Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.
    Are you serious? So i assume its fun to wreck in pieces every mob incluiding elite ones, even ones that are 2 or 3 lvls higher.

Cmon, i hope it will be at least a bit more challenging now, even with heirlooms

you will lost less time in not having to change zone each 3-4 levels, and you will loss less time having to choice 'the good quests in the new zone" and you will gain more xp from each quest, because each time you will finish the quest, it will always be xp for your actual level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    So do we have any idea if they're gonna scale zones like the joke that is Timewalker, i.e continue facerolling leveling like we are now, or actually stop us from killing mobs in two hits? Will we actually have use for self-heals, absorbs, interrupts and stuns?

I think it's fascinating how it's so hard for people to understand WHY they think leveling is so boring now. Yes yes you've done it before, but HOW are you supposed to enjoy ANY OF IT, when you are as powerful as a GOD as soon as you hit level 20? When you NEVER notice the effects of gear upgrades, never have to use anything but main damaging spells, never risk dying? Do you also replay SP-games with Godmode, instagib on the lowest difficulty and then ask why you don't feel engaged?

Current state of leveling is an insult, and it's even worse to see people think the only fix is to make it even faster and even easier.
    My leveling experience in vanilla consisted of auto attacking until it died then heal up as a paladin. 0 difficulty and 100% time waste.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

You do realize, OP, that mobs and quests below a certain amount of levels lower than you (AKA, the mobs you'd be "zerging") give severely reduced exp, right?

It's literally the same as it is now. In fact, it's better and faster because instead of needing to fly to another zone and start a new quest chain once you quickly and vastly outlevel the zone you're currently in, you just stay in the zone you're in. If anything, it SAVES you time and makes leveling faster because you're not wasting all that time on travel and figuring out where to go next.

To top it all off, the quest exp and mob exp you'll get will always be 100%. You won't get 60% reduced exp killing a mob even if it's only 2 levels lower than you.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they fix little annoyances like this: just entered Nagrand as horde (65 due to pvp battleground xp) , and gotta backtrack hellfire to get Mag'har rep.

Skipping hellfire completely would be nice. Even if it's "lore" , it's very very old lore we know by now

Of course I could go to other zones easily, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.
    Can't, I want my alts in the new races.

Deleted
    Love that scaling is coming, my only concern is the announced Kalimdor becoming horde, EK becoming Alliance.
    On hordes, I love doing silverpine, hillsbrad & both plaguelands, where as on alliance i love doing felwood, winterspring, 1k needles
    so if they do truly make it faction based, what happens to them quest wise?
    i know they said Teldrassil & UC will remain normal to 110, but they didnt mention other zones
    Really dont wanna lose out on some really good questing zones

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Love that scaling is coming, my only concern is the announced Kalimdor becoming horde, EK becoming Alliance.
    On hordes, I love doing silverpine, hillsbrad & both plaguelands, where as on alliance i love doing felwood, winterspring, 1k needles
    i know they said Teldrassil & UC will remain normal to 110, but they didnt mention other zones
    As far as I know the world state will be the same "cataclysm" experience, except scaling mobs and loot, and some zones with minimum level.

I'd rather wait and level with a bunch of people

- - - Updated - - -

The world change (Horde Kalimdor, Alliance EK) is phased; only happens at max level.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Can't wait for this change, honestly. There are so many zones I stopped leveling in ages ago, because they are inefficient but now I can go wherever I want to level.

For instance I won't be stuck in Howling Fjord/Borean Tundra for 4 levels when I hit 68. I can go and enjoy zones like Zul'drak or Sholazar, where I probably wasn't doing quests since WotLK. Not to mention I can finish these zones too, I honestly don't even remember quests that are deep into these zones. Great change!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'd rather wait and level with a bunch of people

- - - Updated - - -

The world change (Horde Kalimdor, Alliance EK) is phased; only happens at max level.
    When asked they only said Teldrassil / UC would change at max level?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You want to level up so that the mobs around you can become more powerful? Not sure why anyone is excited about this feature. Why not just get rid of levels all together.
    If you follow an efficient leveling route the enemies around you become more powerful anyway because you've moved onto a higher level zone... with higher level enemies... that provide proportionate experience.... instead of dawdling around in zones you're 10 levels too high for because you "want to finish the zone" or whatever, killing enemies and turning in quests that provide practically no experience, just wasting time.

Now you 1) won't waste time doing content you outlevel if want to finish a zone, and 2) you want have to constantly leave zones unfinished, or potentially even skip entire zones that you actually enjoy, just to go to level appropriate zones to continue effectively leveling your characte.r

Your argument is extremely flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    I mean, how many of us, have got to a zone and thought "Ima do loremaster for this zone", only to give up 1/3rd through due to all quests turning grey and minimal rewards
    at least this way, it stays rewarding

People trying to use the story as justification for this pointless change amuse me to no end.

When asked they only said Teldrassil / UC would change at max level?
    Oh. Maybe I misread / misinterpreted ? I'd have to go back and look.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Oh. Maybe I misread / misinterpreted ? I'd have to go back and look.
    Just checked, only saw mention of UC and Teldrassil.
    Honestly hope it does stay as is till 110, but would seem odd to have all zones change at 110 ;/

First of all, someone even asked Hazzikostas in one of the interviews if heirlooms will be nerfed, and his answer was "we rather want to bring non-heirloom rewards up to par, heirlooms will still have the xp bonus advatange of course", so rather than you killing mobs slower fully heirloomed, you might kill them faster without (in comparison).

Second, I don't really care I can 1-shot a grey mob that will give me no xp when I level up. If the mob takes 3 hits instead of 1 but provides xp, this is a net gain. Can't remember having trouble killing / surving mobs of my level since heirlooms were implemented, unless I massively overpulled on a non tank class. Yeah, before heirlooms it was a problem, sometimes you just wouldn't find upgrades and you'll be stuck with massively inadequate low level gear, or you'd be forced to go to AH and pay to the scalpers called "transmog sellers" nowadays (thanks Blizz for heirlooms). Having to check which zone maybe has a quest reward weapon, ring or chest piece with the stats I want wasn't funny, especially if you wanted something specific, like intellect leather gear for a boomkin. Now it's heirlooms and done.

Third, one of the massive discouragement from levelling outside of dungeon spam route were the travel times. You'd outlevel a zone and find out you have to travel more than it's worth it to find one suited to your current level. Now you can make custom routes and never worry about having quests too high (not appearing) or too low (lame xp rate). If I want to go with a level 10 Forsaken into Eastern Plaguelands then Hillsbrad, then Hinterlands, I will be able to, and not outlevel any of the zones or have to drop it midway. Before I remember levelling a Gnome in Wetlands and I would end up so high in level that next zone in the bracket would be Hinterlands / Western Plaguelands, the prospect of travelling there on a slow ground mount wasn't exactly exciting.

I'm really looking forward to 7.3.5 to finally redo my loremaster (I did one pre-cata in EK / Kalimdor before they added achievements for each sub zone separately). Biggest detriment so far was the fact even starting the zone at lowest possible level, you'd finish it way above intended level even without dungeons, and I didn't want to skip heirlooms due to convenience of never ending up with too low gear pieces (as I described above). And to get loremaster achievements, you can't just do 3 questlines in each zone, you need to finish the zone fully.

Also now I won't have these awkward choke points where only 1 zone is available until it branches out (looking at you, Hellfire Peninsula), I can pick different zones on different alts, see different questlines and not feel bored.

Really looking forward to the patch, especially that it's gonna hit in the "end of expansion lull" period so perfect time to go do loremaster and other chill content.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-11-09 at 09:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I dont care, I'm just glad that I WONT HAVE TO DO GOD DAMN OUTLANDS EVER AGAIN!

*ahem* excuse me...

Actually, I'll probably level faster. I have a bad habit of hanging around areas until I'm completely finished with them. (and everything turns trivial)