Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Now I can grind ogres in Tanaris all the way to 60

on the contrary I am gonna put off leveling my last low level characters until 7.3.5 drops so I won't have to worry about outleveling zones where I want to complete the story before moving on.

Just rolled a new mage last week. Definitely gonna get her leveled before 7.3.5

Fuck level scaling.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I don’t think I’ve levelled a toon via quests past level 15 in years so being able to actually quest and do th story in areas I’ve not seen in ages will be fun

Dungeons won't scale and you'll still be able to rush through them. They never mentioned dungeons as far as I remember.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.
    That's one way to look at it. Personaly I have just made a hunter I plan to level after 7.3.5 when I can truly experience leveling from fresh as it was ment to be. I can't wait for 7.3.5 last thing I leveled without boost from 0 was pre cata so it's all new content for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Just rolled a new mage last week. Definitely gonna get her leveled before 7.3.5

Fuck level scaling.
    Just do dungeons ffs there nit changing or the silly amount of exp u get from them till level 90

15+ Year Old Account
    That is the problem. This game hasn't been about levelling for a long time. It's about endgame. Almost all of it is about endgame. Now it's going to take you ages to get there on new characters.

I'm surprised everyone's so positive tho. Usually when I hear people about wanting to play a new class it's "Ughhhhh I have to go through that awful levelling again". Well, now it's gonna take you three times as long. You might find it fun the first time around, and maybe the second time. But what if you're on your tenth alt and you have to go through that again? Is it still fun then?
    I imagine others have already responded to this, but you seem really confused by how this is going to work.

The devs never stated that they were making it harder to level; you just won't outpace the zone you are playing in anymore, so instead of quests turning green after you zoom a level or two, they'll stay yellow (or orange, I assume). What this means is you won't be getting lower amounts of XP from quests and mobs, and you won't have to waste time traveling to a new zone to find higher XP quests. It will absolutely make leveling faster in real time, and provide the opportunity to skip portions of the expansions you don't like. They are also looking at improving the stats on leveling gear, which could mean you'll be even stronger and kill faster than you would currently.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

ITT: People who enjoy leveling who can't imagine that some people simply don't like leveling in this game - especially not when it's becoming slower.

Leveling in this game is boring. Story isn't gonna change anything about that. Not having to skip zones won't change that either.
    It's still a process that randomly takes like 24+ hours and teaches you absolutely nothing about the game.
    It might have been a fun thing to do 10 years ago, but I'm not gonna read through quest text on my 20th char, I just want it to be over so I can enjoy the actual games focus - that being endgame, the thing they've centered their last 7 expansions around, not leveling, something they haven't given any shits about for the last 12 years.
    Last edited by Gasparde; 2017-11-09 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah, I’d have been okay with this if they revamped the old world too but as a Loremaster levelling through content I’ve done a thousand times already is just going to be painful, the quests are all so woefully outdated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I reckon it will be more "fun" to actually be able to clear out an area properly rather than doing some quick quests than travelling half across the world map to the other side to continue.
    For 0 to 90 I'm gonna use looms to make it so I can
    Still have easy kills
    Not have to worry about loot
    Get enough exp per zone that you can be selective what zones you want to do
    Possibly skip tbc zones and do 60-80 via wrath (Finaly time continuity for dks) ( if I see hellfire one more fucking time I'm gonna......)
    Skip cata or mop by getting 80-90 in either

Then I'm boost cos fuck wod I'd rather pay than go back there

Then 100-110 in a day via legion quests

Hit argus for maxed artifact and full 910 armour in a week (+ the odd 930)

Smash pvp till BfA comes out

yep, ive only got to finish up my monk and then level my shaman from 100

saving my priest for void elves

then i'll have collected all 151 original pokemon
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Just do dungeons ffs
    No.

Sooner staple my balls to my chair than fucking dungeon spam.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    From what I'm reading, it feels like levelling is gonna take fucking forever again soon, even with heirlooms. Sure you get the XP bonus, but you won't zerg stuff quite as easily now.

If you had any races / classes you wanted to play, you best level them quickly I suppose.
    Another JustRob shitpost.

If anything this is a case of: If you don't give a shit and just want to zerg to end game 110 as fast as possible, do it now. But if you prefer to actually enjoy the RPG game and take your time throughout the progression, wait till 7.3.5.

Deleted
    You still one shot with full heirlooms, even the zones they've readjusted months ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    For 0 to 90 I'm gonna use looms to make it so I can
    Still have easy kills
    Not have to worry about loot
    Get enough exp per zone that you can be selective what zones you want to do
    Possibly skip tbc zones and do 60-80 via wrath (Finaly time continuity for dks) ( if I see hellfire one more fucking time I'm gonna......)
    Skip cata or mop by getting 80-90 in either

Then I'm boost cos fuck wod I'd rather pay than go back there

Then 100-110 in a day via legion quests

Hit argus for maxed artifact and full 910 armour in a week (+ the odd 930)

Smash pvp till BfA comes out
    Just because WoD had Garrisons which enforced a less-than-ideal experience doesn't make the entire expansion terrible.
    Personally I had tons of fun leveling in WoD. The zones and quests felt great.

Say hello to DK's in Deadmines!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You want to level up so that the mobs around you can become more powerful? Not sure why anyone is excited about this feature. Why not just get rid of levels all together.
    Not sure what difference would it make, since you basically just move on to the next zone after mobs are green/grey. Now we'll actually be able to play the whole zone without skipping and check out their stories instead of experiencing 1/10 of the story and moving on to the next

I'm thinking the exact opposite. "Friggin finally, I can level in zones and enjoy the story without having to leave halfway into it because all the quests turned grey!"

Think of those horde quests from their starting zone down into the southshore zone, those were incredible, but even back in Cata I outgrew them well before I finished and just dealt with the terrible gains and underpowered mobs.

There's nothing fun about getting to the end of your questline and the big scary final boss is 1-shottable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Would you not level faster given you dont have to change zones as often?

That is the problem. This game hasn't been about levelling for a long time. It's about endgame. Almost all of it is about endgame. Now it's going to take you ages to get there on new characters.

I'm surprised everyone's so positive tho. Usually when I hear people about wanting to play a new class it's "Ughhhhh I have to go through that awful levelling again". Well, now it's gonna take you three times as long. You might find it fun the first time around, and maybe the second time. But what if you're on your tenth alt and you have to go through that again? Is it still fun then?
    I.. am pretty sure you have no understanding of what you think you read if you interpreted the change to mean 3x as slow leveling.. It's like the point is on the Vindicaar and you're just sitting at the Exodar wondering where everyone is, you missed it so badly.