blizzard was most afraid of when people were crying for legacy servers.

To the people who want the same experience, this post isn't aimed at you. It's more aimed at the 10+ threads I've seen for the day begging for changes to classes, "QOL" changes, questing changes, XP changes etc.

I'm not here to say be "grateful" that you're getting Vanilla servers, in fact I'm happy for you guys. During this entire campaign, I've been curious as to how the "good ole days" were since I wasn't exactly old enough to enjoy Vanilla properly. I'm actually excited to try it. That being said, I know I'm not gonna stick to it and spend that much time on it. But I'll gladly try it out.

But why ask for changes now? Was it such a dream for Vanilla servers that you guys didn't expect Blizzard to do it, and now you want a "Fixed Vanilla?"
    If this experience really is changed can it even be considered Vanilla? I'm genuinely curious about this, because I feel like the fight before was "Retail vs Classic" and this is going to devolve into "Vanilla w/changes vs. Vanilla without changes"
    According to my poll http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2333546-Who-are-You
    there are not that many people who want changes. Only about 13%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    The only change or fix that should even be considered is making it so there are enough quests to get to 60. Even thats debateable
    That shouldn't be up for debate, I suffered my way to 60 and they should too!!

I'm digging the idea of Classic servers, but I'd actually prefer Classic Progression servers like EQ did.

Essentially the servers launch as if it's day 1 classic (except with all bug fix patches applied from the start). After enough players have cleared Onyxia and Molten Core however many times, Blackwing Lair opens. Once enough clear that, Anh'Qiraj event triggers. So on and so forth until Naxxramas.

Now, once enough people have completed Naxxramas, the server can then unlock TBC and it's the same thing all over again.

The servers allowed for progression through all the expansions up to a point, I think. I think the Progression Servers had a stop point where they stayed there instead of accessing additional expansions.

Bit different than the straight Classic servers, which I assume will have, at least eventually, up to Naxxramas and no further.

We already have a fixed Vanilla. It's called "Legion" and soon to be called "Battle for Azeroth". "Vanilla" means none of the changes that came after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    According to my poll http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2333546-Who-are-You
    there are not that many people who want changes. Only about 13%.
    So, that's a very small sample size. Plus, I don't think MMO-C can be considered valid for the entire population of people who have a stake in this discussion. If streamers or Blizz themselves ask this and get answers, I think we can get a clearer picture.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOCAccount123 View Post
    Was that the patch before TBC? Can't remember

I do remember that playing during BWL launch -when I started- and after Naxx was a different experience. Curious which patch theyll take.
    1.12 is Naxx basically. It has the most content for Vanilla and bug fixes so its definitely what they will use. Not to mention so few people did 40 man Naxx that even though these are classic servers there is still an end game most people who play WoW never got to touch. It will be fun for many people to work up to Naxx 40 and see a guildy get Ateish.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's laughably ironic the amount of people I have seen since Classic was announced that are like "YEAH CLASSIC IS THE BEST.. but can we have a bunch of thigns from the other expansions as well"

No. You can't. If your shitty nostalgia servers are going to be made using resources that could go into the main game, then as fair as I'm concerned you should just get a server with 1.12 on it and that's it. Bugs/glitches/unbalanced shitty Gameplay and all.

Only reason I'm even going to bother with it is because my GF wants to play, I for one do not see Vanilla with rose tinted glasses, it was great for the time but had big issues:

1. Non-pure classes being shoehorned into roles (Warriors only tanks, priest only heal, etc) with their OS being useless for the most part in PvE

2. Pure classes having one, or at most, two of their specs being useful, you couldn't even PLAY fire mage because a lot of mobs back then were fire immune.

3. Raiding is something I really enjoy in the game, and while raiding back then was great for the time, I'm not going to pretend like it hasn't improved 100 fold, most bosses had 2 mechanics and their way of being difficult was "how hard can i hit the tank"

4. 40 man raiding, doable with servers of people excited for a new game, and plenty of time, not so doable with fragmented communities all wanting to run their own 40 man raid. And don't get me started on raid length, 40 people with time to even COMPLETE a vanilla raid? Not happening.

5. Leveling was HORRIBLE. I know its an "important part of an RPG" but leveling is my least favorite part of any of it, and vanilla had it the worst. Run out of quests and grind happened more often then not, I had 6 60s already, not doing it again.

So yea, i'll fart around on it, but damn, only those who hardcore love vanilla's problems are going to be sticking around.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    1.12 is Naxx basically. It has the most content for Vanilla and bug fixes so its definitely what they will use. Not to mention so few people did 40 man Naxx that even though these are classic servers there is still an end game most people who play WoW never got to touch. It will be fun for many people to work up to Naxx 40 and see a guildy get Ateish.
    Assuming there is any significant population after 6months. I think a lot of non-vanilla players think they are just gonna drop into Classic and have a character lvled to 60 in a couple weeks and beginning to clear content.

So, that's a very small sample size. Plus, I don't think MMO-C can be considered valid for the entire population of people who have a stake in this discussion. If streamers or Blizz themselves ask this and get answers, I think we can get a clearer picture.
    Day is not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Yeah, I really hope those threads and their creators start getting infracted.

It's way too trolly, and quite obvious. People want untouched, Classic WoW. That's kinda the whole point. For people posting these "Here are changes that should be made" is a clear attempt to incite the people wanting it. It's just bait. There's no creative, prosperous discussion to be had about changing Classic servers for bullshit like "QoL".
    I've been noticing the same thing. Some people troll as a hobby, I guess.

I'm expecting this to die down with time. Right now though it feels like 4 year olds pissing on others toys because they are different from theirs. Oh, the horror, a different toy - better smash it and destroy your fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yeah it's laughably ironic the amount of people I have seen since Classic was announced that are like "YEAH CLASSIC IS THE BEST.. but can we have a bunch of thigns from the other expansions as well"

No. You can't. If your shitty nostalgia servers are going to be made using resources that could go into the main game, then as fair as I'm concerned you should just get a server with 1.12 on it and that's it. Bugs/glitches/unbalanced shitty Gameplay and all.
    So, that's just not how business works. They already stated that they are in the process of hiring a new development team for this undertaking. With your logic, Hearthstone, Overwatch and Starcraft take resources that could be used in the main game. Yes it's the same "Name" but it's a vastly different way of thinking that "What you lose in one area, is put into another."

They could very well be draining resources from current WoW into Classic, but without insider information, it's just ignorant to assume such.