10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Well said. Best post you've made so far on this subject. And I don't say that to mock you or undermine what you have discussed before, but I like this post because it seems to be very genuine about your opinion and how you feel. I agree with the lore-reasons too, I don't see why High Elves should be alliance now, after 13 years of being Horde and how the story has been progressing.

I guess I see the Void Elves being a bit more like Blood Elves than you, but that's how I see it. And then I speak about looks and their common lore(wich is obvious). I personally think blizzard did a good move with making Void Elves, though I didn't really expect them to make them at all to begin with, it was more like "they can't be serious".

I don't have any feelings towards Void Elves now, but I think they look like a fun race. On the other hand I like Blood Elves because of gameplay, how they look and how the female animations looks like. They look lovely. Nightborne too, and Void Elves. All female elves. Now I want Undead High Elf. Your next post can be you making fun of me wanting Undead High Elves and say it will never happen
    Void Elves are a re-do of the original Blood Elf storyline. High Elves twisted by a terrible event. That storyline trajectory for the Blood Elves was aborted by the restoration of the Sunwell though. Blood Elves are now traditional High Elves, the same sort you'd see in the Lord of the Rings or in Warhammer or in any number of fantasy franchises. Just in this universe they fight beside the Orcs.

I liked the first trajectory for the Blood Elves, but I also like them reverting to their original status (albeit a lot more focused on the light now). People who like the traditional High Elf deserve to have the option to play one, and it is good that option is available by picking a Blood Elf.

So I figure the Void Elves are picking up a storyline that had promise but which had to be abandoned due to the natural progression of the story. While it is another stab at this angle, it is still the Void Elves' own story. And unlike the Blood Elves, there is no big reversion for them in the future. They are Void Elves forever. They can be their own thing.

As for Undead Elves I think Undead High Elves were made unlikely by Void Elves. Void Elves look EXACTLY how I pictured undead elves to be (ok there were more rotting body parts in my imagination so maybe not 100% exactly). Could Undead High Elves happen? Yeah sure. I wouldn't even be opposed to it as they would be a Horde race.

But I think we have reached peak elf. There are so many more wonderful choices out in the wide world of warcraft to explore. People who like elves have two choices per faction now.

You can be a wood elf. You can be a traditional High Elf. You can be an elf warped by dark powers. Or you can be a magical Dark Elf. They have covered the three traditional elven groups from fantasy and added one with a spin of their own.

Each now has sufficient room to be it's own thing.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-12-29 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Void Elves are a re-do of the original Blood Elf storyline. High Elves twisted by a terrible event. That storyline trajectory for the Blood Elves was aborted by the restoration of the Sunwell though. Blood Elves are now traditional High Elves, the same sort you'd see in the Lord of the Rings or in Warhammer or in any number of fantasy franchises. Just in this universe they fight beside the Orcs.

I liked the first trajectory for the Blood Elves, but I also like them reverting to their original status (albeit a lot more focused on the light now). People who like the traditional High Elf deserve to have the option to play one, and it is good that option is available by picking a Blood Elf.

So I figure the Void Elves are picking up a storyline that had promise but which had to be abandoned due to the natural progression of the story. While it is another stab at this angle, it is still the Void Elves' own story. And unlike the Blood Elves, there is no big reversion for them in the future. They are Void Elves forever. They can be their own thing.

As for Undead Elves I think Undead High Elves were made unlikely by Void Elves. Void Elves look EXACTLY how I pictured undead elves to be (ok there were more rotting body parts in my imagination so maybe not 100% exactly). Could Undead High Elves happen? Yeah sure. I wouldn't even be opposed to it as they would be a Horde race.

But I think we have reached peak elf. There are so many more wonderful choices out in the wide world of warcraft to explore. People who like elves have two choices per faction now.

You can be a wood elf. You can be a traditional High Elf. You can be an elf warped by dark powers. Or you can be a magical Dark Elf. They have covered the three traditional elven groups from fantasy and added one with a spin of their own.

Each now has sufficient room to be it's own thing.
    Yeah, my prediction is that there won't be any new elves made in at least 3-4 years, or at all. That's a bulletproof prediction right there. If they make it in 2 years I am screwed though.

Void Elf definitely have some Undead High Elf feel to it, though I would have them look more like Sylvanas(me fanboi) or the other Dark Rangers like Alina. She has more of a Sylvanas WC3 look. But yeah you are right, put a dark hood over a female Void Elf(with a light purple skin) and you have something very close to a Dark Ranger.

