Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Never Booseted, am i alone?

Am I the only one who doesn't boost characters as a principle? Sure it might be ineffective, but boosting just feels like cheating. When I first started playing, reaching the max level seemed like a challenge to achieve, a journey to travel. I still enjoy traveling down this road with alts.

So am I the only one who feels like this or is it more common?

Nope. Done it a few times but with the recent price increase to £49 hell no. That's just over the top.

You mean as in paid boosts? In which case no - never bought one. Used my freebies with expansions but that's it. Usually do RAF, which I suppose could be considered a boost as you get an xp boost, but i also like the levelling process as it gives a bit of a break from the current content grinds.

Pretty sure paid boosts aren't overly popular - they're pretty expensive anyway

Dunno, I always boost my chars if there's no cheesy way of levelling, e.g., pre-Legion event.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Dunno, I always boost my chars if there's no cheesy way of levelling, e.g., pre-Legion event.
    Wow, how many times have you used the feature?

I always use my freebie boosts but I've never paid for one and at £49, I'd REALLY have to hate leveling to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Wow, how many times have you used the feature?

I always use my freebie boosts but I've never paid for one and at £49, I'd REALLY have to hate leveling to do that.
    Well, I used it 4 times so far. So not that often... >_>

I just really hate levelling, I hate it so much that I had not alts till late MoP and I've been playing for 12 years because there's no new quests, no new story branches, no new locations, nothing new.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-08 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I will use the "free" boosts provided Digital Deluxe purchases, but I've never purchased one. I figure that having done the leveling experience multiple times on various characters that it really isn't cheating - it's not going to take me 100+ levels to learn a new class/spec to the point I can be proficient with it in dungeons or raids. Generally the 5 to 10 level experience not covered by the boost is sufficient enough. If you've never played WoW before and use a boost I would probably consider that more akin to cheating - but more in the sense that your disadvantaging yourself (and losing out on a really fun experience by going through the old world at your own pace unaided).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    i would never boost a char, its a principle, not just because of the money, also because of the journey that would have been lost. (but free boosts are okay, i mean its free!!111)

Deleted
    I feel you lose the connection to your character when boosting. I've used the free boosts and both toons have never been played after.

I've done it a couple of times. Especially after Legion launched i wanted to try some classes.
    Usually end up deleting them after a couple of days

I think I had a total of like 8-10 boosted characters. Most of them being hunters. I had 11 max leveled hunters at one point on my account (spread across servers and both factions)

Rather get to the "better" parts of the game and start gearing, than the tedious and meaningless leveling process that WoW has had in recent years.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I think I had a total of like 8-10 boosted characters. Most of them being hunters. I had 11 max leveled hunters at one point on my account (spread across servers and both factions)

Rather get to the "better" parts of the game and start gearing, than the tedious and meaningless leveling process that WoW has had in recent years.
    Why are you so obsessed w/ hunters?

Deleted
    Feel the exact same way, I would probably feel differently if the game was free to play tho.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Why are you so obsessed w/ hunters?
    I don't know. From launch till end of BC I played only a prot warrior and rogue. Then got perma banned. I ONLY made a new account and leveled a hunter because it was easy and fast. Then I just fell in love with the mobility and play style over the years I guess. If I ever come back to WoW or play Classic I'd have an actual choice I feel like.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Not sure if I'm impressed or scared by your hunter obsession.

I used my free 90 boost for disc priest 60->90 prior to purchasing the expansion (wanted updated crafts). Haven't used my free 100 boost yet.

I use the free one with every (recent) expansion. Usually to boost a character on a server I do not play on of the faction I am not playing.

Leveling is not (and never was) hard, just time consuming. I work and my gametime is limited, thus I value my time more than the price of a boost - so yes, i boosted some chars.
    If I want a journey to travel, I play better games instead, wow's sub max level content is really bleak in comparison to "real" RPGs, especially after 10y or so playing it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

it takes two or 3 days of solid play to hit 90, and after that maybe 1 day to 110. if you use the potion its even less time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never bought a boost, no. I've used the freebies though.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar