Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Randomized gear tokens are bad for the game

Randomized gear tokens, like in the relinquished system, are horrible due to the random nature of the secondary stats roll. The chance that you get your two optimal secondary stats, from a relinquished token for example, is (1/4)*(1/3) = 1/12 or 8.3%.

This is correct, each time you buy a relinquished token, you have an 8.3% chance to get optimal secondary stats, and 91.7% chance to have to grind the token again. This system benefits nobody, except Blizzard, since the players are sinking significantly more play time (and therefore money) to get the same thing in the game.

It's not about being optimal though. It's about letting alts, new people, and those falling behind to catch up. The relinquished system isn't there for you to gear your main or be a primary system of gearing.

Except the stats of these items aren't random, the item is random, but it's stats will be always the same (ignoring war/titanforge).
    And these tokens are meant to gear up alts with ilvl, not to get bis gear.

The only item that results in a little problem here is the arcano crystal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    since the players are sinking significantly more play time (and therefore money) to get the same thing in the game.
    Nobody is grinding relinquished items to get BIS 910 gear.

The people whom get 910 gear as their top end, get 910 gear and go "ok", because if that's their top end, they don't play the game enough warrant higher. If they do, then: the people whom 910 is not the top, they either already have better, or its a brief stepping stone to catch up to raid gear.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Except the stats of these items aren't random, the item is random, but it's stats will be always the same (ignoring war/titanforge).
    And these tokens are meant to gear up alts with ilvl, not to get bis gear.

The only item that results in a little problem here is the arcano crystal
    Its cute that you think that.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Your right large amounts of players are grinding them to get TF/WF not 910 gear.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-11-08 at 09:05 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

That 915+socket arcanocrystal i got on the only class that doesn't even need it, sub rogue
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    That 915+socket arcanocrystal i got on the only class that doesn't even need it, sub rogue
    I know that feel I have a 940 and a 950 cradle that I will never use.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post

Your right large amounts of players are grinding them to get TF/WF not 910 gear.
    You're right. I've got like ~3 TF items which are better than or almost on the same level as BIS.

Deleted

Proof that a "large amount" of players grind it out for tf/wf gear?
    Seeing no one in my Mythic guild even touches Argus on their mains anymore.

Poor hardcore min/maxers who have to optimize their ilvl 910 gear.

The people whom get 910 gear as their top end, get 910 gear and go "ok", because if that's their top end, they don't play the game enough warrant higher. If they do, then: the people whom 910 is not the top, they either already have better, or its a brief stepping stone to catch up to raid gear.
    That's just straight up not true. There's plenty of people farming argunite in an attempt to get high ilevel Arcanocrystals/Chaos Talismans/statsticks/Convergence of Fates(or just trinkets in general). Also it's not "910 gear", it's base 910 gear, which is much higher base ilevel than you'd get in other places for some items(Arcano and CT being good examples)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-11-08 at 09:15 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Proof that a "large amount" of players grind it out for tf/wf gear?
    Seeing no one in my Mythic guild even touches Argus on their mains anymore.
    Sounds like the people in your "mythic guild" either have full BiS which I dout they do or they don't care about min maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Poor hardcore min/maxers who have to optimize their ilvl 910 gear.
    You do realize it can WF/TF right?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019

So it's exactly like loot has always been in this game. It's fine. There is no privilege to get perfect loot everytime.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    because having certain slots for your character only ever have your Worst stat because of Raid loot tables is so much better

You do realize it can WF/TF right?
    It's not Blizzard's fault if you are naive enough to "grind" randomly selected items with a random tiny chance of titanforging into a small upgrade. Getting that kind of gear doesn't seem to be the purpose of relinquished tokens.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not Blizzard's fault if you are naive enough to "grind" randomly selected items with a random tiny chance of titanforging into a small upgrade. Getting that kind of gear doesn't seem to be the purpose of relinquished tokens.
    The hell do you mean naive being naive has nothing to do with it people see high TF rolls all the time.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019

Naive? Tell that to my 910 Arcanocrystal, 925 Frond, 930 Convergence, 930 Chaos Talisman, 925socket, 935, 935, 940 and 940socket statsticks, most of which are unfortunately on the wrong characters, as well as a pile of trash trinkets with high titanforges.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The hell do you mean naive being naive has nothing to do with it people see high TF rolls all the time.
    That's what I mean. You see high TF rolls "often" because you see hundreds of item drops, so you seem to think "wow that guy won the lottery - I better buy a ticket, so I can win as well."
    Actually grinding relinquished tokens for anything other than non wf items just means you either have a very bad grasp of probabilities or a very unhealthy obsession with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Naive? Tell that to my 910 Arcanocrystal, 925 Frond, 930 Convergence, 930 Chaos Talisman, 925socket, 935, 935, 940 and 940socket statsticks, most of which are unfortunately on the wrong characters, as well as a pile of trash trinkets with high titanforges.
    Even if you are speaking the truth. What does that show us? That there is a very good chance of getting the wrong item?
    Naive..
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2017-11-08 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Randomized gear tokens, like in the relinquished system, are horrible due to the random nature of the secondary stats roll. The chance that you get your two optimal secondary stats, from a relinquished token for example, is (1/4)*(1/3) = 1/12 or 8.3%.

This is correct, each time you buy a relinquished token, you have an 8.3% chance to get optimal secondary stats, and 91.7% chance to have to grind the token again. This system benefits nobody, except Blizzard, since the players are sinking significantly more play time (and therefore money) to get the same thing in the game.
    The tokens for the auganite are great at they are. Specific rewarding tokens would be dumb, I am sorry but the optimization part, that is up to how much you wish to work for it. The tokens are great as a catch up mechanic, which they are meant to be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

what, they changed the sub plan to pay by the hour now?

no, they didnt? its still a flat amount per month? that means that no one is paying more when they do token roulette, you are just reaching at failed and worthless "arguments" to try and boost your pathetic whine
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day