The site is currently in read-only mode.

The site is currently in read-only mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is in chronicle vol 1 page 90.

Over the passing generations, the energies emanating from the Well of Eternity and keeper wrought machinery changed the yaungol in unique ways. Those near the vale would keep the name "yaungol", though they grew more warlike than their cousins. Those in central Kalimdor, close to the Well of Eternity, would take the name "tauren".
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    It's in a chapter in Chronicle part 1. The original Yaungol started off in central Kalimdor being friends with Cenarius. Later they migrated south, were captured by the Mogu who transformed them into stronger and smarter Yaungol. Some of these later migrated back north. Under influence of the well of eternity and titan machinery they evolved further to their current forms. Yaungol and Taunka were influenced by both the well and titan machinery in current day pandaria and Northrend. Tauren were closest to the well so mostly influenced by that.
    Ah, I'm at work and don't have my copies of "Chronicle" available - good to know, so I guess we add the Tauren to the list of mutated playable races.
    "The City Council announces the opening of a new Dog Park at the corner of Earl and Somerset, near the Ralph’s. They would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the Dog Park. People are not allowed in the Dog Park. It is possible you will see Hooded Figures in the Dog Park. Do not approach them. Do not approach the Dog Park. The fence is electrified and highly dangerous. Try not to look at the Dog Park, and especially do not look for any period of time at the Hooded Figures. The Dog Park will not harm you."

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I wonder what the origin of vulpera will be, especially with the speculation that they'll become the goblin allied race. Would be cool if they were an offshoot of goblins transformed by a fox loa or something.
    Origin of asian mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    By far the closest playable race to the High Elf ideal is the Blood Elf.

The silver covenant are not the ideal. They are exiled, retrogressive traitors storywise.

A Void Elf is much farther from the ideal.

My signature is fine. Just ask those people spamming the US forums looking for High Elves.
    Sure it is fine, but you can tell the US High Elves spammers that they got their High Elf version now on Alliance.
    Okay, so I am gonna trap the blu..."FOR KAZ MODAAAAN"

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Origin of asian mmorpg.
    Vulpera don't really look like something from a South Korean/Japanese MMORPG, most Asian RPGs just have humans with fox ears/tails, but these are just straight up anthropomorphic foxes.
    "Animals – whom we have made our slaves we do not like to consider our equals. – Do not slave holders wish to make the black man other kind? - Charles Darwin

"Today we have access to highly advanced technologies. But our social and economic system has not kept up with our technological capabilities that could easily create a world of abundance, free of servitude and debt." - Jacque Fresco

Vulpera don't really look like something from a South Korean/Japanese MMORPG, most Asian RPGs just have humans with fox ears/tails, but these are just straight up anthropomorphic foxes.
    That makes it even worse.

"To the ordinary, we are unknowable. Fallen, corrupted; rightly feared. You cannot understand our origins, our motives. The dawning realization, that we are not fallen... we are ascended!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Sure it is fine, but you can tell the US High Elves spammers that they got their High Elf version now on Alliance.
    Well I can't due to forum restrictions but that is my position, they got close enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You can play a High Elf. You just gotta roll Horde.

Well I can't due to forum restrictions but that is my position, they got close enough.
    Yeah, Void Elves are fine enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That makes it even worse.

OT: I never could stand the "animal races" that were just humans with cat ears and tails, in either anime or games. Something about it just breaks my immersion, I can't really explain it.
    "Animals – whom we have made our slaves we do not like to consider our equals. – Do not slave holders wish to make the black man other kind? - Charles Darwin

"Today we have access to highly advanced technologies. But our social and economic system has not kept up with our technological capabilities that could easily create a world of abundance, free of servitude and debt." - Jacque Fresco

OT: I never could stand the "animal races" that were just humans with cat ears and tails, in either anime or games. Something about it just breaks my immersion, I can't really explain it.
    I don't know, i will take catgirls over furries 10 out of 10 times.
    And i seriously hope blizzard won't add crap like vulpera as playable races.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I don't know, i will take catgirls over furries 10 out of 10 times.
    And i seriously hope blizzard won't add crap like vulpera as playable races.
    Considering a good portion of the Horde's playerbase is comprised of belves and the addition of nightborne will probably drastically increase the number of elves on the Horde, vulpera (if they can attract enough people) would be a breath of fresh air.

Although we don't know anything about their culture yet, it would be cool if they were a nomadic shamanistic race, something like the Berbers/Amazigh or Bedouins. Or Maybe gypsies/romani?

Considering a good portion of the Horde's playerbase is comprised of belves and the addition of nightborne will probably drastically increase the number of elves on the Horde, vulpera (if they can attract enough people) would be a breath of fresh air.

Although we don't know anything about their culture yet, it would be cool if they were a nomadic shamanistic race, something like the Berbers/Amazigh or Bedouins. Or Maybe gypsies/romani?
    A cutesy joke race is second thing horde needs least. With first being more elven races.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    A cutesy joke race is second thing horde needs least. With first being more elven races.
    I don't see why the vulnerable HAVE to be a joke race just because they're diminutive animal people. Although knowing Blizzard...

Pretty much agreed. Also, don't ever play FFXIV - there are a lot of female NPCs wearing little and dancing - so far from what I've noticed, they are 100% Catgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Pretty much agreed. Also, don't ever play FFXIV - there are a lot of female NPCs wearing little and dancing - so far from what I've noticed, they are 100% Catgirls.
    Well I think there is one lesson to be drawn from this for future MMOs that have two factions.

Add elves and add catgirls/boys.

But on to different factions.

Population issue sorted.

I don't see why the vulnerable HAVE to be a joke race just because they're diminutive animal people. Although knowing Blizzard...
    You answered yourself so i don't have to.

Well I think there is one lesson to be drawn from this for future MMOs that have two factions.

Add elves and add catgirls/boys.

But on to different factions.

Population issue sorted.
    It almost sounds like you want to make a game where it's Asians & Weebs VS The world '.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    It almost sounds like you want to make a game where it's Asians & Weebs VS The world '.'
    I thought ff14 was a global success though?

My point was(like yourself wrote) that they are Blood Elves, even if its former. Any change does not change that.

There are three different types of High Elves now. High Elves, Blood Elves and Void Elves. Only the colored flavors are playable. Strawberry and Blueberry. I guess that makes Vereesa, Alleria and their people Vanilla.

Wich again means your signature is incorrect. You can now also be High Elf on Alliance. Just another flavor. Blueberry.
    I resent that final remark .

I think Void Elves are different enough from Blood Elves. They went through a transformation that changed their bodies and (it seems) their mindsets a bit. Plus, we haven't seen their combat forms in action yet. It's the reason why humans can be in one faction, and dead humans can be in the other; same start point, but a difference brought about by some sort of transformation. Same deal for Night Elves and Nightborne.

I mean, at the risk of repeating myself I'd rather not have seen more stupid elves at all, they're omnipresent in the story as it is. But as it stands I'll tolerate the new guys because they're different enough.

I resent that final remark .

I think Void Elves are different enough from Blood Elves. They went through a transformation that changed their bodies and (it seems) their mindsets a bit. Plus, we haven't seen their combat forms in action yet. It's the reason why humans can be in one faction, and dead humans can be in the other; same start point, but a difference brought about by some sort of transformation. Same deal for Night Elves and Nightborne.

I mean, at the risk of repeating myself I'd rather not have seen more stupid elves at all, they're omnipresent in the story as it is. But as it stands I'll tolerate the new guys because they're different enough.
    Nah, blueberry is both healthy and tasty

Nah, blueberry is both healthy and tasty
    Look at this point as long as we don't get a second serving of vanilla I'm good with the whole thing.

I really, truly wish this debate would end, everyone would be happy of the elves they got and we could move on to discussing vulpera or ogres or a host of other far more interesting Allied races than elf no.5 which is a clone of elf no.2.