Though this is something we can discuss in the "High Elves, Undead Elves and what could have been" thread in some years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    i forgot to mention, those anti-helfs are horde players, who dont know anything about alliance side questing, hence they say, high elves have no lore.
    Have you done any Alliance questing?

What an argument, bravo.. I wont repeat myself again about relevance of high elves as opposed to gnomes, tauren or dwarves..

Deleted
    What an argument, bravo.. I wont repeat myself again about relevance of high elves as opposed to gnomes, tauren or dwarves..
    Is this again some "Silver Convenant is more relevant than playable races" BS? Do you even play WoW at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves are extremely relevant. Lor'themar, Lady Liadrin, Grand Magister Rommath. All major High Elven characters with story time coming in the next few patches.

A much better story in fact than 'lone ranger in a small house in dalaran sighed for the millionth time as he cleaned his bow and dreaming of home. He had to go to a big meeting of the silver covenant later, all eighty of them were together for once...'
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-12-29 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Is this again some "Silver Convenant is more relevant than playable races" BS? Do you even play WoW at all?
    Is this again some "Silver Convenant are not more relevant than playable races" BS? Do you even make arguments at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Is this again some "Silver Convenant are not more relevant than playable races" BS? Do you even make arguments at all?
    Only thing that is funnier than your pointless arguments is how desperate you are getting.

Deleted
    So I take it were two "Yes" with your answer. Good to know.

Meanwhile, I'll go back to my Bronzebear-loyalist dwarven paladin doing some WQs in Highmountain.

Deleted
    Actually Void Elves are the counterpart to Nightborne and I am not happy with that, but I am OK with that.
    nice, thank you. Good thing i got here at page 109, goddamn. So much finely crafted trolling to avoid infractions while enjoying allybois tears, infinitely easier than just posting: <-------edit

"I DONT WANT HIGH ELVES i mean BLOOD ELVES ON THE ALLIANCE. copypaste night elves for the horde are good tho."

because in the end thats the only real reason for antihe posts, personal opinion

Everyone knows that blood elves and high elves are different enough for this allied race thing
    Everyone knows the alliance would be filled to the brim with HEs 10 secs into the patch
    Everyone knows that void elves dont satisfy the HE cravings

Blizzard knows, thats for sure. At the very least, they know theres money to dig out of team blue elves

so i think HEs are still out just to save faction balance. If theres anything lore related at all and not just a (((compromise))), a whole "race" just to serve as the """"void covenant"""" seems really fkng lame
    Last edited by mmoc7db915077c; 2017-12-29 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeWaD View Post
    nice, thank you. Good thing i got here at page 109, goddamn. So much finely crafted trolling to avoid infractions while enjoying allybois tears, infinitely easier than just posting
    Page 109? You've missed the last decade of whining about this.

Also you have to post to troll. You can't just think trollish thoughts and call that trolling. The world would be a nicer place over all yes, but it doesn't work like that.

"I DONT WANT HIGH ELVES i mean BLOOD ELVES ON THE ALLIANCE. copypaste night elves for the horde are good tho."
    Actually didn't want Nightborne for the same reason I am not keen on Void Elves but if we have them no point in crying about it.

because in the end thats the only real reason for antihe posts, personal opinion
    Yes. And the wall of text I posted a few pages listing all the blizzard comments on this issue that are all consistently against High Elves for the Alliance but ignoring that (and pro High Elfers do) it's totally personal opinion.

Everyone knows that blood elves and high elves are different enough for this allied race thing
    No they aren't, they are literally identical.

Everyone knows the alliance would be filled to the brim with HEs 10 secs into the patch
    I thought you WANTED High Elves rather than giving Blizzard reasons not to do it?

Everyone knows that void elves dont satisfy the HE cravings
    Oh now THAT is a personal opinion

Blizzard knows, thats for sure. At the very least, they know theres money to dig out of team blue elves
    Is that why they gave you more blue elves? But seriously I've heard about this mythical bag of money Blizzard is sure to make once they give the Alliance High Elves for years now. They want it so badly that at the very first opportunity to get it...they gave you Void Elves. Oh well, so much for that notion.

so i think HEs are still out just to save faction balance.
    As good a reason as any. Up there with 'they're already playable' and 'they're practically dead in the Alliance'.

