Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its not a insult if it is true
    thanks for signature

My question is: if the Alliance had been given Blood Elves back in BC to begin with, would there even be people fussing over High Elves?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    My question is: if the Alliance had been given Blood Elves back in BC to begin with, would there even be people fussing over High Elves?
    of course not.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Not really. The entire "high elf" movement exists as result of massive butthurt caused by belves becoming horde race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    thanks for signature
    oh boy its spreading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    A general reminder that discussing moderation is not permitted on the forums - it is highly distracting and polarizing and almost always leads to derailment. This thread's original topic is a fine discussion to have or to continue, just debate your points civilly and constructively while keeping rancor and temper in check.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Actually There's High elves becoming Void elves in Telogrus.
    And you have High elves walking alongside Void elves in the Stormwind Mage district.

The Velves may very well end up absorbing the Helves lorewise.

I suppose we'll see what happens to Vereesa.
    This is what i actually expect to happen, also it seems that Blizzard pointed out that they may add more customization options to the allied races that we already have, so if this debates persist (and they will), i think we may see VElfs that look more like Alleria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    This is what i actually expect to happen, also it seems that Blizzard pointed out that they may add more customization options to the allied races that we already have, so if this debates persist (and they will), i think we may see VElfs that look more like Alleria.
    No, you won't.

How often does it need to be pointed out that Alleria arrived at her void powers through a unique experience?

How often does it need to be pointed out that the different skin tones and the unique customization options are the things keeping Void Elves looking somewhat distinct from Blood Elves?

How often does it need to be pointed out that if they wanted to give the Alliance something that looked like a High Elf they would just have given the Alliance High Elves.

If a Helf changes into a Velf, it's going to be a Velf and look like one.

Quote Originally Posted by AHE2580 View Post
    It wont do any good, the anti high elf posters here have the backing of the MMO forum moderators, they can break all the rules they want because they don't apply to them, only everyone else.
    Conspiracy theories are not allowed here.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wont do any good, the anti high elf posters here have the backing of the MMO forum moderators, they can break all the rules they want because they don't apply to them, only everyone else.
    So the anti High Elf conspiracy now encompasses MMO forum moderators, the actual writers of the game story, the developers of the game, anti High Elf posters and common sense.

How can you hope to defeat such a vast and intricate web of forces bent on thwarting your happiness!

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    So the anti High Elf conspiracy now encompasses MMO forum moderators, the actual writers of the game story, the developers of the game, anti High Elf posters and common sense.

How can you hope to defeat such a vast and intricate web of forces bent on thwarting your happiness!
    Well the actual writers of the game still continue to treat High Elves as something different, as of last week new high Elf NPCs were added to the game. I suspect Blizzard looks at elves High/Blood/Void much the same way they do Dwarves; Bronzebeard/Wildhammer/Dark Iron.

But I’m wrong because you say so.... blah blah blah, 4 post later, we circle back, blah blah blah.

Agreed, the only people who seem to be staunchly anti high elf at Blizzard is that Ian person, who is a well known Horde player and has demonstrated many of times his anti Alliance stance.
    I’m not going to shit on Ion, but what he said isn’t shown clearly in game. When I saw that interview I thought “the game is showing something else or there’s a weird breakdown in clarification.” (I can only imagine who’s going to start name calling at me now)

Just to clarify where I stand. I’m not a big elf fan, hate the Night Elfs, only made a Blood Elf for Demon Hunter, won’t end up playing a Void Elf...and I break tradition on Nightborne, loved their story in Legion, plan on parking it at max level.

Why I argue them is simple, it’s an easy already made playable race. Different hairstyles, Alleria brand tattoos, and you’ve placated a niche player base. As everyone is quick to point out gameplay trumps lore. This isn’t even the worst offender of breaking the lore.

I’m just not about this whole “fuck you” to other players. The only line I draw is human and orc models crossing the faction line. I want things like Man’ari and Dark Irons in the Horde, I could care less if some Void Elf-sequel ass pull lore allowed Grimtotem. And for the sake of this thread I just don’t see any big deal if Void and High elf’s are next to each other on the Alliance banner of the Allied Races character creation screen.

Like I said a couple of pages ago, discussions like these end one of two ways, servers are shut off or High Elves are added. No matter where you sit on the debate you’re not going to convince the other side. So keep on having spirited debate and don’t get mad or be a dick; or just leave and ignore these types of threads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Well the actual writers of the game still continue to treat High Elves as something different, as of last week new high Elf NPCs were added to the game. I suspect Blizzard looks at elves High/Blood/Void much the same way they do Dwarves; Bronzebeard/Wildhammer/Dark Iron.

But I’m wrong because you say so.... blah blah blah, 4 post later, we circle back, blah blah blah.

how they adding high elf npcs who don't say nothing important, means the actual writers treat then as something different? there is no context.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    how they adding high elf npcs who don't say nothing important, means the actual writers treat then as something different? there is no context.
    I not sure what you just said, but my example is a tiny version of something Blizzard has always done in WoW and drawn a line between High Elf and Blood Elf. It doesn’t matter if these new NPCs aren’t talking, they are narrative tools one way or the other and the narrative being shown is that Thalassian Elves are divided into three groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I not sure what you just said, but my example is a tiny version of something Blizzard has always done in WoW and drawn a line between High Elf and Blood Elf. It doesn’t matter if these new NPCs aren’t talking, they are narrative tools one way or the other and the narrative being shown is that Thalassian Elves are divided into three groups.

they are just showing the only difference is politics, more time high elves appear is to build and develop blood elf lore as antagonists, they never treat then as a different race, just the same race with different allegiances

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    This argument only works if blood elves didn't exist and weren't on the Horde.
    For the past couple weeks, I've found myself considering the ramifications of a "swap" between the factions -- specifically, with Night Elves joining the Horde and Blood Elves joining the Alliance.

There are, of course, narrative reasons for why this wouldn't happen. It could be interesting, nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I believe this thread has been argued to an impasse for the most part. It is now closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead