Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-series-priest

"The Light in which many priests bathe is brilliant and effervescent, granting them immense divine power. But the brightest light casts the darkest shadow—and from within this blackness, a rival power dwells. Shadow priests fully embrace this opposing polarity, their faith equally resolute as their holy counterparts—but focused on shadowy magics and mental manipulation. Like all priests, they dedicate much of their lives to worship—but they derive their power from the Void, straying dangerously close to the domain of the Old Gods. To truly understand such ancient, corruptive influence is to be driven mad. This is the state in which these dark priests thrive, embracing insanity and feeding off of the minds of their opponents to reach terrifying new limits."
    Oh dear god thank you for making my day I actually laughed, thank you so much, you really don't get it.

Just don't change I want to have something to amuse myself in the future. XD

And do me a favor always take medication under supervision, in order to avoid an overdose.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-15 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You really aren't the sharpest person ain't you.

Let me say it once again slowly.

Shadow. Low toxicity. No side effects.
    Void. High toxicity. Lots of side effects.
    Where is that stated anywhere? The side effect are related to the will of the users.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadow_(magic)

Shadow magic is void magic. Anything else is headcanon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Oh dear god thank you for making my day I actually laughed, thank you so much, you really don't get it.

Just don't change I want to have something to amuse myself in the future. XD
    You said only the twilight hammer fully embraces the void. Blizzard says you are wrong.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

W
    You said only the twilight hammer fully embraces the void. Blizzard says you are wrong.
    You still don't get it, this is just amazing

Deleted
    Yes the twilight hammer fully embraces the void, working towards the void consuming everything as little servants of the old gods who in turn are servants of the void lords, man who would have thought.

Compared to the void elves fully embracing the void suppressing the urge to end everything
    Do we have a lore source that void elves actually experience maddening whispers and the other side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Do we have a lore source that void elves actually experience maddening whispers and the other side effects?
    Alleria's sound files for example and then there is of course Alleria herself.

https://youtu.be/wLXnbeS_LOU?t=88

You still don't get it, this is just amazing
    Get what? That the void isnt universally distrusted and that the twilight hammer arent the only ones who "fully embrace" shadow magic? Lmao.

Deleted
    Alleria's sound files for example and then there is of course Alleria herself.
    That said, she consumed a whole voided naaru. At that point she is not actually a void elf herself, but something more.

That said, she consumed a whole voided naaru. At that point she is NOT actually a void elf herself, but something more.
    https://youtu.be/wLXnbeS_LOU?t=88

Throughout your journeys across Azeroth, you have achieved mastery over the forces that constantly seek to control you.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-12-15 at 11:14 PM.

Deleted
    That voice file states the Void elf PC mastered the void, IE he is in control thus no side effects?

Isn't Slyvanus' entire plotline about avoiding(no pun intended) her afterlife? An afterlife described as a "void" multiple times. They are death magic users. But that doesnt stop them from using void/shadow magic. Different schools of magic can be used simultaneously or even combined. Black arrow clealry has shadow and death magic elements.
    She saw what I am assuming was the WoW version of hell, aka shadowlands. Referring to it as "void" doesn't have to mean it has anything to do with the school of magic. In any case, there is no history with actually indulging in void magic(though I could see it in her future if she decides to raise corpses in a different way than val'kyr)

Alleria would be a ranger that uses void magic, Sylvanas is a ranger that uses (overwhelmingly) death magic. I think it's inaccurate to put them in the same category as the cult of forgotten shadow, warlocks, shadow priests, void elves . Kinda how like warlocks use a bit of arcane fire magic but aren't really mages.

That voice file states the Void elf PC mastered the void, IE he is in control thus no side effects?
    Throughout your journeys across Azeroth, you have achieved mastery over the forces that constantly seek to control you.

They have mastered it for now, Alleria herself knows that one day she will fall prey to the whispers. She says that in her 1000 year of war audio.

Deleted

They have mastered it for now, Alleria herself knows that one day she will fall prey to the whispers. She says that in her 1000 year of war audio.
    But then again Alleria is a lot more into the void than her followers, she consumed a whole void naaru. Her void elf form is basically 100% void.

The whole point of void elves was them being able to use the void as a tool, like one would use a hammer, without side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    She saw what I am assuming was the WoW version of hell, aka shadowlands. Referring to it as "void" doesn't have to mean it has anything to do with the school of magic. In any case, there is no history with actually indulging in void magic(though I could see it in her future if she decides to raise corpses in a different way than val'kyr)

Alleria would be a ranger that uses void magic, Sylvanas is a ranger that uses (overwhelmingly) death magic. I think it's inaccurate to put them in the same category as the cult of forgotten shadow, warlocks, shadow priests, void elves . Kinda how like warlocks use a bit of arcane fire magic but aren't really mages.
    There is a reason why the forsaken had the biggest group of shadow users. The other races didnt have a "cult of forgotten shadow" dedicated to learning and using shadow magic. It's very reasonable to assume Slyvanus would use shadow magic in abilities like black arrow. She is leader of one of the most cutting edge shadow user groups. She should know a thing or two about it. Unless she is ignorant as hell.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2017-12-15 at 11:27 PM.

But then again Alleria is a lot more into the void than her followers, she consumed a whole void naaru. Her void elf form is basically 100% void.

The whole point of void elves was them being able to use the void as a tool, like one would use a hammer, without side effects.
    They are in the middle of a void ascension ritual, leaving behind their bodies to become void entities. Alleria intervenes and they remain corporeal, but heavily void tainted, they even got tentacles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Doesn't matter, High Elf Paladins were still possible before the Blood Knights. People act like High Elves shouldn't be able to be paladins because it wasn't possible before the BK did it and they wouldn't let the High Elves do the same or some BS, and that's just wrong.
    The point spectacularly flew over your head. High Elf paladins being "possible" does not even vaguely make them a defining feature of High Elves, unlike Blood Elves who even formed their own distinct order.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You really aren't the sharpest person ain't you.
    I'm an inch away from turning this into my new sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by zulkhan View Post
    i'm an inch away from turning this into my new sig.
    just do it!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The point spectacularly flew over your head. High Elf paladins being "possible" does not even vaguely make them a defining feature of High Elves, unlike Blood Elves who even formed their own distinct order.
    I never said it was a defining point, bub...

They don't need to form their own order to have Paladins, High Elves were already being accepted into the Silver Hand, why should it be any different if they were introduced as a playable Alliance race?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an inch away from turning this into my new sig.
    The double negative makes the sig much more ironic and hilarious. I approve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    just do it!!!!
    And in the end I gave in. It's done.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-12-15 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    They are in the middle of a void ascension ritual, leaving behind their bodies to become void entities. Alleria intervenes and they remain corporeal, but heavily void tainted, they even got tentacles.
    So a residual void energy from a ritual that tainted you equals eating a whole void naaru? Man I don't think so really. Naaru are supposed to be Light/Void incarnate. But we are speculating at this point.

Alleria may be pessimistic of herself but she is not pessimistic of the Ren'dorei.