If theres anything lore related at all and not just a (((compromise))), a whole "race" just to serve as the """"void covenant"""" seems really fkng lame
    Someone had to do it. And the Alliance players kept telling us they could live with modified High Elves. Not to mention this is another way of getting a big chunk of that money sack apparently. Seems to me this ticks all the boxes for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If tattoos are enough for a race to be considered different cross-faction, then I demand Alterac humans with tattoos in the Horde. Hey, the tattoos make it totally different, guys, and Alterac humans don't like other humans so they're obviously a different race. Angry Wildhammer dwarves would also work, they come pre-built with tattoos even.

Honestly if the devs don't consider High Elves a different enough race for them to be playable, I'm not sure what there is to add to this matter. Now that Alliance gets their Blood Elf-esque model, I consider it supremely unlikely that HEs get added anytime soon.
    Here's the thing, smartass.

Alterac humans haven't been questgivers for the Horde since bloody vanilla, and didn't get arcs as part of its main forces in Mists and Legion. High elves did, for the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    ...How exactly do optional tattoos remedy the distinctiveness issue?

In fact, it makes it worse because now High Elves are Blood Elves with expanded customization.

all of my what.
    And in what way does a race of emos make them anymore distinct? They get stupid purple and blue skin instead of pale skin and tattoos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    nice, thank you. Good thing i got here at page 109, goddamn. So much finely crafted trolling to avoid infractions while enjoying allybois tears, infinitely easier than just posting
    While most of what you are saying is same old story, this is one thing i can't disagree. They. Are. Delicious ! Its like when you are buying the most expensive version of any product in store. The best quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post

Alterac humans haven't been questgivers for the Horde since bloody vanilla, and didn't get arcs as part of its main forces in Mists and Legion. High elves did, for the Alliance.
    And this means they should be a playable race why?

And in what way does a race of emos make them anymore distinct? They get stupid purple and blue skin instead of pale skin and tattoos.
    Well I don't think anyone is going to mistake them for a real High Elf. You know, like the ones you get on the Horde? The ones you can play as right now?

Deleted
    trolling snip
    again, the same trolling. "LITERALLY THE SAME AND ALREADY PLAYABLE LUL, CHECK THESE DEVS SET ON STONE COMMENTS"

you are just more elaborated about it

really dont have the energy for more. i will say tho, that a red shirt wont satisfy my desire for a blue shirt. that works for everyone on the fkn planet. but personal opinion, right ?

have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    again, the same trolling. "LITERALLY THE SAME AND ALREADY PLAYABLE LUL, CHECK THESE DEVS SET ON STONE COMMENTS"

you are just more elaborated about it

really dont have the energy for more. i will say tho, that a red shirt wont satisfy my desire for a blue shirt. that works for everyone on the fkn planet. but personal opinion, right ?

have fun
    Then play a Void Elf. It's the Alliance High Elf pro High Elfers always assured us they wanted, the same but different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the HE are impossible (well i think its unlikely though), but if they come to be, they should get different models (Just like other humans got different models, or how a specific character get a different model from its whole race), it could be done... but i doubt we will get it anytime soon.

Note: Is true that not many people like this option because they will say "but they are the same as the BE, it makes no sense to have them with different models", so its Thrall, Garrosh, Saurfang, Khadgar, Medivh, Varian, etc...

Another option, is have the Silver Covenant lose its leadership, and have them join under Alleria leadership. (Making most of them Void Elf and allowing more HE looking skin colors for the VE.)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2017-12-29 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Obelisk Kai

You should be proud you had some one dig up an alt account from 2012 to accuse you of being a troll.

Keep up the good fight sir, keep up the good fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

The only thing I got form this is that Blizz needs to kill off the High Elves so the actually playable Alliance races can get screentime.

Yes and that makes them more distinct because you can't make your Void Elf look exactly like a Blood Elf.

Again, your suggestion would make High Elves exactly like Blood Elves but with better customization option, you don't see the problem here?

And? Horde got Ogre questgivers at some point. We had tons and tons of Mag'har questgivers. Some Taunka questgivers as well. Hell counting neutral organizations and NPCs we probably had more human questgivers than we had, say, Darkspear Troll questgivers. None of these are playable, and only the Mag'har have a ghost of a chance of becoming an Allied Race.

Questgivers do not a playable race make, else Goblins would be neutral.