Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Yeah, would love to see mag'har (probably from AU Draenor; maybe one of the extinct clans?) or Mok'Nathal for orcs. For goblins, maybe gilgoblins or vulpera? Mechanized or sand (?) gnomes. Vrykul for humans? Emerald Dream (Nelf) Worgen or maybe even a race that uses the worgen skeleton like saberon or dragonmen
    You want to play mag'har? you are lucky, they are called orcs and they are playable on the horde side.. (high elf hater logic)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    You want to play mag'har? you are lucky, they are called orcs and they are playable on the horde side.. (high elf hater logic)
    Except laughably it is not the same. Funny that you use the Magh'har argument because Ion said they were possibility right before he said flat out no to high elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the same. If they will ever add them, they are going to be Horde, same as playable Orcs now. It would be the same case as High Elves if people were asking Mag'har for the Alliance.

Well why would they add them? They already exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well why would they add them? They already exist.
    Because unlike high elves, there isn't a carbon copy of them already on the other faction. The argument only applies if Orcs had somehow ended up on the Alliance, and Horde players were asking for brown ones etc.

TLDr, not the same situation.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Void Elves were blood elves? As in Horde Blood Elves? Not high elves from the original Sons of Lothar expedition living with Alleria in the Army of Light on Argus who followed her into dabbling in void magics?

I really find it preposterous that the blood elves would mind void magic all that much. Now, the Silver Covenant on the other hand, if they were ever consistent at all, they should be slitting the void elves' throats right now for using such a power, especially since they didn't really need it to have the strength to defend themselves, unlike the blood elves' mana tapping vermin in Quel'thalas. They just thought it'd be neat to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    The Void Elves were blood elves? As in Horde Blood Elves? Not high elves from the original Sons of Lothar expedition living with Alleria in the Army of Light on Argus who followed her into dabbling in void magics?
    The only high elf in the army of the light was Alleria, void elves were a group of blood elves that at some point in time had started fucking with the void and were exiled for it.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The only high elf in the army of the light was Alleria, void elves were a group of blood elves that at some point in time had started fucking with the void and were exiled for it.
    Uuuuuuugh... Blizzard...why...? The Blood Elves are not that judgmental... That is the Alliance, not the blood elves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Uuuuuuugh... Blizzard...why...? The Blood Elves are not that judgmental... That is the Alliance, not the blood elves...
    Oh you know, the whole "horrible mutations", getting disfigured, walking on ceiling, mumbling etc, tend to rub people wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Because unlike high elves, there isn't a carbon copy of them already on the other faction. The argument only applies if Orcs had somehow ended up on the Alliance, and Horde players were asking for brown ones etc.

TLDr, not the same situation.
    But i am Ion and i say, that brown orcs are green orcs. It is all the same. No need to add them, because they already exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    But i am Ion and i say, that brown orcs are green orcs. It is all the same. No need to add them, because they already exist.
    But you are not Ion. That's the beauty of this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh you know, the whole "horrible mutations", getting disfigured, walking on ceiling, mumbling etc, tend to rub people wrong way.
    But Blizzard only did this as a means of making the Horde look bad and Alliance good...

It should have been high elves. This is just another thing of making elves like "oh my goodness, the Alliance is so much better than the Horde, I love humans so much, mwuh mwuh mwuh mwuh mwuh"

But you are not Ion. That's the beauty of this situation.
    You are right, i know more about lore than him.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Blizzard only did this as a means of making the Horde look bad and Alliance good...

It should have been high elves. This is just another thing of making elves like "oh my goodness, the Alliance is so much better than the Horde, I love humans so much, mwuh mwuh mwuh mwuh mwuh"
    Quite the opposite. It made alliance look like total bottom feeders, who accept worst of worst. Void elves are nothing but scum and madmen who were salvaged (to what degree we don't know) by alleria.
    You are right, i know more about lore than him.
    For some reason i doubt it.

For some reason i doubt it.
    You doubt it because he is game designer, so you basically believe he is more knowledgeable, but as you can see from that interview, it is not entirely true. (Ion told absolute bullshit about high elves in that)
    Or you could see other developers being wrong ''isnt falstad dead, from uhhhh Day of the Dragon?''

Deleted
    Ion's interview just adds to my theory that the Silver Covenant will be kill before "Battle for Azeroth" starts.

Already seeing it, Vereesa and the Silver Covenant are killed in battle next to Teldrassil. Because of that, Alleria goes to Silvermoon and tries to bring Quel'thalas to the Alliance. Lor'themar says "screw you!", Alleria leaves but finds the exiled Blood Elves.

You know what makes this really strange?

The five other Allied races are all very well established. Nightborne and Highmountain have their own zones. Lightforged are our point of contact for (what will be) the longest patch in Legion. Dark Irons and Zandalari have had major storylines going back to Vanilla and Wrath. Only Void Elves come out of nowhere.

It would seem like this was done to appeal to Alliance players who've long felt something was missing on their side. Give them the iconic race that was 'denied in the name of faction balance' and finally put those perennial requests for High Elves (arguably the most desired race - at least if you trust polls) to bed.

Except, it doesn't do that! It gives the Alliance Blood Elves. Enraging Horde players who see their most popular race (and its model) going Alliance, and disappointing Alliance players who STILL won't get High Elves. It is the worst of both worlds.

At least, it seems this only exists as a bit of flavor text in the current build. In this pre-alpha stage, there's room for the story to change - let's hope it does!

Deleted
    Mag'har orcs is just a skin color, there isn't any culture, class or political change. The Horde had a Mag'har Warchief.

Deleted
    game is barely on alpha. things will definitely change. we are saying that they are blood elves because the red shirt guy who played a demo in blizzcon says so.
    he said that in stormwind all alliance leaders are in a room, including the couple of the century, turalyon and alleria. they are both full alliance now. alleria has a conversation with anduin and says that the void elves are exiled blood elves from silvermoon etc, or something like that.
    but i'm sure it will change. blizz is seeing right now that people wanted high elves, and that the horde players as well are annoying that these void elves are exiled blood elves.

solution : say that these elves are alleria's high elves and that she decided to train them. bam. both factions happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    At least, it seems this only exists as a bit of flavor text in the current build. In this pre-alpha stage, there's room for the story to change - let's hope it does!
    If the book deals with the fate of the Silver Covenant, there is no room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    solution : say that these elves are alleria's high elves and that she decided to train them. bam. both factions happy.
    Read above.