Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I don't think Blizzard makes their decisions solely based on what a few echo chmabers have to say. For all we know a large contingent of players share the sentiment that High Elves are a bad idea, they just don't go complaining on forums because they have no reason to do so.

Besides, "I've seen a lot of threads" isn't exactly bias-free. Even a Facebook poll is more scientific.
    No one said they make their decision solely based on what a few echo chambers have to say, but for you to pretend that it doesn't have influence is..laughable and cute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Still waiting for one of these rejects to explain how Highelves differ from Blood elves besides being Horde V Alliance.

After the restoration of the Sunwell the lines are just Red vs Blue.
    Keep waiting because anyone with a lick of common sense knows that you aren't actually interested in the explanation, your mind is already made and its anti high elf. Nothing anyone says will change that so why would any of us give you an explanation of the differences?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, that was the whole point. I didn't. But I'll at least commend your motivated attempts to look smarter. It's things like these that make these threads so entertaining, after all.
    I commend you as well, you almost came across as intelligent, almost. Still it's posts like yours that feed into your training, and another bump is given

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros2 View Post
    No one said they make their decision solely based on what a few echo chambers have to say, but for you to pretend that it doesn't have influence is..laughable and cute.
    It's pretty grounded actually. If they had any influence you would have got High Elves by a decade or so, instead you got Void Elves. How this even happened? What went wrong with the mighty influence of these threads? How they're going to achieve different results by just doing the exact same thing they did for so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It's pretty grounded actually. If they had any influence you would have got High Elves by a decade or so, instead you got Void Elves. How this even happened? What went wrong with the mighty influence of these threads? How they're going to achieve different results by just doing the exact same thing they did for so long?
    Thank you for proving my point, I very much appreciate it

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I commend you as well, you almost came across as intelligent, almost.
    Come on, don't lie. I'm quite aware of the level I'm forced to lower myself down. But I'm mildly bored right now so I'll do the sacrifice.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for proving my point, I very much appreciate it
    You mean a whole decade of threads that managed to not get High Elves? You must be a 'lil confused, my dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Not at all, there are only 2 real reasons anti-high elfers post.

1. They really are trolls who live in their parents basement and desperately want attention and validation from the world. We just use them as post bumps so they serve their purpose well enough anyway.

or

2. They are fairly intelligent people who know and rightly FEAR these posts because they know being vocal often lead to in game implementation. If they didn't fear the possibility they wouldn't feel the need to post.
    Lol at both points. I don't know which is funnier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    High elves are not playable, we have their edgy cousins blood elves on horde and the edgier shitty asspull blizz created named void elves. So there are still people unsatisfied and also piseed off by the middle finger Blizz is giving, I don´t know what´s the result they expected from insulting and mocking their customers with this.

There´s horde favoritism we can see that in character development, in lore development and now with allied races, horde gets two well stablished races that had att leats half expansion of focus and gives the alliance albino draenei and edgy smurfs. Also in the upcoming allied races we see the possibility of draenor clans for horde and the alliance will receive fat kul tiras human...but no Blizz hasno horde bias.
    High Elves are playable.

The Game Director confirmed what those opposed to adding them a second time have always said, that the Blood Elves are just the High Elves after they changed names and switched sides.

This isn't like disagreeing with me. Or with Friendlyimmolation. Or Arrashi. This is word of god from the developers.

If the developers say something on any topic, as far as I am concerned that becomes canon and irrefutable amongst ourselves until they decide to retcon or change it.

Now they may have the ability to retcon or change whatever they like, but as of November 2017, Blood Elves are confirmed to be the High Elves and therefore already playable.

If Blizzard changes their stance on that I assure you I will update my arguments to reflect that new position, but as of right now High Elves are already playable as Blood Elves and that's a confirmed, straight from the horse's mouth fact.

Which means you are flat out wrong.

Not at all, there are only 2 real reasons anti-high elfers post.

1. They really are trolls who live in their parents basement and desperately want attention and validation from the world. We just use them as post bumps so they serve their purpose well enough anyway.

or

2. They are fairly intelligent people who know and rightly FEAR these posts because they know being vocal often lead to in game implementation. If they didn't fear the possibility they wouldn't feel the need to post.
    Really? Someone with your avatar, coming to a forum about a niche video game, to argue for the inclusion of what is ultimately a bunch of pixels that are already a part of that game; you are really going to pull the 'my opponents are all nerds of the worst sort' line? I'm not sure which is worse, the hypocrisy of that stand or the self denial of your own evident extreme nerdiness. You post in this forum, you're a nerd.

As for using anti High Elf arguments as mere post bumps that assumes the poor Blizzard employee who reads threads on these fansites to collate feedback is going to weigh your opinion higher than those who take the opposite position to you. That is deeply arrogant, not to mention unfounded, stance.

7+ Year Old Account
    those high elf fans are like a tumor, they appear from nowhere start doing the damage(mostly in your brain cells), you treat then, they seems to disappear for a wile, but some time the tumor grow again, doing the same damage

Guess we will have to live with this cancer forever.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-04 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    those high elf fans are like a tumor, they appear from nowhere start doing the damage(mostly in your brain cells), yo u treat then, they seems to disappear for a wile, but some time the tumor grow again, doing the same damage

Unless the High Elves all canonically die in the pre-events, all become Void Elves or a mix of the two. Fingers crossed.

those high elf fans are like a tumor, they appear from nowhere start doing the damage(mostly in your brain cells), you treat then, they seems to disappear for a wile, but some time the tumor grow again, doing the same damage

Indeed you will.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on, don't lie. I'm quite aware of the level I'm forced to lower myself down. But I'm mildly bored right now so I'll do the sacrifice.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean a whole decade of threads that managed to not get High Elves? You must be a 'lil confused, my dear.
    Ah yes, is "too cool for school" also your slogan, cause you are so edgy I think I cut myself on all the edgyness . Please reply to this post though, it helps keep this thread running.

Deleted

I guess the same applies for Ogre fans like you. Whenever the word Ogre appears, you are the first to drool over their magnificence.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

Really? Someone with your avatar, coming to a forum about a niche video game, to argue for the inclusion of what is ultimately a bunch of pixels that are already a part of that game; you are really going to pull the 'my opponents are all nerds of the worst sort' line? I'm not sure which is worse, the hypocrisy of that stand or the self denial of your own evident extreme nerdiness. You post in this forum, you're a nerd.

As for using anti High Elf arguments as mere post bumps that assumes the poor Blizzard employee who reads threads on these fansites to collate feedback is going to weigh your opinion higher than those who take the opposite position to you. That is deeply arrogant, not to mention unfounded, stance.
    Them I'm arrogant what can I say and I didn't paint everyone as the worse of the worst, #2 types were very intelligent people who realized posts like these have sway (however big or small) and so jump on them in attempts to bring "counter arguments" however flawed and ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unless the High Elves all canonically die in the pre-events, all become Void Elves or a mix of the two. Fingers crossed.
    not even this, they will just say they can bring high elves from the grave or bring then fro other timelines, it will never stop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    I guess the same applies for Ogre fans like you. Whenever the word Ogre appears, you are the first to drool over their magnificence.

i don't think so, last time i checked ogres are not playable in the other faction

High Elves are playable.

The Game Director confirmed what those opposed to adding them a second time have always said, that the Blood Elves are just the High Elves after they changed names and switched sides.

This isn't like disagreeing with me. Or with Friendlyimmolation. Or Arrashi. This is word of god from the developers.

If the developers say something on any topic, as far as I am concerned that becomes canon and irrefutable amongst ourselves until they decide to retcon or change it.

Now they may have the ability to retcon or change whatever they like, but as of November 2017, Blood Elves are confirmed to be the High Elves and therefore already playable.

If Blizzard changes their stance on that I assure you I will update my arguments to reflect that new position, but as of right now High Elves are already playable as Blood Elves and that's a confirmed, straight from the horse's mouth fact.

Which means you are flat out wrong.

That so called word of god has been flat out wrong several times even getting to the point of killing Falstad in Cataclysm until the red shirt guy came, the developers word is sometimes the less reliable thing Blizzards has, lets also remember the "Wow, dungeons are hard" in Cataclysm or the no flying in Draenor and future expansions, the no more content droughts, and the now on development impossible vanilla realms.

But I'll give you one thing tough, when Blizz is going full retard on certain matter they only listen to players when they vote with their wallets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Deleted
    not even this, they will just say they can bring high elves from the grave or bring then fro other timelines, it will never stop
    Well duh, because you just cant kill every high elf in one event, this is not how extinction works.. unless you are bad storyteller..
    There will always be those high elves in outland and yet their numbers would be bigger than few magisters and students, who got transformed in one single event and somehow are labeled as a new race with new culture and shiny future

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Well duh, because you just cant kill every high elf in one event, this is not how extinction works..
    actually you can, thats how mass extinction works, btw, they are already almost extinct, with their low percentage of births they should be extinct in a few years, considering how many of they died in the recent events of the silver covenant, and more now since they are joining the void elves

unless you are bad storyteller..
    blizzard with bad storytelling? thats never happened

There will always be those high elves in outland and yet their numbers would be bigger than few magisters and students, who got transformed in one single event and somehow are labeled as a new race with new culture and shiny future
    what? what high elves in outland? even impling outland is somewhere relevant frozen in time.

and numbers were never the only thing against HE

Deleted
    I really don't get this. High elves and Blood elves are the same. They were renamed blood elves in honour of the people lost to the scourge before they even got their hands on the green fel crystals. Now the sunwell is restored theres no difference other than the colour of their eyes. High elves have no moral ground, they are traitors to the memory of those lost for refusing to take the new name and then scurrying off to hide before siding against their own people to stand with the Alliance.

Personally I think you should be able to play whatever race you want for any side, but it seems clear that the only reason people are complaining is because blood elves went to the Horde, which tbh if you played WC3 actually makes sense.

I really hope Blizz add an option to turn Belf's eyes blue because it will show all along that its a faction issue, not a race one.

Quote Originally Posted by twinbros3 View Post
    Of course it's a faction issue, people don't want them simply because they have blue eyes instead of green. There is a lot of lore, regardless of what the anti-high elfers think, and culture that contribute to the desire for High Elves, and a big part of that is their loyalty to the Alliance.
    Never going to happen. Game logic trumps lore, and it's bad to have two races on opposite factions that look so similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Still waiting.
    I'm far from a pro-Helfer, but from what I understand they view High Elves as Blood Elves but with the "bad" removed because the rejected Kael'thas' way. They didn't have to restort to sucking mana out of wyrms, enslaving naaru, using fel crystals etc.

Basically, they are Blood Elves but with mary sue lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I'm far from a pro-Helfer, but from what I understand they view High Elves as Blood Elves but with the "bad" removed because the rejected Kael'thas' way. They didn't have to restort to sucking mana out of wyrms, enslaving naaru, using fel crystals etc.

Basically, they are Blood Elves but with mary sue lore.
    Right, with the restored Sunwell those differences no longer exist is my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.